Is Misogyny at Play With These Bullying Accusations?

• I've noticed that the male idols who are being accused of bullying are having an easier time in comparison to the females idols, one in particular Soojin. For instance, The Boyz Sunwoo who has now been accused of sexual harassment and now sexual assault is now being ignored. Where as Soojin just got into an argument with a friend and now said argument is being reported by hearsay and subtweeted by Seo Shin Ae.

Apparently Chuu is getting heat for her allegations as well. I want to compare the two, Chuu and Soojin, who both have different images. Soojin is sexy and charismatic onstage but reserve and shy off stage, however, Skorea doesn't like women who are too provocative regardless of their character offstage. Chuu is the human embodiment of serotonin, however, women in Skorea aren't allowed to make mistakes and when they are they have to be really popular and respected.

Monster X's Kihyun didn't get much backlash and neither did Stray Kidz's Hyunjin, The Boyz's Sunwoo, or SVT's Mingyu. I'm not writing this to say that any of these Bully allegations from either the male or female idols are true, nothing has been confirmed yet and investigations are still going on. However, as we've seen demonstrated numerous times in the Korean entertainment industry, women oftentimes have it much harder than their male counterparts.

• I mean the males have not really released statements while they disliked Soojin statement.

I dont think there is much misogyny going on here.

Those people didnt get backlash because their company responded as fast as lightning while cube has sucked.

Also websites are translating what they want to translate which skews alot.

• Nah, their fandoms are a lot more powerful. Also, kpop fandoms are a female dominated space. Most of the hate prob comes from other women.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

The Boyz's company (Creker) has released a statement already denying the rumors.

BBC also released a statement denying the accusations against Chuu as well.

JYP released a statement denying the accusations against Hyunjin.

These are the ones confirmed not to be true except for Soojin, of which is still being investigated, so it may not be true for her.

I really don't think misogyny is the issue here OP.

• Soojin is the only serious one because aside her 3 people are also involved, one of them is a person known to the public. Of course it will gather more attention.

While the rest of all the other accusations is just "x idol did this to me", without giving enough info to sustain, like more people backing them up or pictures. There's not much to discuss.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• im ngl i feel like there isnt much misogyny here tho its rampant forget the kpop industry, or music industry, in the fucking world

but in soojins case it was proven it be at least half true and thats what all the sites are using, wheres in the others it was completely wrong

.................. where are we now ..................

• There are two male actors who are currently receiving hate too.

It's not misogyny.

Soojin issue blew up because ppl readily believed that any one who did stupid illegal shit in middle school can be bullies and that actress situation doesnt really help.

The male idols you mentioned were already accused of such stuff back and their fans have proofs or atleast something to back up.

Boy groups have their fans to shield them which gg doesn't really have. Gidle is different case tho.

• There's been a couple of male actors accused that are getting just as much heat as soojin.

Hyuna has also been accused and knetz are siding with her over the accusor at the moment. I think it all comes down to how each of them is handling the accusations and how much evidence is stacked against them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!