Posts by FSXP

I’ll leave it that. But, I do want to defend that out of the options you compared them with, Rosé is the only one that is called a decent hit or even a normal hit. Queendom isn’t really called that. I never said you were shady or downgrading anything. I’ll respect the fact that you don’t want to discuss it further, but I’m just giving my opinion on why OTG would be seen as more of a hit than AF. But hey, I never said AF wasn’t a hit.

This is just a nit picking take. All 4 songs, the BG one include can't remember what it's called, overall performed within a similar margin, about 10-15%. One can't be a decent sized hit, while the other a flop like has been said.

I'm sorry, I really must say it, fans can't say 'more is expected of Twice' in one breath and in the other ignore the 5-10 threads made every comeback for 2-3 years calling Twice flops or finished in Korea...how fans gonna say 'Koreans love Rose voice' or 'Blackpink is a group of 4 superstars' or 'Rose is the Golden Voice of Korea' and suddenly say the standard, and thus the results, should be weighed separately for Twice? A group 2-3 years out of their digital peak years?

If one is a decent size hit or w/e than so is the other, period. I'm sorry groups don't come with special circumstances or an asterisks beside their name that means they need to perform to a much higher standard than that of other idols. It's ridiculous to even suggest that.

Well, one could also say you were nitpicking. Okay, so in Twice’s 11th week they had a bit more Gaon points than Rosé and had 153K ULs on Melon (still less than Rosé). Does that account for weeks 1-10? It doesn’t. That doesn’t account for how much higher Rosé peaked and how many more Gaon point she accumulated in a shorter time. They didn’t peak as high as her on Gaon and Melon. They didn’t accumulate more streams and points in that period. (They still haven’t). You picked a random week and discarded the full picture, and it was strung together with longevity. Yet, AF still doesn’t have more points or ULs than OTG, so is this longevity really working in its favor?

Once again, we can tell OTG was a pretty decent hit in 2021 because it’s nominated for SOTY as per Melon. It also much higher than AF on Gaon YE and it’s not looking likely that AF will do more in the long run.

I’m not one to step into Twice’s sphere. But it’s ridiculous to compare Twice to Rosé. Twice is far bigger than Rosé the solo artist atm. Simply, it’s relative. On the Ground will be considered one of the bigger female solo hits released this year. Hence, why it’s nominated for Melon SOTY. Gone charted top 5 and multiple weeks as a b-side. Hence, why Rosé was nominated as a possible Bonsang contender. Twice isn’t nominated for either. Rosé will finish the year as one of the best performing female soloists in terms of digital performance. Twice will finish the year as maybe top 5 for GG.

Not trying to say AF isn’t a hit, but it’s ridiculous you’re trying to say Rosé should be held to a high standard because of BP’s hits when we’ve seen many times group success doesn’t necessarily translate to solo and if she was held to that standard, she did pretty great considering how much she is nominated for as a soloist. If Rosé charted bad on her debut, she would probably be said to be disappointing. But she didn’t and she did very well this year so.

I wish I could upvote this to the max. The relationship between idols and fans are much more delusional than ever. In the 2nd Gen, vlive and bubble and all that didn’t exist. These fans didn’t have a direct link to idols as they did now. That’s not to say they didn’t do crazy things, but their favorite idol wasn’t at the tip of their fingers. It wasn’t until the 3rd Gen with social platforms did idols and groups start to use this to forge this relationship.

Specifically, BLACKPINK are just growing up. Their place is combination of things. They’re not young idols anymore. They don’t need to do so many vlives. Why would they? They’ve devoted a large part of their lives to their career. They’re just at the point where they are probably forging a personal life. People bring up TWICE, but TWICE is an unusual case. It’s clear JYP is actively pushing the all or nothing agenda. Plus, YGE was never a company known for fanservice. Treasure is like their first attempt. They always drew a line between their artists personal and private.

Maybe it seems like they don’t care cause kpop is becoming more and more about pushing out so much content for fans. (Though, I would argue it’s overwhelming and that’s why kpop groups are becoming less and less standout among the increasing sea of groups)

At some point, you realize it’s an addiction to negativity. A constant reason to prove their tunnel vision. Nobody here is their manager. We do not know her schedule, and logic should reason out the rest of the absurdity. Like YGE trying to limit her success? That doesn’t make sense. They make more money on her success. They’re a South Korean company with barely any ties to the US industry. Money already does well on streaming. That truly only leaves radio and Interscope is in charge of that as their US label. Stuff like this should be logically reasoned but people only see what they want.

Some of the people who hate on aespa, NCT, Stray Kids, and Itzy for noise music stan BTS and Blackpink. They also have songs that are "noise music". Let's not forget Kill This Love or IDOL. I'm not hating on anyone, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

It just makes no sense to claim that noise music is ruining K-pop because half of the time the people that make these claims only listen to a group's title track. Then they go on to say "ThEiR eNtIrE DiScOgRaPhY iS nOiSe MuSiC" :clown:

Seriously. Take an hour to listen to any single one of the discographies of the groups that I mentioned. You'll realize the entire thing is a fallacy. It's a narrative K-pop stans created to hate and shame other groups.

BTS & BP are the most criticized groups in Kpop. Believe me. Any criticism those groups are getting for “noise music”. BTS & BP got it x10 and much much worse when there was actual diversity in sound in Kpop. But, the formula for both of those groups do not equate to the formula of ITZY, Stray Kidz and Aespa. Before those groups, SM & JYP groups had a vastly different sound that rarely touched the mesh of Hip Hop / EDM like YGE AND Big Hit in the past. That was their lane. They appealed to western artists. NCT actually didn’t get that label until recently. They debuted the same year as BP and from their debut to around Regular. Their title tracks were quite liked and only Cherry Bomb really stuck out as experimental and different but even that grew on people. All in all, I’m just saying that nobody is inescapable from this critique I mean BP got criticized for YEARS for their music just being noise. D4, KTL, and HYLT were all called disjointed and loud and that’s where the popularity of the critique came from.

At the moment, I think they’re okay. They’re more polarizing now since NCT units is their main group atm and their title tracks were always polarizing to an extent and became even more so in recent years.

I think when they get it right, their highs are unbeatable but when it’s wrong it’s definitely hard to swallow. In the past, their lineup was a lot more diverse and each group had a unique sound so it was all well-loved, but I don’t get the same feeling anymore. But you never know, things come and go and they could return to top form whenever.

ummmmm, Electric Shock was a big hit in Korea, so was Hot Summer and Danger. They might not have made a hit the size of the upper tiers but it’s crazy to say they haven’t when Danger was top 10 YE on Gaon. Plus, they also did have several hits during their first year.

Also, Red Velvet had several hits before RF. Just because they didn’t peak a year or two into their career doesn’t mean they didn’t have hits and by 2016 they were considered a top girl group. 2017 was just a continuation. NL could be aespa’s peak or it might not be. But it’s crazy to compare it to when the charts moved much quicker pre-24 Hits.

You don’t have to undersell both of those groups to prop up Aespa.

It’s not impossible. I think the extensiveness of their universe and lore being embedded into their songs and lyrics will stand out the most. Lore and universes existed before Aespa (I mean SM’s own EXO had the same aspects) but it wasn’t pushed as much in the music. Musically, i don’t see it. Truthfully, I don’t think Aespa is that experimental musically. People tend to confused safe with typical pop. Savage isn’t experimental structure wise and the production wouldn’t be out of place for NCT either. Their commitment to their lore musically will be their biggest strength. (It could also limit their appeal in the future but so far so good.)

They weren’t abandoned though. Mamamoo got a big hit with HIP after several failed hits after Egotistic. Gfriend got another hit with Time for the Moon Night in 2018 after several failed comebacks in 2017. Mamamoo and Red Velvet didn’t really blow each other out the water digitally.

Both aren’t as strong for various reasons and not every group will be the top group for years and years and everyone has their time. It’s all a trend. Gfriend we’re a victim of changing trends and Mamamoo probably ran their course. I don’t think their title tracks are distinctive as their prior years and Hwasa’s solo success doesn’t seem to translate into the group gathering attention.

(I also challenge that big 3 have been 1 and 2 for the better part of a decade. 2ne1 weren’t always considered #2 on several occasions. SISTAR, T-ara, and APINK unseated them at times and Sistar was probably considered the bigger act in Korea by the public post-2011.)

i think we can all agree YG is just not managing their artists properly. kudos to akmu for taking the leash and getting what they deserve. i hope bp is able to do the same.

They pretty much already do. They insisted for music shows for HYLT and variety appearances for The ALBUM. Rosé went out of her own way to book Knowing Bros with Hyeri. YGE does have a promo team, but from what we’ve learned recently BP basically go out of their way lately to decide variety appearances.

Rosé, Jennie and Lisa had a hand in picking their own songs. I don’t know why you all insist like they’re not capable of making decisions. They were all heavily involved in the creation of their own solos. They’re not puppets.

I’m not trying to downplay IZONE’s success, but IOI and the first produce are what kicked off the survival show craze. They’re basically the reason why there were so many seasons + their public appeal (which no other PD truly reached tbh) created good Will for the following seasons. Survival shows always existed but it wasn’t until IOI and the first PD season did so many shows with trainees from smaller companies and such become the format.

I was thinking on this, so I thought it would be a fun question to ask. Since a lot of new girl groups and their members say that they are their idols. What do you think their legacy will be? It’s pretty obvious they’re still growing, but it will be fun to look back at our thoughts in a couple years.

Do you think BLACKPINK shifted the expectations and vision for girl groups from now on?

She was number 1 on the main Indo playlist where as Lisa wasnt.

The playlists you posted dont prove anything?

So what was a playlist for Indonesia going change? How does that prove Rosé had stronger playlisting? Top Hits Indonesia isn’t a massive playlist that would shift how many people were going to see OTG. What sense does that make? This is an absurd argument. If you were talking about some grand playlist I could understand, but a playlist for Indonesia is going to move the streams.

U cant be this dense

Lisa cmb happen a week after multiple western artist release massive album bombs unlike rosé one

There points are basically the same but the chart position is diffeent bc the artist that release around both times are different, it's the same that hapen with lsg

Also rosé fans are the last one to talk about fans hype when they have done nothing but complaining about rosé bad longevity

Literally, no Rosé fans are coming at Lisa. She’s doing fine. Rosé did great and any instance of you needing to speak about Lisa’s situation need to be taken up with Lisa fans? Like that doesn’t have anything to do with Rosé when this is an obvious troll.

It proves that your lying about rose having no playlisting and yeah Lisa has someome but not as much as Rose had.

I never said Rosé had no playlisting. She wasn’t added to into the massive playlisting TTH. If anything, you’re trying to prove she had more playlisting when it’s obvious she didn’t. She’s not any bigger or smaller playlists than Lisa had. So what’s your point? That Rosé had a bigger push on Spotify? When the playlists posted, show she didn’t. Once again, check your facts.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You stop lying.

I’m confused on what this was suppose to prove. LMAO

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.