What is with all these Christian shaming among Kpop fans?

• It is not even a new thing, ever since Siwon this trend exists. Now Eunchae is getting hated on for being "church leader". What is so bad about it?

I am from a Muslim background myself and it is annoying to see, I'd never do something like that. I don't even think it is coming from other religions, it seems to be mostly coming from atheist/progressive Americans and their assumption that all Christians are basically "republicans", similar to how Chriss Patt is being hated on for being religious and gets automatically labeled as "bigot" or whatever even tho he never said anything wrong.

• Well, I think it is because Enchae is affiliated with the Church and isn't just an average "Christian" like the ones you mentioned.

What is "the Church"?

There are many churches. Most of them different in one way or another.

You're taking one example (without providing any evidence of that hate mind you) and using it to paint the entire kpop fandom and industry.

That's just idiotic.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• That's not the point duh

One example? Learn to count.

If you're saying she getting hate for being affiliated with "the Church". I need to know what "Church" you're referring to, because Christianity doesn't work that way. There's not a centralized entity.

And you mentioned Siwon and Eunchae, and then later retracted Siwon saying that was a bad example.

So yeah, that leaves one example, with no direct evidence supporting it.

• tons of idols are christians... like a lot of them

now I do feel there's some sort of religion disrespect on here, it's funny because everyone asks for "respect and understanding"

well I try not let this stop me, unless it goes out of the way then I won't stop myself but I will try the best I can to keep things normal and still be able to talk what I want (bad explanation but thats all I got for now lmao), "if you want respect you need to respect" as they say

• maybe because of the way Christian religion is portrayed in kdrama?

they always make it a place for dirty money, priests are creeps or murderers, etc.

they made it look similar to some kind of sect, place when rich people gather and use place for politics etc.

there are also real-life stories like this one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you're saying she getting hate for being affiliated with "the Church". I need to know what "Church" you're referring to, because Christianity doesn't work that way. There's not a centralized entity.

What I meant by that is that she was in fact a Church leader, alright? Like she ain't just someone called "Christian" and not really doing anything like 90% of Christians, but she's The Christian, someone who was a Church leader whatever that means, hope it is clear now.

And you mentioned Siwon and Eunchae, and then later retracted Siwon saying that was a bad example.

So yeah, that leaves one example, with no direct evidence supporting it.

There was also JYP situation

• What I meant by that is that she was in fact a Church leader, alright? Like she ain't just someone called "Christian" and not really doing anything like 90% of Christians, but she's The Christian, someone who was a Church leader whatever that means, hope it is clear now.

There was also JYP situation.

"whatever that means"?

That's pretty unclear if you don't even know what you're talking about.

Sounds like you found something you thought was edgy and decided to post it without doing any research.

Okay, now you're provided two examples. That's still not enough to generalize all kpop fans. Especially with the multiple idols that are Christian or Catholic and receive no hate.

Basically, your soapbox is made of paper and won't hold up very long.

• I feel like you're just fighting for the sake of fighting, like this is like 3rd or 4th thread in last few days that you just feel a necessity to argue with me. I made this thread because I've seen people make snarky remarks about Eunchae. Was there ton of them? No. But I instantly remembered that this isn't the first time it is happening so it did seem like a trend to me.

• the guest was the best when they made a priest

go go slay

:pepe-torch:

• I don't know who Eunchae is but I think it may go beyond just being Christian. After all many idols are Christian anyway.

Siwon was hated for saying homophobic statements due to his religious morals. Even if he felt that way he didn't need to say out loud. That and despite his opinion he's done some VERY homoerotic things on purpose so it's a bit hypocritical.

Then there's this thing going round in Korea where certain religious congregations are seen as cults. JYP has been accused and he said he was going to clarify and dispel everyone's fears....... He said that inner a year ago and showed nothing lol.

• I feel like you're just fighting for the sake of fighting, like this is like 3rd or 4th thread in last few days that you just feel a necessity to argue with me. I made this thread because I've seen people make snarky remarks about Eunchae. Was there ton of them? No. But I instantly remembered that this isn't the first time it is happening so it did seem like a trend to me.

No, I refute idiocy when I see it. You just seem to bring a lot of it lately.

If you saw people making snarky remarks about Eunchae and wanted to talk about it, then bring those as evidence and talk about Eunchae. Don't paint the entirety of kpop fans as "Christian shaming".

Broadly applying a few incidents to an entire group of people without sufficient backing evidence is what prejudice and discrimination is.

• Wait, what are Zionists? I'm a bit confused.

A zionist is a person believes that the country of israel should exist. However considering what israel has been doing for decades (stealing land from Palestinians living there, violently occupying land, bombing and killing civilians etc) zionism implies that you also agree with israels actions.

• A zionist is a person believes that the country of israel should exist. However considering what israel has been doing for decades (stealing land from Palestinians living there, violently occupying land, bombing and killing civilians etc) zionism implies that you also agree with israels actions.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that. That is pretty messed up.

• That's not the point duh

One example? Learn to count.

That is the point!

There are some sects of churches in Korea that at like cults and cause alot of troubles like the one JYP is part of.

Most idols are Christians and they are not getting shamed for it

So what type of church it is, is an important piece of info that will shed some light on the situation

• Eh? Mark has been unabashedly open about his Christianity and he is one of the most well liked idols by kpop fans. That's just one example. Maybe look around the industry instead of jumping on someone's melodramatic twt. (Usually when someone comes hard charging in here around something like this, it's on the back of a telephone game series of tweets.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread is so confusing, why are we fighting exactly??? :ahh-bee: anyways, i saw (not here) some cases where the religion itself was hated just for hating, but this isn't a common thing neither i see idols getting bashed bc of their beliefs. Those are isolated cases with isolated negative reactions.

Here in akp i think people are pretty ok and respectful.

If you can (op) please provide links or just drop the generalized accusation.

• It is not even a new thing, ever since Siwon this trend exists. Now Eunchae is getting hated on for being "church leader". What is so bad about it?

I am from a Muslim background myself and it is annoying to see, I'd never do something like that. I don't even think it is coming from other religions, it seems to be mostly coming from atheist/progressive Americans and their assumption that all Christians are basically "republicans", similar to how Chriss Patt is being hated on for being religious and gets automatically labeled as "bigot" or whatever even tho he never said anything wrong.

sorry mate, but once again you miss the point whilst trying to prove your point.

Hence you will be judged based on your prior history, which is not exactly "clear".

Also, who the F is Eunchae? And why should I care?

And why do you care?

Let's leave the whole homophobic and whatever posts in this thread aside.

But you make no sense here mate.

• So what did she do/say about her faith is the bigger question?

Nothing that I know of. Kpop detectives found out that she was a church girl when her concept teasers dropped and since then it's been a joke within the le sserafim fandom. That's all I know but I haven't seen any hate towards her for it so I don't get op.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Lawd.. might be out of topic, but… why Christians acting all oppressed suddenly just because a few twitter users call them out on their homophobia and other problematic behavior… when Christians have been oppressing people for thousands of years and are still the most dominant political voting group in the world.

Also fun fact, Koreans had their own cultural/religious identity before White Jesus was introduced to them. But okay.

Cry me a river.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Lawd.. might be out of topic, but… why Christians acting all oppressed suddenly just because a few twitter users call them out on their homophobia and other problematic behavior… when Christians have been oppressing people for thousands of years and are still the most dominant political voting group in the world.

Also fun fact, Koreans had their own cultural/religious identity before White Jesus was introduced to them. But okay.

Cry me a river.

You are aware that homophobia is exiting in all 3 Abrahamic religions? Christianity, Islam and Judaism?

Also Christians weren’t the only ones that oppressed other minorities. So did Muslims and so did Jews.

Yes Christianity has the most following, but there are also hundreds of different denominations. Christianity is just an umbrella term. Catholic, Orthodox and Protestants being the historically more known branches of Christianity. And even within these different branches there was oppression. Protestants were seen as a marginalized group and were followed, prosecuted and executed by the Roman Catholic Church.

Apart from that, the hostility someone like you have towards Christianity feels a bit hypocritical talking about homophobia and misogyny, either it’s due to lack of knowledge or a selective bias towards that religion. Cause especially in predominantly Christian countries they are far more secular and liberal and progressive in their Laws in comparison to other countries.

• Uhh… I only mentioned Christianity because Christianity is the religion mentioned in this thread?

And also hostility towards Christians? This literally my first time ever talking about Christians in this forum so not sure how you can turn that into me saying I am hostile towards Christians….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!