RE: Why are armys so sensitive to any criticism?

• yall have been straight ridiculous all day. anyways i need these akorns, if an army is unsatisfied with the way bts are going then simply.....unstan. we do not want you here if all you do is be negative. cause if all you do is complain everytime they come out with something then.....

be came out and you had ppl complain then, ptd, armys complained. it's a repeated cycle.

yall want the narrative of the boys being controlled and having no power to be true so bad, it's concerning.

link: Why are armys so sensitive to any criticism?

hope on the street

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

• all fandoms have that delulu group that can't take criticism and its sad :pepe-shrug:

• Just post it here anyway. At least you get akorns, lol

oh well.

also i hope this makes sense? i fear i may have worded it weirdly but i feel like i got my point across:

"now, i discussed earlier on main forum why i believed hybe was doing this. and i won't go into that here because that's not the point of this thread.

people claim all armys are sensitive to criticism, this isn't true. really, it's a simple concept, really:

1. some are sensitive to criticism

2. most, if not all of them will be sensitive to criticism if the criticism is not criticism and is actually hate. there is a difference.

i don't really like their english singles. they're good to listen to sometimes, but they're not my favorite. i've been receptive to criticism about them in the past because criticism is backed by an opinion not based in emotion, it leans to the more logical side. criticism is NOT "desperate cash grab"....there's nothing there to really back that up (and it comes off as something an anti would say). sure, some people may feel that way, and it may even be correct. but you can't act surprised when it gets people upset when instead it could've been: "i feel as if hybe is leading bts down the wrong path, and doesn't have their best interests in mind at the moment. it seems a little ingenuine of the company and the boys' interests and seems like it's only being released for monetary purposes".

it's essentially saying the same thing, but in a different and more concise form. a form that makes it much more clear that you're not roping hybe and bts together (which many antis do).

and maybe some army's will get triggered at that statement too, and that's their own issue being sensitive. but yeah.

that's all."

should clarify what i meant by "and maybe some army's will get triggered at that statement too, and that's their own issue being sensitive. but yeah."

what i'm saying is that people may disagree peacefully with it, but the people who flip out and go absolutely nuts (ie: "kys", "i hope you die", etc.)? it's their issue. this can be said about literally anything. i used that statement as an example. i don't believe it's a cash grab at all and already explained why i thought this album only had three new tracks lol. antis stay mad.

• but OP one cannot only "keep" the positive aspects of a group without discussing the negatives or even having negative positions...

this obviously applies to all things and not just BTS or even kpop...

in many things there are good and bad - positive and negative

like felina said about there's things that are legitimate criticism and things which aren't

personally I think it's alright to come out and state I do not like the direction where this group is going I prefer them going this way or that way...

the issue might be the specific language a person chooses to use

• Really? You haven't seen the thread on the main forum asking other armys to block anyone who dares to say anything negative about the situation? I've got nothing against people who are excited for the new songs and want to hype this album, but blocking users or accusing them of ruining the moment just because they are rightfully upset about only getting 3 new songs after a period of unusually little activity (especially when it may be the case that this is the last BTS music we will get for two years) is ridiculous. There may be nothing you can change, but people should be able to have a constructive conversation about this without the risk of getting blocked by half the forum lol

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Blocking if it will improve your forum experience should be an automatic reaction, rather than getting angry and letting it ruin your mood. This way you can go on saying what you want without them getting angry at you. I fail to see how it would be a bad thing and as staff that sometimes has to deal with situations where this doesn't happen, I applaud this.

• imho criticism I mean legit one keeps a fandom united? lol

• if the focus is right then I guess it can...

well in a way yes, I do have this feelings lmao

for example lets say on HP movies I remember at the time the fandom had an agree overall that the sixth movie was the most lost compared to the books but after that they catch up normally?

idk if thats a good example but sometimes when we are expressing criticism without bashing it looks like we are expanding the "fandom experience" if I could say

because well sometimes we gonna get sad over something about our favs be it music wise etc and its okay to talk about it

ah btw army idk how this applies to you guys so dont take it personally lmao

I am more like in a general talking?

• yes but each person's definition of bashing is different...

what might be shade or bashing or outright hatred is different to different people

I personally have (i guess) a higher tolerance to it because most of the time it doesn't really bother me so I would probably discount it but if one sees or reads negative things constantly then their tolerance to such criticism might be lower and perceive more things as bashing

• yes but each person's definition of bashing is different...

what might be shade or bashing or outright hatred is different to different people

I personally have (i guess) a higher tolerance to it because most of the time it doesn't really bother me so I would probably discount it but if one sees or reads negative things constantly then their tolerance to such criticism might be lower and perceive more things as bashing

totally 100%

I used to be like that because my favs were getting like super criticized so we get on defensive mode?

if that makes sense? :pepe-shrug:

I guess I got more tolerant to some comments (of course when its just pure bashing or hatred I do get annoyed) because I am an old fart

• totally 100%

I used to be like that because my favs were getting like super criticized so we get on defensive mode?

if that makes sense? :pepe-shrug:

I guess I got more tolerant to some comments (of course when its just pure bashing or hatred I do get annoyed) because I am an old fart

I dunno I think honestly maybe it's probably just me (being not such a good fan lol) that even extreme hatred probably won't phase me...

I'm always saying who the hell has the time to "hate" or bash another group...

time is precious don't you wanna push your favs forwards rather than pull down others???

but then again I think about how the real world works and realise it's often easier to drag down others to pull oneself up

• its true its easier to drag others than pull yourself up, this is so annoying when we try to talk lol

but about the things don't phasing you I do believe it is the right thing to feel? Because spending time fighting over fandom stuff is not a good time spend lol and I am saying this as someone who will get annoyed depending on the lvl of nonsense and bs are being said against my favs I still do recognize that getting annoyed is a lost time and energy

• i think people aren't used to a fandom where people actually have different opinions and don't just have hive mind so its taken as "hybe stans defending the company" or " armys being defensive". people can have a different opinion without either of those things being true.

who's your favorite artist?

• You're like a big boulder what will it take to move you :pepe-firing:

• its true its easier to drag others than pull yourself up, this is so annoying when we try to talk lol

but about the things don't phasing you I do believe it is the right thing to feel? Because spending time fighting over fandom stuff is not a good time spend lol and I am saying this as someone who will get annoyed depending on the lvl of nonsense and bs are being said against my favs I still do recognize that getting annoyed is a lost time and energy

I guess for me at my age or my life kpop is suppose to be fun like most hobbies and not to be taken so seriously (but if other's want to take it seriously go ahead)

You're like a big boulder what will it take to move you :pepe-firing:

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world ;-)

• I guess for me at my age or my life kpop is suppose to be fun like most hobbies and not to be taken so seriously (but if other's want to take it seriously go ahead)

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world ;-)

I feel like I should feel this way about my hobbies lol

• I feel like I should feel this way about my hobbies lol

well I've said my biggest hobby is basketball so even when playing it we do take it seriously and get into each other's faces and what not but once the game is over - have a drink/chat - we're still friends

• well I've said my biggest hobby is basketball so even when playing it we do take it seriously and get into each other's faces and what not but once the game is over - have a drink/chat - we're still friends

oh yeah I call it a healthy hobbie lmaooo

basketball is so difficult I am so bad at sports that requires ... HEIGHT

I am so shooort ç_Ç

• Not the OP loser being pressed that I asked armys to curate their forum to have enjoyable time. Lmaoo imagine complaining about people not wanting to be around your complaining. I have seen it all

indirect threads of all kinds shouldn't be allowed imo. idk why that loser felt the need to make that whole ass thread when you were completely right

• oh yeah I call it a healthy hobbie lmaooo

basketball is so difficult I am so bad at sports that requires ... HEIGHT

I am so shooort ç_Ç

well I'm only 168 which is below average for a dude but like i said I have fun playing it - doesn't mean I'm very good but still I enjoy it and that's all that matters

• I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Blocking if it will improve your forum experience should be an automatic reaction, rather than getting angry and letting it ruin your mood. This way you can go on saying what you want without them getting angry at you. I fail to see how it would be a bad thing and as staff that sometimes has to deal with situations where this doesn't happen, I applaud this.

I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time seeing how this would improve the use of the forum? This person suggests blocking anyone who makes the slightest negative comment, the slightest criticism of HYBE/BTS. She wants the people they blocked to do the same to them. Well, for example, we mutually blocked each other, you will not be able to see the threads I opened or the messages I sent, and I will not see yours. There will be no interactions, even if these are positive posts/threads. So how is this going to make the forum better? As far as I know, forum moderators try to increase interaction between users, not decrease them. Maybe I am wrong.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time seeing how this would improve the use of the forum? This person suggests blocking anyone who makes the slightest negative comment, the slightest criticism of HYBE/BTS. She wants the people they blocked to do the same to them. Well, for example, we mutually blocked each other, you will not be able to see the threads I opened or the messages I sent, and I will not see yours. There will be no interactions, even if these are positive posts/threads. So how is this going to make the forum better? As far as I know, forum moderators try to increase interaction between users, not decrease them. Maybe I am wrong.

Actually, we request that users mutually block each other as a first step when they are constantly overstepping the boundaries when arguing with each other. The point is to make YOUR experience better, so you don't have to see something that will rile you up and, besides anger, potentially lead to WP or even you leaving the forum because you can't deal with that person hounding you all the time. Blocking will save you from that.

• Actually, we request that users mutually block each other as a first step when they are constantly overstepping the boundaries when arguing with each other. The point is to make YOUR experience better, so you don't have to see something that will rile you up and, besides anger, potentially lead to WP or even you leaving the forum because you can't deal with that person hounding you all the time. Blocking will save you from that.

But this recommendation is not for bilateral discussions as you say. This person suggests blocking any negative comments or criticism they see without arguing with them. She suggests that those people do the same. This is very different from what you said. As y'all already worried about, this will only reduce the forum activity even further. Forums exist for all positive and negative thoughts to come together and exchange ideas. I really don't understand how you could think that this suggestion fits the forum culture?

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• But this recommendation is not for bilateral discussions as you say. This person suggests blocking any negative comments or criticism they see without arguing with them. She suggests that those people do the same. This is very different from what you said. As y'all already worried about, this will only reduce the forum activity even further. Forums exist for all positive and negative thoughts to come together and exchange ideas. I really don't understand how you could think that this suggestion fits the forum culture?

This is up to the individual. If they would rather take part in the discussion, by all means, no one is stopping them from doing so. As I said above, we do not request this unless they are constantly overstepping the boundaries - boundaries meaning the rules, such as flinging personal insults at each other. It is up to them to choose to block.

Blocking exists as a feature on almost all forums because it does improve the experience for some, enough that developers took notice and included it standard in forum offerings.

• But this recommendation is not for bilateral discussions as you say. This person suggests blocking any negative comments or criticism they see without arguing with them. She suggests that those people do the same. This is very different from what you said. As y'all already worried about, this will only reduce the forum activity even further. Forums exist for all positive and negative thoughts to come together and exchange ideas. I really don't understand how you could think that this suggestion fits the forum culture?

I am not sure I quite understand.. you want people to care more for forum activity and not their own experience? I have already used the block feature in akp as well as twitter for my positive experience multiple times... to hell with the site egagements.

If people don't want to argue then that's completely fine and should even be encouraged, especially when both parties hold opposite views and will not budge.

I am so sorry I am not particularly disturbed over BTS only releasing three new songs, and I don't want to read how I am a company stan for that. And as I would rather read and interact with hyped threads and comments only, I will use the block feature if needed... you can use it too.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• I'm never going to block anyone over a negative opinion. It doesn't make opinions I disagree with go away afterall. I'd just not see them anymore which, in a way, would distort my perception of reality. It'd also make any negative responses I do end up coming across seem out of place and uncalled for since nobody else (this "nobody else" being the people I haven't blocked yet) thinks that way.

• This is up to the individual. If they would rather take part in the discussion, by all means, no one is stopping them from doing so. As I said above, we do not request this unless they are constantly overstepping the boundaries - boundaries meaning the rules, such as flinging personal insults at each other. It is up to them to choose to block.

Blocking exists as a feature on almost all forums because it does improve the experience for some, enough that developers took notice and included it standard in forum offerings.

As an staff of this forum, I think you should be more careful about what you're going to applaud. This suggestion is just something that will further reduce forum activity. Just a few weeks ago, y'all were trying to learn the reasons from people why the activity decreased. Blocking or even mutually blocking those who make the slightest criticism so that there is no communication can be one of them. Because maybe because of a single comment, all positive interactions that can be made later will be blocked too. I can't imagine blocking someone just because they wrote ' I'm disappointed' and I don't understand those who encourage it. Sorry.

• I'm never going to block anyone over a negative opinion. It doesn't make opinions I disagree with go away afterall. I'd just not see them anymore which, in a way, would distort my perception of reality. It'd also make any negative responses I do end up coming across seem out of place and uncalled for since nobody else (this "nobody else" being the people I haven't blocked yet) thinks that way.

There are many who choose to never block for reasons such as yours. I myself have never blocked anyone here either cause I like to see the full discussion like you.

It's definitely commendable that you've learned to handle these situations in a healthy way seeing as you have no WP and are still an active poster. Not everyone in every situation will be able handle things like you though - and in those situations, we have another option to help them handle it wisely.

• I am not sure I quite understand.. you want people to care more for forum activity and not their own experience? I have already used the block feature in akp as well as twitter for my positive experience multiple times... to hell with the site egagements.

If people don't want to argue then that's completely fine and should even be encouraged, especially when both parties hold opposite views and will not budge.

I am so sorry I am not particularly disturbed over BTS only releasing three new songs, and I don't want to read how I am a company stan for that. And as I would rather read and interact with hyped threads and comments only, I will use the block feature if needed... you can use it too.

Arguing is one thing, but suggesting to block people who just write 'I'm disappointed ' is quite another. Sorry. We've both argued with each other before. I think we had an debate just last week. We both shared our thoughts with each other and no one got hurt. Nobody blocked each other. A grown and mature person does this in a place called a forum.

• As an staff of this forum, I think you should be more careful about what you're going to applaud. This suggestion is just something that will further reduce forum activity. Just a few weeks ago, y'all were trying to learn the reasons from people why the activity decreased. Blocking or even mutually blocking those who make the slightest criticism so that there is no communication can be one of them. Because maybe because of a single comment, all positive interactions that can be made later will be blocked too. I can't imagine blocking someone just because they wrote ' I'm disappointed' and I don't understand those who encourage it. Sorry.

First, I did not make the post about forum activity, but I did listen to suggestions. One was to ban all the trolls. Well there are lots of users that get called trolls. We'd ban half the forum in that case. That's like a Thanos block.

Second, my boss can take forum inactivity up with me if he feels current staff are the cause of it, thanks. I invite you to share your views with him if you are so concerned, I'll even start the DM for you, just let me know. I am not of the same mind, however.

• As an staff of this forum, I think you should be more careful about what you're going to applaud. This suggestion is just something that will further reduce forum activity. Just a few weeks ago, y'all were trying to learn the reasons from people why the activity decreased. Blocking or even mutually blocking those who make the slightest criticism so that there is no communication can be one of them. Because maybe because of a single comment, all positive interactions that can be made later will be blocked too. I can't imagine blocking someone just because they wrote ' I'm disappointed' and I don't understand those who encourage it. Sorry.

you do know that people can unblock. right?

hope on the street

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

• First, I did not make the post about forum activity, but I did listen to suggestions. One was to ban all the trolls. Well there are lots of users that get called trolls. We'd ban half the forum in that case. That's like a Thanos block.

Second, my boss can take forum inactivity up with me if he feels current staff are the cause of it, thanks. I invite you to share your views with him if you are so concerned, I'll even start the DM for you, just let me know. I am not of the same mind, however.

I think I've explained myself enough here. Like everyone else, I'm sure they can see these comments. Of course, I do not expect you to follow all the recommendations lol But sometimes before applauding an suggestion, it is necessary to take a broader view of the picture. Thanks for listening.^^

• i do not see how someone saying block ppl who are being negative is causing such an uproar. it's like yall wanna see fights and arguments.

AKP thrives on drama - I'm sure some believe that staff trying to nip it in the bud is the cause of all "forum inactivity". They're not entirely wrong, but they aren't entirely right either. We could let this place become more of a circus than it already is, but there's a balance that needs to be achieved for all our different users and sensitivities.

It's about co-existing - and that's why block is so important. :pepe-toast:

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!