Why are armys so sensitive to any criticism?

• Since Dynamite, BTS as a group has released:

-BE, a mini album with 7 new songs, one of them being a skit

-Butter

-Permission to Dance (their worst song to date)

-My Universe, a western collab with no music video

-Apparently just 3 new songs on their upcoming album

Compared to their activity before 2020, this is just sad, especially when amys have invested so much time and money into streaming and buying everything BTS has put out these last few years. It's not anti behavior to point out that this looks like a desperate cash grab and a bit of a slap in the face to the fans devotion, so why are some armys getting so pressed at any negativity, even when it's coming from within their own fandom? Especially when the criticism is directed at HYBE, not even BTS

Is it because most armys are secret company stans? Or is it because most armys cannot admit that BTS are as much puppets under HYBE's control as any other KPOP group in a big company and accepting criticism means either acknowledging that BTS do not have quite the same autonomy as their fans think they do OR accepting that BTS are as willing to exploit fans as HYBE's executives? For the record, it's obviously the former - this is HYBE being money hungry and BTS not really having a say lol...

Approved the thread.
  • I've been army since a really long time and trust me when I say this, most of the active armys (on sns) are new fans. And they worship hybe. They believe they cannot do any wrong I've, multiple times, seen them throwing some member under the bus to protect the company. They don't realize that even Taylor swift was played dirty by her company, companies don't give a f about act.

Now armys are treating this cash grab as some deep prestigous work, making theories left and right, not questioning hybe.

• MU has a music video but whatever

most armys have bought BigHit's marketing as a different, better kpop company than the Big 3.

additionally BTS at least publicly approve of what Hybe does. so armys can't criticize the company without feeling like they're criticizing BTS themselves.

• ok all knowing one so what should us so called "hybe stans" do then, as opposed to looking at the damn positives huh? Egg HYBE building? buy trucks asking for more songs? unstan bts ? I'm tired of these stupid "allow me to be negative and criticise everything" takes. In truth, there isn't anybody stopping you from complaining. These type of threads are just allowing users to be vindictive towards others. Especially towards those that choose NOT to complain. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU FROM SAYING "I HATE HYBE" AND GOING ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.

Look it is so easy :

I HATE HYBE ! STUPID MONEY GRABBING COMPANY! I HATE THEM!

See????

You people need to understand that not everyone is the same! I'm going to accept the 3 songs and be optimistic about it because I literally cannot change anything! and if doing that as opposed to falling into negativity makes me a damn HYBE stan then so be it!

• I've been army since a really long time and trust me when I say this, most of the active armys (on sns) are new fans. And they worship hybe. They believe they cannot do any wrong I've, multiple times, seen them throwing some member under the bus to protect the company. They don't realize that even Taylor swift was played dirty by her company, companies don't give a f about act.

Now armys are treating this cash grab as some deep prestigous work, making theories left and right, not questioning hybe.

me, the number one swiftie on this forum, reading this: :yesr:

real talk though. been an army since debut and i agree with most of this sentiment. the newer fans (not all of them) don't quite understand the scope of what's going on behind the scenes (no pun intended) and will go to odd and often concerning lengths to defend hybe.

however, i feel as if some armys do have a right to feel excited and make theories or even treat it as prestigious if they want to.

• now, i discussed earlier on main forum why i believed hybe was doing this. and i won't go into that here because that's not the point of this thread.

people claim all armys are sensitive to criticism, this isn't true. really, it's a simple concept, really:

1. some are sensitive to criticism

2. most, if not all of them will be sensitive to criticism if the criticism is not criticism and is actually hate. there is a difference.

i don't really like their english singles. they're good to listen to sometimes, but they're not my favorite. i've been receptive to criticism about them in the past because criticism is backed by an opinion not based in emotion, it leans to the more logical side. criticism is NOT "desperate cash grab"....there's nothing there to really back that up (and it comes off as something an anti would say). sure, some people may feel that way, and it may even be correct. but you can't act surprised when it gets people upset when instead it could've been: "i feel as if hybe is leading bts down the wrong path, and doesn't have their best interests in mind at the moment. it seems a little ingenuine of the company and the boys' interests and seems like it's only being released for monetary purposes".

it's essentially saying the same thing, but in a different and more concise form. a form that makes it much more clear that you're not roping hybe and bts together (which many antis do).

and maybe some army's will get triggered at that statement too, and that's their own issue being sensitive. but yeah.

that's all.

• Really? You haven't seen the thread on the main forum asking other armys to block anyone who dares to say anything negative about the situation? I've got nothing against people who are excited for the new songs and want to hype this album, but blocking users or accusing them of ruining the moment just because they are rightfully upset about only getting 3 new songs after a period of unusually little activity (especially when it may be the case that this is the last BTS music we will get for two years) is ridiculous. There may be nothing you can change, but people should be able to have a constructive conversation about this without the risk of getting blocked by half the forum lol

I will never understand how or why armys worship HYBE when they clearly do not have BTS best interests at heart and have been using them for little else beside prestige and monetary purposes for more than a year now. People have also got to learn how to separate a group from the company lol. Is it because HYBE is only big because of BTS? You will rarely see anyone say YG = Blackpink or SM = NCT or something ridiculous like that when criticizing those companies, but that's clearly not the case with HYBE.

• Being reasonable doesn’t mean you’re a company stan. Some army kept wanting BTS to function like when they are rookies. News flash, they are not. Their promotions will change and their musical direction will change. This is growth. This is life. Don’t cling on your BTS expectations like it’s your lifeline. It’s ok to complain, but some of the users got too invested and personal. That ain’t healthy.

• armys on the main say they are not company stans but the moment I saw people criticizing hybe for pulling that, they came in band and attacked users who criticized hybe and some of them even implied bts has a say in the decision. I have never seen any other group's fans who will rather share the "blame" on their favs themselves. Some of you guys need to separate bts from the management team itself. its clearly hybe trying to milk the fandom. that's all i am going to say. you can agree to disagree.

• And I'd like to add somehting idk if it's only me? But I love English tracks of bts. I love it when when kpop idols release a good English song.

• coming from an army, most army on twt & a lot on this site are a lost cause. it's completely fine to be optismistic about the new album, but so many try to police the ones that are dissapointed.

it's almost a witch hunt on twt if you say you aren't happy with the album & it's hilarious that most army on akp that are defending hybe/criticising unhappy army are multis. saw many moarmys in that announcement thread complaining that not every army was jumping in joy. the same people calling hybe out & whining about smaller venues a day before, were suddenly defending hybe as if their life depended on it & being condescending about other armys.

Being reasonable doesn’t mean you’re a company stan. Some army kept wanting BTS to function like when they are rookies. News flash, they are not. Their promotions will change and their musical direction will change. This is growth. This is life. Don’t cling on your BTS expectations like it’s your lifeline. It’s ok to complain, but some of the users got too invested and personal. That ain’t healthy.

how is hoping for a new album after 1.5y treating bts like rookies?

• it is a chance thing since BTS has many more fans there is many more chances of finding company stans or overly sensitive fans

• Probably because they know all the criticism of late isn't entirely without merit. They also can't criticise Hybe without admiting that they might have been wrong about BTS having a say in everything. And if they're right and BTS do have a say in everything, it just opens another can of worms.

I have no idea what's going on. Maybe it's all just because of enlistment, but I'm definitely disappointed.

• I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw some Armys here demand that mods "do something" about negativity. Imagine getting warning points for criticising hybe :cryingr:

• For a lot of Army's criticizing Hybe is the ultimate sign of betrayal. This is why they try to find a deeper meaning in everything Hybe or BTS does, even though they might not like it. This makes them accept it. But everyone needs to do the same and like it too.

If things don't go well, they will defend it at first and will say it could have been done better later on.

I think a lot of reasons why new fans are like this is because of the narratives that they read/hear on the internet. I remember when I entered the fandom, I watched a lot of videos that armys created on YT. Majority of those videos always include HYBE and the 'underdog' stories of BTS. Then, I went to stan twitter and met a lot of armys. I was amazed and weirded out at the same time, cause they are so dedicated to the group and always so supportive & protective, and it extends to HYBE as well. Being new to Kpop and fan culture I was easily swayed and felt like I needed to follow what the fandom says. Tbh, army twt as a whole felt like a cult. You can't say anything bad or any criticisms about a song or HYBE. And when it happens, they always guilt trip other armys, saying you're just an 'anti' or not a fan. Honestly, fan culture on twitter is so toxic and bad, so I left. I hope other fans distance themselves to social media (esp on Twitter) cause it's so toxic. Also, a lot of Twt Armys literally live and breathe BTS that they embrace everything in regards to their brand. Even though, majority of business decisions that were made in their brand- it's HYBE pulling the strings. Like, a bunch of them really believes the 'HYBE family' agenda. It's sickening.

Kpop fan culture is just so different and they rely on parasocial relationship too much. HYBE and BTS especially. I'm still a casual fan tho.

• armys on the main say they are not company stans but the moment I saw people criticizing hybe for pulling that, they came in band and attacked users who criticized hybe and some of them even implied bts has a say in the decision. I have never seen any other group's fans who will rather share the "blame" on their favs themselves. Some of you guys need to separate bts from the management team itself. its clearly hybe trying to milk the fandom. that's all i am going to say. you can agree to disagree.

Please, like no one defends western labels, but kpop fans always take their parasocial relationship to the next level and defend HYBE or any kpop labels. Mentol illness. Western or Korean companies, they are just the same! They would always look out for their best interest and not the other way around.

Even criticisms in a song, albums or merch. Why is it only Kpop fandoms acting so butthurt? I used to lurk on western stan twitter and most of them have no problem voicing out different opinions. Toxic positivity and having a hive mind is so prevalent in Kpop fandoms.

• Really? You haven't seen the thread on the main forum asking other armys to block anyone who dares to say anything negative about the situation? I've got nothing against people who are excited for the new songs and want to hype this album, but blocking users or accusing them of ruining the moment just because they are rightfully upset about only getting 3 new songs after a period of unusually little activity (especially when it may be the case that this is the last BTS music we will get for two years) is ridiculous. There may be nothing you can change, but people should be able to have a constructive conversation about this without the risk of getting blocked by half the forum lol

I will never understand how or why armys worship HYBE when they clearly do not have BTS best interests at heart and have been using them for little else beside prestige and monetary purposes for more than a year now. People have also got to learn how to separate a group from the company lol. Is it because HYBE is only big because of BTS? You will rarely see anyone say YG = Blackpink or SM = NCT or something ridiculous like that when criticizing those companies, but that's clearly not the case with HYBE.

Come and say this in the main coward soul you know who the OP of the thread is

• A lot of Army have grown too fond of the power, position and influence of BTS and Army as a fandom, and they've started to equal BH/HYBE with BTS: criticism on 1 is criticism on the other.

It's what you see with a lot of people when they sense some degree of power, they start to want to use it deal with any unpleasantries incl any form of criticism. K-pop fans are no exception, and some Army even on this site have shown how badly they can stomach any criticism, when it's easier for them to attack the posters posing the criticism.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!