Posts by FSXP

Imo Ice Cream basically shows why Blackpink is a digimon.

Unpromoted, english song and managed to reach #6 when everyone else is underperforming in 24hits.

If you think because of that they arent digimon, then even Twice, Epik High etc are all not digimons. Which is definitely not true in korea

Blackpink has had a hit every year since their debut. Showing their consistency. And if reaching #6 on a supposedly bad song in the hardest melon chart to date is considered bad, then nobody except IU shld be considered digimon

I think you’re correct. It’s irrelevant to hold one song that didn’t do well against BP. Ice Cream wasnt aimed for Korea nor did it even get promoted. (I think they still haven’t performed it). But the title never meant you can send any song top 10. It meant your tracks would flood the charts on the release of a mini or album. Outside of IU -> BTS, BLACKPINK is the next in line for the title.

That’s why I said the name was watered down and loosely used. Twice was only considered digimon because of that but we all knew that their power was based on title tracks. The GP did not care about their b-sides like other digital monsters.

To be fair, it depends on what you call a digital monster. The term was originally not just for groups that constantly put out smash title tracks. Acts like Sistar, 2ne1, IU, Big Bang were called that because even their b-sides would storm the charts.

Later, people started to use it for acts that consistently did well with title tracks. So among the ones discussed in here, only TWICE was ever really considered digital monsters in the latter sense.

Alright, I was bored. I got to the sentence where they said they were tired of songs being catered to only Rosé/Jennie vocals tones, then at that moment I know they didn’t know anything they was talking about. They proceeded to name things they were tired of that exist in every group they brought up. LOL.

I’m tempted to say the reverse would actually make more sense than this chart. 7-10am and 6PM-10PM were when the real-time charts reflected the daily chart the most before 24H charts. 6PM-10PM were also when people usually released. Wouldn’t it make more sense for 7-10am and 6PM-10PM to reflect the real-time charts which allows new releases to get the ability to shine more then chart freeze to 24H on the times not within those periods to consistently reflect the public opinion?

idk why everyone is so obsessed with charts being a reflection of the general public. Do you actually care what the loan officer at your local bank is listening to? Or the security guard down at the Y?

I mean, you too should hope it’s a reflection of the general public. Before Melon became stricter, normal people would complain hardcore about the influx of boy groups songs because of mass streaming & that carried a cloud over many boy groups. It definitely skewers opinions about the groups as well. More than just an accurate reflection of the charts.

Basically, the charts are back to how they were pre-24 Hits. Only now, Kingdom has certainly increased the fanbases of many boy groups. So, I’ll expect the 4th Gen tweets about to get really competitive with the new real-time charts. Seventeen & NCT also blew up in the last year, so they’ll probably dominate the real-time as well. NCT especially. Dream did really well on the real-time for a couple of days.

I see AIIYL and FY re-enter year after year so it makes sense that people like their brighter pop sounds more.

They might like them more, but I think it’s just about their appeal to different things and maybe to different demographics. FY/AIIYL are obvious summer hits so they’ll rise with the summer season. LSG is very similar to PWF. Both melancholic but with some upbeat appeal in the chorus. Which is why their longevity also makes sense. They can fit fall/winter/spring pretty well & they’re easily listening for all demographics. Korea loves their coffee shop music and I think these two fit the most with that. That leaves HYLT/D4 and even Whistle (though it’s not a hype song). They’ll appeal more to younger demographics. More likely to go viral because a focus on catchiness.

it wont though because blinks are not as organized to fund 100k copies a week.

I was against bundles even when BP had them even though I dont think they did much and website sales are just trash.

BP had bundles for one week. It was their debut. After that, they stayed in the top 10 on multiple weeks because of streams & pure sales cause Billboard discontinued bundles counting. The stats speak for themselves. There’s no use in arguing with people that want to believe the alternative b/c they want to force some type of idea that BP’s success isn’t extraordinary.

i totally get what u mean when it comes to stats, but sometimes we should also look at the impact and Red Flavor had more of an impact in Korea (D4 was huge there was so much hype when the song was out don`t get me wrong), but still RF made RV queens of summer in Korea and the song climbed the charts again for the next two summers.. also not long ago when talking about national hits knetz said RF was the only song that has potential besides the obvious ones like Growl and TT they don`t really mention D4.. i guess maybe D4 was bigger hit initially, but RF overall

I still think it will be a bit of a fight to place RF higher. It will be close, and I think quite a bit will place it higher but ultimately the success D4 paved for BP in Korea would still surpass RV. I mean, we’re talking about a song so popular that it not only topped the Gallup poll (still remains the only 3rd Gen GG song to do so) but Jennie went on to have a solo smash afterwards from the hype of the song. Peek-a-Boo didn’t do nearly as well as RF. RF is a seasonal song, so it rises during the summer but outside of that D4 garners more streams & ULS. Even now, the song isn’t that much higher than D4 during it’s prime season.

RF is a smash hit & I’m sure to several it will be placed higher than D4, but ultimately I don’t think it would outweigh D4’s success which pushed BP to global superstardom internationally & pushed them even higher in Korea to the point where a single group member beat two top tier groups on the digital charts alone.