What's a thing you haven't done in a long time and want to do again?

• At the beginning of 2020, my new year's resolution was to go explore my city more, so I made a whole list of places, events, restaurants, etc. to go check out.

And well, we know how that went.

But I came across it again recently, and thought, "You know, it would be fun to go an amusement park again." I literally can't remember the last time I went to one.

What's your thing?

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Go to Best Answer
  • Traveling alone

I enjoy traveling alone alot more

I envy your bravery! I've never traveled alone before! I get lost easily and it scares me.

I thought of going to an all-inclusive resort by myself in 2018, because hell, you get driven from the airport to the resort and I can drink and read on a beautiful beach by myself. But then my family thought that sounded fun and came with.

let's be friends

• I envy your bravery! I've never traveled alone before! I get lost easily and it scares me.

I thought of going to an all-inclusive resort by myself in 2018, because hell, you get driven from the airport to the resort and I can drink and read on a beautiful beach by myself. But then my family thought that sounded fun and came with.

I get frustrated traveling with people bc they usually do not have the same stamina as me.

People need more rest, food, bathroom breaks on average compare to me. I can explore the whole day without any of those three while my friends needed each atleast 3 times.

I did get super frustrated with people on travel bc of that.

I was like fuck it, no need to take the weakling with me.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I definitely see the appeal of that. I went to Vegas with my family, and I prepared for weeks in advance for all the walking we were going to do. And by mid-morning on the first day, my family was like "can we hail a cab?" :facepalm:

They actually spent so much of that trip bitching that, tbh, it's making me think that I want to take my next trip alone.

And even from the opposite perspective, I listened to a podcast semi-recently that talked about how some people think of "vacation" as "do nothing all day" and some people think "do lots of things that I don't normally get to do, and who knows if I'll ever get to do them again" and just because you're related or friends with someone doesn't mean you have compatible ideas on that.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just so excited to see someone doing something I've always wanted to do, but been scared to try!

let's be friends

• Best Answer

That's the trick to traveling alone!

Making sure you have checked the routes and have contingency plans in case things go how you expected.

I also don't enjoy traveling with my family. Again they get tired too fast and they end up nagging.

I try to do one family vacay and one solo travel before covid.

Idk where you live but if I recommend a spot for solo travel it would be eastern Canada. That's where you would really feel the spirit of Canadian people. Everyone is so kind and willing to help if you need. Plus amazing fresh seafood, beautiful nature, amazing one of kind towns. I spent the whole day alone on an island that's considered provincial park but people don't reallt visit since there is no ferry. I paid for sth called water taxi which was literally a 14 year old dude with his motor boat. He picked me up from the main waterfront dropped me off at the island and he was like when should I pick u up?

not gonna lie was abit scared cause there was no phone signal and if he didn't come back after me I would have been stranded.

That place was the most beautiful piece of land I had ever seen and I got to enjoy it ALONE for the whole day.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ty friend! I went to Canada when I was a kid, and I have pieces of memories, but nothing clear, so I've thought about going back.

You've given me a lot to think about. :pepelove1: I appreciate you sharing.

let's be friends

• centen

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Dating :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Ugh that too

Lol

Dating could be very good when it's good and extremely shit when it's bad.

• Sketching and drawing... it's been months since I've done it lately and I used to draw daily. I guess I'm too busy with new work lately, but hopefully will go back to my drawing/sketching routine

• Damn. Well now I can't think of anything but going to Disney World when it's uncrowded. It's never the case anymore :(

• I look forward to thoroughly cleaning the house today! Sounds like a weird fetish, I know, but I merely shattered my elbow back in January and wasn't allowed to use my left arm until they gave me the OK on Friday.

So right now I'm waiting for my husband to leave with his friends so I can get started.

He did his best while I was incapacitated but... Well... His mum is the "men should not have to do housework" type, so it's honestly still a bit of a mess.

Which is why I'm gonna use boy's day out to clean while he can't see me do so. I don't want to hurt his feelings. He worked really hard.

• I look forward to thoroughly cleaning the house today! Sounds like a weird fetish, I know, but I merely shattered my elbow back in January and wasn't allowed to use my left arm until they gave me the OK on Friday.

So right now I'm waiting for my husband to leave with his friends so I can get started.

He did his best while I was incapacitated but... Well... His mum is the "men should not have to do housework" type, so it's honestly still a bit of a mess.

Which is why I'm gonna use boy's day out to clean while he can't see me do so. I don't want to hurt his feelings. He worked really hard.

That sounds so sweet! Both that your husband tried so hard and that you want to spare his feelings. I know what you mean about wanting to have full use of your body again and the appeal of a really clean place. :pepelove1: I hope you have a great day!

let's be friends

• Omg, you're exactly like me. Also, they always want to go to spots I don't care about and wouldn't go in the first place.

Of course having company is great but I feel like they need to sit around too many times, for way too long.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!