Do you think Sakura will regret signing another long contract?

• Perfectly said. Some people are just born to be idols, they welcome the hardships and will do whatever they need to to achieve success.

The one thing i will never understand is how introverts like her and Mina do it. Being in front of a camera 24/7, having to do fansigns, Vlives, and all that fanservice, on top of being around people every hour of the day whether it's at dance practice, English lessons, Music Bank, whatever.

No job ever comes with only things we like to do, not even Elon Musk', there are always parts to a job, which are a price to be paid, so that we do other parts which are our true inclinations.

Introverts also come in a range, they may dislike certain types of interactions, but enjoy others.

Besides - as with other professions from company to company, from team to team - the dynamic is different. So Sakura in one sense, has had drastic changes in each of her teams.

As to her contract, it is all speculation, she might have more freedom than speculated. Dating - it is not as though other idols want to risk openly dating, given the romantic escapism they sell, only a handful of idols can actually date and still have a successful career.

• She has a 'contract within a contract'. Whatever she does in Japan is her own. So probably not since she will only be tied to Korea once in a while.

• She has a 'contract within a contract'. Whatever she does in Japan is her own. So probably not since she will only be tied to Korea once in a while.

Just that.. no allusions to another idol who is only 5 years older than Sakura (by human terms) and is apparently unbound by any contract?

• I think she truly enjoys being an idol and a celebrity. If this life is something that fits her, I'll fully support her career for as long as she decides to be active.

Her whole career has been nothing but ambition and striving to reach the top, to become a superstar. 11 years already and still going strong.

Like i said before, she wasnt my bias at all in Izone, but you can't help but respect her.

• Well, when she at her end of her contract at the aged of 31, she already have enough power brand to pull a career as an actress in her own country. At the same time her popularity outside japan will remain strong, which is very rare for any japan actress/actor to have big popularity outside of their own country.

• Just to be clear to all, I don’t personally think that it’s the end of the world that she’s going to be 31 and an idol. She could be 71 and an idol and I’m all for it.

I just want her to be able to have a personal life because she’s signo no contracts that restrict her personal life greatly and for long stints of her young life.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Absolutely not...

She definitely got a lucrative Sign On deal and is arguably a better paying job with less competition than the AKB System.

We have to also consider that HYBE can definitely train her better for a long term career as a Performer than what the AKB System could ever offer her.

The reality is that in the next 7 years, Sakura could have been fighting for her position as an AKB48 member against hundreds of other Girls where there are always different members. But as a member of Le Sserafim that type competition will be removed for the next 7 years.

So it's like HYBE saying...

Look Sakura.... we will give you a bunch of money to sign up, you will get money for everything the group earns and we'll train you in the skills needed for a long term in the Industry...

• Just to be clear to all, I don’t personally think that it’s the end of the world that she’s going to be 31 and an idol. She could be 71 and an idol and I’m all for it.

I just want her to be able to have a personal life because she’s signo no contracts that restrict her personal life greatly and for long stints of her young life.

I still don't know why you're assuming she has a 7 year contract... and this is 100% based off your own assumption ignoring the fact that she signed another contract with a Japanese agency for representation right after which should make you question whether her contract is really as "restricting" as you are imagining it to be. I don't see you doing that though.

• This is the 2nd major contract signing she’s had, I know that AKB is kind of a “leave whenever you want” kind of thing, but she did it for seven yesterday, then she did IZONE AFTER a huge competition like literally immediately while learning a language lmao, and then this bitch on her 10th straight year of idol life signs another MUCH stricter contract, hands down her strictest contract to date. AKB is graduation based, so it was up to her and she debuted at 14 so she was very young and had time to get used to it or whatever, but she finished at 21 and due to the strict dating rules of AKB she’s never really had a life of her own at this point….

Sis will have like 17 years in the industry by the end of her first HYBE contract and she’ll be 31 if it’s the normal 6-7 year contract. I’m just like…. That’s crazy.

She’s like opposite BoA

how is she opposite BoA?

She debuted younger than BoA.

Sakura debuted when she was 10.

• we can already see it to be honest.

Her Korean improved a lot in the time she was taking lessons.

She went from the girl who had to write down phonetics to the one that is translating between a Korean and Japanese kid. (I'm sure you\ve all seen the video).

And that is just one aspect.

From the amount of talk they are getting, I expect this group to do extremely well.

• Her Korean improved a lot in the time she was taking lessons.

Hitomi and Nako aren't any different though and there are probably other AKB GG members that were doing the same thing on Produce 48

I'm not questioning her effort but a fact that HYBE would have paid money for her Image in Japan.

Hell I bet they would offer more if Tzuyu left TWICE because she is 23 and TWICE's contracts come up for renewal

Edited once, last by jimeous ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!