Posts by FSXP

what??? Rosé didnt have any playlisting until like 3 days after it came out stop lying lmao

Yeah I don’t know where this is coming from about Rosé’s playlisting. It was added near 3 days later.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Always wondered why Lisa get that kind of treatment from South Korea tbh. Since S.Kor seems to be perfectly fine with 2PM Nickhun, he's even one of the most popular member of 2PM in Korea, and they gave him endearing nickname such as 'Thai Prince'. He's basically an IT Boy during 2PM peak.

He was popular in the group. He’s very good looking and I’m sure he amassed a fanbase of people that liked him for these things but Nickhun is far from a popular soloist in Korea. Lisa will be more popular than him on that front with her physical sales alone and overall stats. I’m in no way trying to undermine Nickhun but it’s not like that love turned him into any solo force in Korea.

This is like being surprised that a rock didn’t float. Lisa is not Korean & tho she is well liked and known they do not have the same level of support. Also, posting Justin Bieber and white people topping Melon and what now is hilarious.

She’s charting better than most other group soloists as a foreign idol which is good enough and I doubt any other foreign idols would come close to her charting solo korean or internationally.

Isn't 2ne1 bigger than wg in everything? 2ne1 was no 2 after snsd. The top 2 r like set in stone for 2nd gen.

They are statistically. Digitally, 2ne1 destroys WGs and I believe they also sold more physically. Wonder Girls had a way bigger heyday cause of Tell Me, So Hot, and Nobody basically revitalizing the girl group market and were all much bigger than any 2ne1 song. They are much more remembered in a sort of nostalgic way on top of Sunmi’s successful career. 2ne1’s digital success far outclassed Wonder Girls. However, their success never translated to their name and brand reaching all demographics outside the youth like SNSD & Wonder Girls. In name brand for Korea, they’re were about equal with WGs edging them out a bit cause of thir early success. Sunmi’s successful solo career has probably kept up the name of the WGs far better than any 2ne1 solo career though.

Once again, this becomes a case of people blindingly counting their chickens before they hatch. StayC is trending. They’re a hot commodity right now (same way with Aespa and before Brave Girls). But they haven’t shown the consistency on charts to say that. I mean they are a rookie group not even a year old. We can’t tell you anything until there’s more comebacks and more time.

people turn to “by this time [insert group] did this or [insert group] is only this long old and they’re a rookie” but there’s no guarantee any group will have the same path. Just because Red Velvet or Twice sold that much at that age or are 5 years old doesn’t mean that group will. Or their career paths will be identical. It’s best to stay and wait because then all these “what happened” questions get thrown around based off one song or hit when you probably should have waited until they shown longevity in those fields.

US success was always a thing JYP wanted. It’s not even a recent thing. This is a reoccurring story for him. Wonder Girls was his first attempt. After WGs failed, Miss A and Twice focused more on Asia. Twice’s success in Japan was great. JYP should be astonished and grateful. That’s the 2nd biggest market in the world, but BTS broke through in the US. That’s a good sign that maybe KPOP is ready to hit the US after all. THEN, BLACKPINK charts and start to gain momentum in the US. They beat Wonder Girls old records with almost zilch of the effort. (Of course, it wasn’t planned by YGE/YHS quite the opposite.) Now, it’s no longer just a failed dream. It’s possible. A kpop girl group is charting there and doing damn well. Now, everything is pointing to achieving that. TWICE doesn’t need the US but it’s extra cash flowing in (you can debate if it’s worth the decline in other markets) but it’s not just them. Stray Kidz and Itzy are obvious groups that appeal to the US market. Everything about the company these days is aiming for that success seen by BTS/BP in the US.

Not really, people can barely name summer songs like there was dolphin, nonstop, hylt, maria, the sake songs and even some OST compared to this year

It just been a mid year, 2019 teas

Summer 2020 was definitely stronger. Only summer hits that will stand out is NL and Butter this year. Everything else is pretty much there.

The charts seem really slow lately which is weird because the charts are basically like pre-24Hits and they moved fast. But there haven’t been any rush of comebacks so once that kicks into gear it should start moving .

I was scrolling through the first page and this caught my eye because of the extremely long title. I rarely enter threads that aren't about my faves but I genuinely had a question. No shade honest, but isn't this movie the only gg cinema event made? You wrote of all-time but I don't think any other gg (western or kpop) had a movie. Lots of female solos have had them (ex. Miley Cyrus) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, now that you bring it up. I think the Spice Girls had a movie. But that was more of an actual movie than a movie event like this (like a concert and stuff mixed). But I don’t think any girl group off the top of my head has done this.

it is not only beneficial to bgs. are we rlly going to act like rv didn't benefit from it? somi? also a trot singer is the one benefitting the most from mass fandom streaming. y'all just only want to DRAG bgs for this.

RV would have went top 10 regardless. Irene & Seulgi sub-unit did it with ease. Somi was already climbing the 24Hits and she doesn’t have any type of fandom to stream her that high up. She very clearly has a hit this time. She also charted on 24 Hits last time. Also, only one trot singer is benefiting. Not every trot singer, and LYW is very popular in a similar fashion to BGs. As stated before, the new system will benefit boy groups as a whole more than any others. That’s fine to admit. The charts just reverted back to how they were a in early 2020 and before.

They were right. This format is only beneficial to boy groups. Melon probably realized that their traffic benefitted their site. Other than that, it’s not really beneficial to any other act.

Most soloist hits beyond a handful rarely start off massively so the 24 hits were just the usual reflection of their trajectory. Most climbed with time. The new chart isn’t really any “exposure” to anyone but artists with massive fandom streaming.

But the charts are just the way they were before 24Hits:

No.

I think people overestimate how much Lisa will do solo b/c they think Rosé is far less popular. The popularity difference between the girls in the fanbase isn’t that large to that degree. BP together did 1.5M basically. It’s unlikely that Lisa will do 1M. Personally, I think she will do similar numbers. Maybe a bit more. 600K to 700K at best. You also got to take into account that Lisa doesn’t have the same power as the other 3 in Korea so she will suffer a bit there. She’ll still do great physically just not to the astonishing point of 1M like some people believe.

It’s very mid. There’s tracks I like. Rosé, IU, StayC, Aespa, RV, Twice, OMG, Exo

But it’s been very meh. 2020 was more exciting. Plus, we were coming off some good hits at the end of 2019. It just don’t feel like the releases are coming frequent.

It will probably get better second half.

If I’m not mistaken, the companies actually get a large degree of money from touring in Korea.

It’s actually CFs in Korea > Touring > Digitals, so touring isn’t necessarily the most important. It’s a stream of revenue (definitely important to show fandom buying power) but just because you tour in Korea doesn’t mean you’re more profitable. Digital reflect public opinion thus people are able to get their bread and butter from advertisements and CFs.

NCT and Seventeen possibly make more money on tour than BP/Twice but it’s unlikely they make more money than the individual members or the groups because the latter have several more avenues of revenue for themselves and their companies besides touring & physicals.

But both Winner & iKon got their biggest hits after a hiatus ( Love Scenario & Really really) and they both released immediately after to capitalize on both songs. I mean, iKon released a bonus track, another mini ( w/ Killing Me) and then another mini at the end of the year (w/ Goodbye Road). Same with Winner they had island and a full album with the year success of RR. The public just wasn’t that interested in the groups to the same degree as BLACKPINK (who went on a year hiatus after AIIYL another group hiatus to KTL then another one over a year before HYLT now another one with LSG). Both of their debuts did well on the basis of BB Junior just as BP did. Subsequent releases that went on to success were all built on their names. iKon nor Winner were never that consistent regardless of quality. Winner more so than iKon, but neither were considered digital monsters.

Of this list, personally I would say everyone but BTOB were considered digimons. Epik High and Bol4 (especially cause they were the strongest digital act bar IU in 2016-2018). Of course, some stronger than others in many different ways, but just about everyone in your post are/were digimons.

If that's the criteria, then you should add AKMU as well (at least acc to their latest album chart performance). Also, NCT Dream manage to charted some of their Bside in Top100 Melon 24 Chart, so with that criteria maybe they're a semi-digimon after all? Lol

Well…

1) NCT Dream doesn’t even have a title track hit. Their last release certainly did well for a boy group but it wasn’t even close to a hit song.

2) their album didn’t flood the charts. IU, BTS and BP had every single song on their last album chart on the 24 hits and melon daily then they even stayed on the charts for a prolonged period of time. They charted very high I might add. NCT Dream had one b-side that hit the charts at 79.

so I don’t know how they would be considered a “semi-digimon” when they don’t have a hit and they charted 1 b-side of a full album at the lower end of the charts.