Posts by cuntilly

I do. Some of you folks are fortunate enough not to have spent crucial developmental periods watching idol animes (I wouldn't give them a letter of recommendation if you know what I'm saying) but they have ingrained within me like how water becomes you. Therefore, I present to you my pipe dream explicitly:

It starts with an intense affair, one that involves an attraction so strong it repels. From there, it blossoms into a pledge of allegiance born out of embers of passion and dedication from both parties. No such thing in this world is exclusive so we can observe a repetition at large. Therefore, characteristically human, you start to develop external problems to the homeland security, and what better way to solve that than waging a war.

Thrusted into the trench pits of rivalry, an AKB Senbatsu-esque competition is formulated. One where everyone involved gives it their 150% all like the kids taking Suneung. The nation's fiercest warriors brute it out in a display of various courtship rituals just to win the hearts of many. For some, it is a glorified phallic object measuring contest or a MAMA with rankings and for some, it is an event to show appreciation and growth to themselves and fans. Pick your flavor. In the end, you get a spicy competition that marks the peak of the year with a steady supply of performances for everyone to gush over until the next moon arrives.

Eventually, it will become a popularity contest, sure. But just imagine the potential narratives able to be generated from this.

"Smaller group with growing fanbase SHOCKS the nation with emotional win over favorites"

"Top group continues to cement their dominance"

"A change in guardian? X Group falls from glory with deteriorating placings"

"Passing of the torch. Y Ent legacy secured with newly debuted group soaring at #3"

Just imagine how the first headline would play out. Underdogs winning after a heartfelt performance about growth and breaking personal barriers, playing to the weakness of many, who can resist a good concept that mirrors themselves? As they are announced, you can see the members shocked and in utter disbelief. Walking up to the podium, some members begin to cry and they deliver yet again a warm speech that plucks the heartstrings of populace. Just imagine the tweets quoting those members, it's like a patriotic event.

But, of course, many negative sides are yet to be shined upon. That is my reverie

That they managed to give the communal green light to one of the most popular channels that possess a name camouflaging the grotty scenes of the Hollywood industry well, I am surprised that not many have given a platform to the people perturbed by the resemblance of the name to a crapshoot Californian B-tier "adult video" studio.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer that I do know the origin of the name but I am still experiencing a shock each time I see the channel pop up in my feed.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When a song title is trying to convince you that their song is a bop.

No, it is a flop flop.

Also they are copying G-Friend.

I heard that they got duplicate renditions of the members from a renowned South Korean market

We have all been there. Seeking the priceless companionship of a song in times of lows. As cosmic justice would have it, they have paired me with an exceptional pick in this song. The beginning sets you in a space that forces the vines of stress to slither away like vipers exposed nude, a calming serenation of the selected patrons further affirms this. A gaping hole has unknowingly formed its way through the soil, pulling you into the center of gravity and knocking you off in the process. By the time the instrumentals have once again taken over, you are already immersed in a pool of liquified purity that is impossible to achieve by the delicate chemical process of titration. No longer are you a captive of the toschlusspanik flying around like a bat exodus from a Thai cave. Like a gift that keeps giving, you are entitled to the grand prize of a bridge as soothing as clove oil on a cavity. From there on, you board a mental Shinkansen train, transporting you back to the lithosphere where you dance with the five sisters. Yes, you are correct to assume that a song that is worthy of a crown as heavy as Red Velvet's best b-side has another trick up its sleeve, like the humble drug that starts with the 22nd letter of the alphabet, it sustains a spiritual contraction for you to enjoy its healing properties for at a minimum of five more minutes. Enough time to finally detach your lower part from the comfort of your bed.

TL;DR: This song slaps ass

but that's why I prefer Sana by a mile. Unpopular maybe but I don't like Wonyoung's expressions, I think she overdoes it and everytime I watch her I feel like I'm watching her go through a set she practiced in front of the mirror. While Sana just seems like she's feeling herself.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. Wonyoung definitely feels more trained and prepared while Sana is just more natural, I do prefer Sana more myself but it just amazed me how camera-aware she is, every shot and she's there with a ready expression.

I was looking through some of IVE's performances and holy shit, this girl sure knows how to play with the camera. It felt like every time the camera shoots her face, even if she's in the hidden member or an unstrategic position, that her expressions would be worthy of being the main focus of the shot. She has always been comfortable with her expressions since the very first PD48 audition but then she took it to a whole other level after Fiesta and it doesn't look like she's going to slow down with her expressions any time soon. The closest I can think of is probably Sana who's famous for being "flirty" towards the camera but I don't think she's as expressive as Wonyoung and she seems to rely more on her gaze more as opposed to Wonyoung who's winking, smirking and pouting her face in every shot there is.

I'd say not for me. Too much stuff happening but not in a good way. Sounds a bit vintage, some parts remind me of 2nd gen K-pop beats and the pre-chorus is so early 2010s radio EDM. And the visuals are not exactly my taste either and Onda reminding me a bit of Grimes during the chorus is probably the only thing I'm going to remember from the MV.