How do you feel about sexy concepts?

• Do you like them? Think they're trashy? Wish kpop did them more or less? Do you have favorite ones? Ones that were well executed versus not?

I personally like sexy concepts with the right group and if it's done well. I hope that we see more veteran senior groups stick around and do include these mature concepts in the repertoire. I don't particularly want to see young groups do them.

This is one of my fave sexy performances. Monsta X has done a few sexy things and they've shown some skin, but this fully dressed performance is the sexiest to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like them.

No one does it like Taemin~

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Love em

Sistar paved the way I speak facts

Everyone please support Hyolyn

• They're ok if two key criteria are obviously passed

1. No minors in the group. This is obvious but... some older AKB48 stuff... urghhh

2. All the members are ok with doing it and agree with it. As in not having their future in the group/industry threatened if they arent comfortable wearing certain outfits/dancing certain choreos. Seen some older 2nd kpop girl group stuff that is... very eye opening.

• I dislike the way it's done in American MV's.

I like the way how it was done in K-pop, where it was done more sensual, seductive or playful.

As long as minors aren't involved and members consent to it (not like with Stellar :-( ), it's all good.

Yes, but there’s a fine line between what is tasteful and what is vulgar.

One of the reasons why I’ve left Western Music in a sense is because it’s become to erotic and vulgar.

Basically this.

• K-Pop sexy is my kind of sexy

I'm a girl btw

that's the kind of sexy I aspire to be

I watch a ton of Western MVs too and a lot is just way too much for me, I just feel like many try to be more and more provocative. But if that's what they want, then fine, but it makes me uncomfortable to watch. Especially since its mostly just female artists, while male artists get the sit on a chair with a guitar type concepts. At least K-Pop is very equal in girl group and boy group sexy treatment, if anything I'd say the boys are usually more daring.

• i agree with you in some extend

but i saw and read about some girl groups forced to do sexy concept that made them very, very uncomfortable

and it was on the line of being pervy too

Marionette -Stellar

Vibratto -Stellar

Move -4L

Mommao -J Park -this one is not GG of course, but the use of women is uncomfortable

on the case of Sistar, the members never talked about how the felt about it. Not sure if they felt uncomfortable or not.

2 gen had a lot of that, but i guess it stopped when they saw they couldn`t play it in so many channels cos they got banned

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Honestly one big :claps: for people who survive this

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

Edited once, last by sveznalica ().

• Honestly I had many of my faves do sexy concept (afterall I stan 2nd gen girl groups). And I didn't enjoy their sexy concept that much. First because some (or in some cases all) members seemed really uncomfortable. I avoided MVs and watching music shows during these comebacks.

Again this is not the case for every group that did sexy concept but it just happened that I loved Stellar and 9MUSES music ;(

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• They're ok if two key criteria are obviously passed

1. No minors in the group. This is obvious but... some older AKB48 stuff... urghhh

2. All the members are ok with doing it and agree with it. As in not having their future in the group/industry threatened if they arent comfortable wearing certain outfits/dancing certain choreos. Seen some older 2nd kpop girl group stuff that is... very eye opening.

Unfortunately we aren't always privy to how the group feels. Mx has talked about it in interviews and they have several member penned songs that are overtly sexual, so i gel comfortable with them. You don't always lnow tho.

• K-Pop sexy is my kind of sexy

I'm a girl btw

that's the kind of sexy I aspire to be

I watch a ton of Western MVs too and a lot is just way too much for me, I just feel like many try to be more and more provocative. But if that's what they want, then fine, but it makes me uncomfortable to watch. Especially since its mostly just female artists, while male artists get the sit on a chair with a guitar type concepts. At least K-Pop is very equal in girl group and boy group sexy treatment, if anything I'd say the boys are usually more daring.

I do appreciate how Korean pop culture puts a lot of the same expectations on the guys as they do for the girls so you don't get stuff likr

D3WMBmxU4AA8yLh.jpg

• Honestly one big :claps: for people who survive this

I will never get over the guy behind xiumin's face lol

tumblr_os808bPIUW1us89nho2_400.gifv

also, the sexiest thing about this isn't the body roll but xiumin's expression. He gives good face.

• Honestly I had many of my faves do sexy concept (afterall I stan 2nd gen girl groups). And I didn't enjoy their sexy concept that much. First because some (or in some cases all) members seemed really uncomfortable. I avoided MVs and watching music shows during these comebacks.

Again this is not the case for every group that did sexy concept but it just happened that I loved Stellar and 9MUSES music ;(

I know the stellar story. Was 9muses in a similar situation?

• Depends. I sometimes love it but sexy concepts often feel borderline creepy or objectifying. Two rules for me to like them: 1. All members should be adults, otherwise it's a no-go. 2. The artist needs to look in control. Sexy and empowering, not a sexy object for fanservice.

That said I think the worst type of sexy concepts are really the cute ones with sexy undertones. Was a major reason I was skeptical of becoming a kpop fan. It's gotten much better in recent years though and these type of concepts seems to be (slowly) dying out.

• Depends. I sometimes love it but sexy concepts often feel borderline creepy or objectifying. Two rules for me to like them: 1. All members should be adults, otherwise it's a no-go. 2. The artist needs to look in control. Sexy and empowering, not a sexy object for fanservice.

That said I think the worst type of sexy concepts are really the cute ones with sexy undertones. Was a major reason I was skeptical of becoming a kpop fan. It's gotten much better in recent years though and these type of concepts seems to be (slowly) dying out.

This. I really dislike when a (it's usually a gg lbr) gg is dressed cute and young, like in a school uniform or has ribbons in their hair or something and they're directed in a certain way or it's filmed to look sexy or lolita-ish. That's the worst

• I feel nothing much about it, some overdue it and then it feels forced.

With sexy concepts I think that many women feel uncomfortable as they are mostly targeting men with that and that makes many women start to project or ask themself to which degree these women consent to this.

• The issue of consent is being brought up here and I think it's deserves a different discussion of its own because basically ANY concept includes "consent" in some form or another, not just a "sexy" one.

They’re not the same though. People certainly view consent with regards to sex and objectification in a much more critical way. And as they should. Forced to wear clothes you’re uncomfortable with because it projects you “sexy” when that’s not something you want is different from say wearing an ugly dress you don’t care about.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!