Johnny Depp's Lawyers Constantly Objecting During Amber Heard's Testimony

• She is really returning the favor

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think she is watching the trail from another universe. It looks bad for her.

that's what I thought but regardless of the actual outcome of the trail itself

public sentiment which is always more important to celebs is turning in his favour at least

• She is really returning the favor

I still giggle at the video of her own lawyer objecting to his own objection :cryingr:

• Can't believe that Amber still has supporters :facepalm:

What's hard to believe that people would support a domestic abuse victim against a concerted media campaign from her objectively violent, drunken, drug-addicted former abuser? Especially when the media campaign is so successful?

It's frankly incredible to me that the Deppford Wives and the literal hundreds of bots have actually succeeded in dominating the narrative. But it shouldn't be. This is how it so often goes. I saw it myself when I was a chid and what happened between my parents.

Also,

I can't believe she has a baby. I fervently hope she will grow up and become a good mother to that child.

Really?

You're going to question Amber's parenting in THIS context? How fucking dare you.

From the UK trial:

2646_900.jpg

So besides absent and drunk, what sort of father was Johnny Depp before Amber Heard?

The kind that encourages his 13 year old daughter to smoke cannabis.

Again, from the UK trial:

28115_900.jpg

24936_900.jpg

25169_900.jpg

Also one that allows his 15 year old daughter to stay with a 23 year old man, and then LIES ABOUT IT TO CHILD SERVICES.

(deposition from Tracey Jacobs, Depp's former assistant)

24087_900.jpg

24384_900.png

So where the fuck do you get off questioning Amber when this is how he has interacted with his own child? Who, by the way, is currently being harassed on Twitter by an army of Deppford Wives because she won't speak out in support of her father.

External Content twitter.com

Real selective fucking concern about the children of these two people, gotta say.

Anyway.

If it isn't obvious.

It is genuinely upsetting to me the extent to which misinformation, media manipulation and straight up lies can just.. Work. Work so fucking well, that people will cape for an abuser, literally attempt to ruin the career and reputation of the abused, and THEN have the audacity to complain about the cancel culture which they - THEY - are primarily engaging in.

Understand this: Depp's pathological inability to let this issue go is an extension of his abuse. We know this because he once texted his manager the following:

“She’s begging for total global humiliation. She’s gonna get it. … I have no mercy, no fear and not an ounce of emotion or what I once thought was love for this gold digging, low level, dime a dozen, mushy, pointless dangling overused flappy fish market … I can only hope that karma kicks in and takes the gift of breath from her … Sorry man … But NOW I will stop at nothing!!! …“

What a normal, totally non-misogynistic way of talking about someone.

But yeah, what would you expect from someone who texts,

"Let’s drown her before we burn her!!! ... I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead.”

Definitely someone you'd think would make a real good parent huh.

• It is genuinely upsetting to me the extent to which misinformation, media manipulation and straight up lies can just.. Work. Work so fucking well, that people will cape for an abuser, literally attempt to ruin the career and reputation of the abused, and THEN have the audacity to complain about the cancel culture which they - THEY - are primarily engaging in.

I did not see the UK trial, but I can see what's on display at the American trial. Since it is televised, I have watched most of it in full and listened to all the evidence including Amber Heard's cross today in. She didn't handle it well and she definitely doesn't come across as the victim. Have you watched any of it?

As for how Depp is as a father - my comment was about Heard, not Depp. I don't believe he will any part in parenting her daughter, so I'm not sure why who is a better or worse parent has any bearing upon this. I don't know that he is the biological father either, so I don't think he has any rights to the child.

• The amount of cognitive dissonance and fundamental attribution error is strong in this post.

• I did not see the UK trial, but I can see what's on display at the American trial. Since it is televised, I have watched most of it in full and listened to all the evidence including Amber Heard's cross today in. She didn't handle it well and she definitely doesn't come across as the victim. Have you watched any of it?

No.

Also the UK trial was not broadcast, our trials never are.

Here's the thing, though.

Making it about how people come across its DANGEROUS. Depp is charismatic and charming. He is detached and cool. Amber is none of those things.

But that doesn't mean that she is lying and he is telling the truth.

What does it mean to "come across as the victim"?

Like, do you understand the problem with that statement?

We have text messages, audio recordings and sworn testimony regarding the behaviour of Depp. We know he is an alcoholic. We know he can't control himself when he is drunk, he admits it himself. We know his drink problem interferes with his ability to work and his decision making. We know that he lost the UK trial which found that Amber Heard was subject to repeated physical and psychological abuse and that she was made to fear for her life.

Excluded from this trial are texts between him and a friend about the time he kicked Amber during a flight. But there's a lot more than that that's already in.

It's obvious what sort of man he is. In his own admission, in his own texts, he talks about his violent tenancies and homicidal fantasies. His low regard for women is self evident.

But the dominant conversation is what sort of woman Amber is. Why?

Why should it matter how she comes across. That's not the point. A huge problem with the jury system is that people can lose sight of the point. It should never be about likeability.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!