Do you think Sakura will regret signing another long contract?

• This is the 2nd major contract signing she’s had, I know that AKB is kind of a “leave whenever you want” kind of thing, but she did it for seven yesterday, then she did IZONE AFTER a huge competition like literally immediately while learning a language lmao, and then this bitch on her 10th straight year of idol life signs another MUCH stricter contract, hands down her strictest contract to date. AKB is graduation based, so it was up to her and she debuted at 14 so she was very young and had time to get used to it or whatever, but she finished at 21 and due to the strict dating rules of AKB she’s never really had a life of her own at this point….

Sis will have like 17 years in the industry by the end of her first HYBE contract and she’ll be 31 if it’s the normal 6-7 year contract. I’m just like…. That’s crazy.

She’s like opposite BoA

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I think being from Japan makes her somewhat impervious to the contract. Imagine if she just broke the contract and left after 3 years for whatever reason and returned to Japan. What would Hybe do? What could they do? Could they force the Japanese government to extradite her? Could they file a motion in Japanese court to ban Sakura from being an idol there? :pepe-shrug:

• Honestly, since she's been doing it since she was very young and decided to still fervently pursue it, it's very possible that it's just a kind of job where she's passionate about it and can't imagine doing anything else. Sometimes when you grow up in the spotlight, it might be hard to leave it. Leading an average life might not feel as fulfilling and you'll always be looking back to the moments on the stage where you had thousands of people cheering you on.

For example, think about the people who peaked in High School then went on to live boring, unfulfilling lives and can never stop talking about their "glory days". Meanwhile, she's still young and at her peak, why throw that all away?

Also, being a Kpop idol isn't like a jpop idol in Japan. As a Kpop idol you become a full-blown international celebrity that can branch off into lots of high-profile careers that she could choose from. Literally, look at Blackpink branching off into worldwide fashion and modeling.

• This is the 2nd major contract signing she’s had, I know that AKB is kind of a “leave whenever you want” kind of thing, but she did it for seven yesterday, then she did IZONE AFTER a huge competition like literally immediately while learning a language lmao, and then this bitch on her 10th straight year of idol life signs another MUCH stricter contract, hands down her strictest contract to date. AKB is graduation based, so it was up to her and she debuted at 14 so she was very young and had time to get used to it or whatever, but she finished at 21 and due to the strict dating rules of AKB she’s never really had a life of her own at this point….

Sis will have like 17 years in the industry by the end of her first HYBE contract and she’ll be 31 if it’s the normal 6-7 year contract. I’m just like…. That’s crazy.

She’s like opposite BoA

How do you know what's in her contract? Idols usually aren't allowed to sign contracts that allow them to be repped by a company other than who they are signed to in Korea, yet she signed a contract with a Japanese talent agency after signing with Hybe. I get the feeling it's not your standard idol contract.

• Honestly, since she's been doing it since she was very young and decided to still fervently pursue it, it's very possible that it's just a kind of job where she's passionate about it and can't imagine doing anything else. Sometimes when you grow up in the spotlight, it might be hard to leave it. Leading an average life might not feel as fulfilling and you'll always be looking back to the moments on the stage where you had thousands of people cheering you on.

For example, think about the people who peaked in High School then went on to live boring, unfulfilling lives and can never stop talking about their "glory days". Meanwhile, she's still young and at her peak, why throw that all away?

Also, being a Kpop idol isn't like a jpop in Japan. As a Kpop idol you become a full-blown celebrity that can branch off into lots of high-profile careers that she could choose from. Literally look at Blackpink branching off into worldwide fashion and modeling.

Perfectly said. Some people are just born to be idols, they welcome the hardships and will do whatever they need to to achieve success.

The one thing i will never understand is how introverts like her and Mina do it. Being in front of a camera 24/7, having to do fansigns, Vlives, and all that fanservice, on top of being around people every hour of the day whether it's at dance practice, English lessons, Music Bank, whatever.

• nah because now she will finally get the money she should get earlier on

probably that's her best contract yet, and probably also a last one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well I really don't think she signed the same contract that a normal trainee would. Trainees have no power in negotiations and no experience in the music industry, so they probably don't get a say in what the contract looks like, which is why their contracts are usually long and very strict but Sakura is different. She's a pretty big star in japan and is well known in korea after IZONE. Hybe is a really big company but I'm pretty sure if she didn't agree with the terms, she could just go elsewhere, something a normal trainee couldn't do so easily. Its also likely her contract is shorter too.

• kpop is global now and hybe is one of the biggest companies out there and she is only 24, so yes why not use the opportunity to her advantage. Japan might be a bigger music market domestically but jpop acts will never have the global exposure like popular kpop acts do.

• shes 24 and have been on the industry long enough before any idol have..

shes matured enough to make the decision people dont need to worry about her lol

its her dream to be a global star and shes chasing it

proud of her

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!