the major misconceptions about netizenbuzz and pannchoa among KPOP fans

• Disclaimer: I'm not defending these translation sites; I'm simply upset that so many people have no idea what they're for.

Unofficial translation sites that aren't from kpop website like Allkpop aren't considered news sources. Please keep in mind that Netizenbuzz is operated by a single person, and Pannchoa is run by a group of individuals. Fans of Kpop should be aware that these translation sites are constrained by their time zones and a lack of human resources. Furthermore, these individuals have their own lives to live; they cannot be translating 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Content overview for PC/NB:

PannChoa: publishes popular translations from Nate Pann (an informal discussion website with diverse sections for Kpop fans, personal tales, and so on), TheQoo, and Instiz. Their goal isn't simply to promote Kpop; they also have a lot of information about everyday and personal tales from Korean internet users.

NetizenBuzz: Posts comment and title translations from news items, with Naver and Nate comments cross-posted. For me, read the FAQ.

I've also noticed that stan twitter shits on oh mes on a regular basis. He posted something about him playing Superstar games (he's a fan) and got a lot of "who cares" responses. His main goal isn't to share news about your favourite celebrities; it's his own account, where he posts news pieces on a regular basis.

Validity? These aren't news websites. They're merely doing some translation. They always include a link to the original source in their posts.

Only bad feedback? Netizenbuzz has a reputation for publishing more negative/controversial content. Check out their Frequently Asked Questions. Also, it's human nature for controversies to pique people's interest.

Disseminating false information about Knetizen? Please keep in mind that these statistics only reflect a small portion of South Korea. Keep in mind while writing about Kpop that South Korea does not centre on it.

Trying to sway the reader's ideas and opinions on a certain subject? Although this is debatable, there have been several examples of Netizenbuzz doing so (see - T-ara and Hwayoung).

So, what's the controversial kpop viewpoint I'm expressing?

Many Kpop fans are unaware of the existence of these translation sites. People have asked me, "How valid is PC?" and "Are they an official news site?" many times. Above is a mix of my own thoughts on NB and PC as someone who has been visiting these sites for 4-5 years, as well as some facts regarding these sites to help people understand what they are for.

• I remember writing a couple of articles on the main allkpop site a couple of years ago in an attempt to educate Kpop readers about responsible reporting. I'm not sure just how many actually read them or took it to heart. This was at the height of the Burning Sun scandal, where there was a lot of rubbish news flying around, and "Netizens react" articles were just getting started:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!