People discussing about contract renewals so I just wanna get this off my chest about Day6

• JYPE doesn't have the best track record for contract renewals so yes I'm worried about Day6's future, in particular whether or not Jae will continue with JYP when contract renewals come.

Thing is JYP/StudioJ if I'm being honest have been doing a pretty good job for this year or so. There's a lot of activities for Even Of Day for the KangWonDo sub-unit. EOD has what 2 albums in less than a year, 2 online concerts (one last year and one upcoming one), collaborations with brands. Young K with his radio DJ on Dekira, Wonpil with his musical. They've been doing good for EOD and it feels like at least for now they are pushing EOD to be the main face of Day6 for now at least until Sungjin comes back from military.

But then Jae's been pretty quiet. He's actually going to have a concert with 88 rising but the company isn't promoting it, which to some extent I understand because it's a project by Jae himself and isn't related to JYPE. He stopped streaming because of backlash (some drama happened but this is for another thread), and this was hard because this was his main avenue for connecting to his fans. In the past he has also expressed unhappiness with the company (not with JYP himself)

There are also instances where Jae had cryptic and vague messages on vlives like 'this is the beginning of a new arc' or 'I'll be together with Day6 for as long as I can' sort of messages. He also isn't following Day6 on twitter but he follows the members. Of course the reason he's been quiet could also be because he is still recovering from his mental anxiety.

To be really honest, what they are doing now is kinda what I predicted or actually DID want them to do. I previously mentioned in another thread (forgot what thread) that Sungjin enlist and EOD was made to keep Day6 going and EOD should continue promotions until they enlist which I feel they should enlist together. And in the meantime because Jae isn't part of EOD he could explore his own solo music. So yes it might se weird that I'm saying all those stuff I've said above even though this is what I wanted.

The thing I hate is the uncertainty and maybe how the company or the Korean public is treating Jae. Firstly I don't know if the company is treating Jae bad but they aren't obviously really supportive of his solo stuff. In fact I think they should help Jae in this aspect to some extent because this could actually help them in the western market in future since Jae's music is more west focused.

At this point I'm not 100% sure how contract renewals will go. Tbh if you ask me I feel a 2pm ish sort of situation would work well, like how Taecyeon isn't with JYP but is still in 2pm and even had a comeback recently. The same could go for Day6 if Jae choose not to continue with JYPE but still stay with Day6. Or they could do a GOT7 and leave JYPE together but hopefully continue to promote as a band. Difference with GOT7 (correct me if I'm wrong) is that members have a lot of aspirations to do their own solo stuff but they still are together in GOT7. For Day6 I don't know because for bands it kinda is a bit hard.

I do want Jae to explore his solo activities because eventually he will be alone when all the members enlist. He has also been wanting to break out of the idol image and has mentioned various times about being real about yourself sort of thing. It's just the uncertainty that is weighing on my mind about the group as a whole.

There has been a lot of reassurances that they will stay together though. Like Sungjin mentioned in his last vlive before enlistment he will try his best for Day6 to be together and also despite the cryptic messages by Jae he did say he want to be Day6 for life.

Or maybe HYBE can adopt StudioJ and Day6 over tyvm

Anyways it's just a rant

:-):-)

• Then can we at least have another Congratulations banger before everything becomes a mess? :pepe-sad:

I mean I don't know how it will turn out it's just some uncertainty that I've been thinking for quite some time. In fact what is happening now is what I kinda want for Day6? EOD promoting and Jae doing solo stuff, it's just that his solo stuff probably isn't in line with what the company wants for the group. And we all know how JYPE is very 'group focused'

• I actually feel so bad for Jae, I feel like he's dissatisfied and constantly feeling down because JYP doesn't support him that well at all. I hope and am sure that he and the other Day6 members didn't have a falling out over this and will stay close through whatever happens with contracts. JYP doesn't even deserve Day6 or the group, they're so talented and hardworking only for it to go to waste. But at least many people both in Korea and internationally know about them and appreciate their music/hard work. :-(:borahae:

• I actually feel so bad for Jae, I feel like he's dissatisfied and constantly feeling down because JYP doesn't support him that well at all. I hope and am sure that he and the other Day6 members didn't have a falling out over this and will stay close through whatever happens with contracts. JYP doesn't even deserve Day6 or the group, they're so talented and hardworking only for it to go to waste. But at least many people both in Korea and internationally know about them and appreciate their music/hard work. :-(:borahae:

I don't think the members are on bad terms before Sungjin enlisted him and Wonpil even went on vlive with Jae and invade his place. He also follows the members on social media.

The main issue I feel is probably the lack of support for his solo? Granted maybe he doesn't necessarily want that much support since it's a side thing and Day6 is his main (he did say repeatedly in an interview that Day6 will always be his first priority and eaj is a side project)

But just hope that JYPE isn't doing things to purposely make things hard for him

• I don't think the members are on bad terms before Sungjin enlisted him and Wonpil even went on vlive with Jae and invade his place. He also follows the members on social media.

The main issue I feel is probably the lack of support for his solo? Granted maybe he doesn't necessarily want that much support since it's a side thing and Day6 is his main (he did say repeatedly in an interview that Day6 will always be his first priority and eaj is a side project)

But just hope that JYPE isn't doing things to purposely make things hard for him

Same, I'm hoping everything was his choice but who knows :c And I'm glad the members are still close, if he ends up not wanting to renew his contract I hope he goes somewhere better while remaining with Day6

• I mean jyp does not even do anything when Jae gets backlash.. both international fand and Kfans are constantly cancelling him for no good reasons...

Jae is the most real idol in the industry and fans try to always say how they want their idols to be real but cant handle it when an idol actually gets real with them..

I swear I feel so bad for Jae having to put up with all of this even though its clearly visible he does not want to..

But he has said many times he loves his members and Day6 is his main priority so I will choose to believe in him..

He may leave the company but I dont think he will leave day6..

Day6 as a whole wont be promoting soon anyways, atleast 3 to 4 years cause of enlistment

• I do think that this is actually the best time for Jae to explore his solo stuff. In fact this is what I want, for him to do his solo stuff and EOD do their trio promo and ideally I think EOD enlisting together would be better.

And in the meantime Jae can focus on his solo projects. I just hope that the company isn't doing anything to make things harder for him. At least if they aren't fully supportive of it because it's not a Day6 thing, I hope they would at least not do anything to make things hard.

And yes the thing you mentioned about defending him that is one thing I hope JYPE can do better

• I do think that this is actually the best time for Jae to explore his solo stuff. In fact this is what I want, for him to do his solo stuff and EOD do their trio promo and ideally I think EOD enlisting together would be better.

And in the meantime Jae can focus on his solo projects. I just hope that the company isn't doing anything to make things harder for him. At least if they aren't fully supportive of it because it's not a Day6 thing, I hope they would at least not do anything to make things hard.

And yes the thing you mentioned about defending him that is one thing I hope JYPE can do better

yup true, I hope he can get back to streaming sometimes, he really seemed to enjoy it and fans also want it back as well....

• yup true, I hope he can get back to streaming sometimes, he really seemed to enjoy it and fans also want it back as well....

He actually got it back on but for a different reason

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For sure Day6 will disband, especially if they put the same conditions as GOT7 had for renewal - all or none. In 2PM's case, I think the only reason for letting Taecyeon leave was because 2PM brings them a lot of money and Taecyeon is one of the popular members. Most probably they even negotiated their contracts a lot and gives them more freedom.

Jae is extremely unhappy under JYP and most probably they aren't in good relationships. I remember he wrote about the injustice that he is facing, and after he deleted that and said that it was just a sad moment and that he is actually happy, which I totally doubt and honestly, most probably he was pushed by the company to say that.

I feel like he is facing the same experience as Amber, both were let to have small to minimal activities (YT or steaming), even tho they had a lot of potentials. For sure the company has the fear that one day he will talk about the injustice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!