What's your worst heartbreak? And have you ever broke someone's heart?

• NO JUDGING HERE PLEASE SO FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR STORIES

Ok first of all i wrote a whole bible about my heartbreak but deleted cause to cut it short, my worst heartbreak was that i only "fell in love" with someone that i actually never met and every chance of talking to him i had, i fucked up. I had this fixation on him for over a decade, cried about him several times, tried to get over, smiled like an idiot whenever he was around. Mind u the first time i laid my eyes on him, i was like 7 and now i'm 20+. So this wasn't a simple infantuation. Last time i saw him was in december of 2019 so i have no idea where he is now, i think he already left town and i can't blame him for that. I could find more about him i guess, my town doesn't even have over 50k citizens but i am the shittiest stalker and tbh i don't feel like doing it. Should i go after him? Maybe but i feel like doing too much would be creepy cause having a fixation on the same dude for so long seems already creepy enough.

Ok now if i ever broke someone's heart. I think the worst i did was when i was a kid, like 10 or smth. There was these kids who used to annoy the shit out of me. They started making little cards and started throwing it on my desk. I was bullied before, so i was sensitive to anything. One of these cards was actually confessing his love to me (i don't think i even read the rest). I know he was for real cause he wasnt laughing and he wasn't my bully. I didn't like him, plain and simple, so i started to pick all these cards, tear in front of them without reading and throw it on the floor as if it meant nothing. I thought i was doing the right thing but looking back, it was extremely rude and mean. Like imagine u send someone a card confessing ur love and they do that shit in front of you. Would be trauma material for me. It's not that bad though, I'm sure there's worse.

I feel so vulnerable now i exposed myself like do i sound like an idiot, a jerk, just naive? please don't judge let's be vulnerable together :pepe-comfy:

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• we start to know each other during highschool, since 2014 . Start to getting serious on late 2015 . Getting into relationship January 2016-December 2017 . As soon as we leave high school and continue to further our study on different places, thing change and after few months,he ghosting me for no reason . Even hide his ig story from me . I never ask for any explanation tho but its been 3 years since the last time i saw him and i still missed him sometimes and wonder what went wrong . Its my first and last relay tho im not ready and still traumatized .

Edit : and yeah due to pandemic both of us are on our hometown and our house is just few miles away but it is what it is

Further explanation : We never officially broke up tho he just ghosting me and i never ask for any explanation (yeah i know im kinda fucked up but my ego>>>>)

• when i was like 11 i made friends with this teenager on trivia crack and we started messaging and he thought i was his age lmao so he told me he had a crush on me so i rejected him and he got mad butthurt about it :whistling:

criminal

• No and no, the relationships I had just ended in a good way with common agreement :| but it was kinda interesting reading your story, like I can't imagine a crush or whatever lasting for so long without much interaction

Wow you're so lucky. Yeah that's very uncommon, even I don't get why. I'm glad at least I'm aware that something's off

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I wish you luck sorting that out, it might be hard but try meeting new people more often

Thing is, every single person I meet end up being compared to him, consciously or not. Have you ever met someone who gave u a thrill just by standing next to you, an adrenaline rush, a sensation so intense and strong you would smile like an idiot as if you don't even have control over your own body? That's how he used to make me feel and that's the only person who ever made me feel this way. Naturally, anyone else feel boring in comparison. I actually had interest in other guys, but I just got so addicted to the feeling this other guy gave me that I couldn't hold my interest on others for long. I'm working on it though, cause I realized that's pretty unhealthy and there's so many fish in the sea. I just wish I would loose a bit for once and date anyone who slightly attracted me but I'm too reserved for that. I can see myself doing it in the future but not yet :pepe-toilet:

JCsIq3Q.gif

• My worst heartbreak was when my boyfriend and I broke up after I took a job in Sydney to be with him. We broke up the weekend I got there. I was devastated, we’d been together for 8 months and I had strong feelings for him. Never take a job for love, it doesn’t work out.

I broke a heart when I broke off an engagement with a guy I’d been with for 2 years. He loved me but I didn’t love him.

• Thing is, every single person I meet end up being compared to him, consciously or not. Have you ever met someone who gave u a thrill just by standing next to you, an adrenaline rush, a sensation so intense and strong you would smile like an idiot as if you don't even have control over your own body? That's how he used to make me feel and that's the only person who ever made me feel this way. Naturally, anyone else feel boring in comparison. I actually had interest in other guys, but I just got so addicted to the feeling this other guy gave me that I couldn't hold my interest on others for long. I'm working on it though, cause I realized that's pretty unhealthy and there's so many fish in the sea. I just wish I would loose a bit for once and date anyone who slightly attracted me but I'm too reserved for that. I can see myself doing it in the future but not yet :pepe-toilet:

Hard to comment on stuff like that since it's very personal. I have personally never felt like that towards someone, I would faint if I saw the bp members up close tho :pepe-tea: lmao

But yeah your case really does sound a bit unhealthy since it's been around for so long. Probably needs some experts help

• Isnt really heartbreak but in 5th grade I left my hometown to move to another state due to daddy issues, after a while my best friend and I just kinda faded away(so we didn't talk for 3 years), like a few months ago we started talking again. The thing is I used to like him before I left, but now that I'm talking to him again I didn't know what to feel, so he made a discord gc and added some people for Minecraft. So we play after a while, now we stopped talking again I think. but I stuck with two people from the gc, and they both know each other personally but I don't. but like he was really nice to me and it was a first because not many people are this nice to me, we talk every day and every once in a while he always tells me to go to his hometown when we get older, I tell him we are just kids and that if I really end up going it just might just be a visit after college (I plan on being a pediatric hematologist) or in between breaks. especially since I've never seen snow, and where he lives is full of snow. so he promised me that if I even went over there he would bring me to the snow so now I'm just really whipped for him.

• Hard to comment on stuff like that since it's very personal. I have personally never felt like that towards someone, I would faint if I saw the bp members up close tho :pepe-tea: lmao

But yeah your case really does sound a bit unhealthy since it's been around for so long. Probably needs some experts help

I actually researched about it, it's the famous "lust at first sight" that ppl romanticize as "love" in stories like Romeo&Juliet. Basically my body releasing dopamine aka the pleasure hormone (which explains my "craving"/addiction) cause it had an excellent response to his body's pheromones which means our body chemistry match and we would have healthy babies together :pepe-toilet: it sounds a lot less romantic when u realize there's science behind it lmao but idk maybe there's something karmic about it that astrology could answer. :pepe-tea:

JCsIq3Q.gif

• My worst heartbreak was when my boyfriend and I broke up after I took a job in Sydney to be with him. We broke up the weekend I got there. I was devastated, we’d been together for 8 months and I had strong feelings for him. Never take a job for love, it doesn’t work out.

I broke a heart when I broke off an engagement with a guy I’d been with for 2 years. He loved me but I didn’t love him.

Wow if it's not asking much, why did you guys broke up?

Must have been pretty tough to break an engagement.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Isnt really heartbreak but in 5th grade I left my hometown to move to another state due to daddy issues, after a while my best friend and I just kinda faded away(so we didn't talk for 3 years), like a few months ago we started talking again. The thing is I used to like him before I left, but now that I'm talking to him again I didn't know what to feel, so he made a discord gc and added some people for Minecraft. So we play after a while, now we stopped talking again I think. but I stuck with two people from the gc, and they both know each other personally but I don't. but like he was really nice to me and it was a first because not many people are this nice to me, we talk every day and every once in a while he always tells me to go to his hometown when we get older, I tell him we are just kids and that if I really end up going it just might just be a visit after college (I plan on being a pediatric hematologist) or in between breaks. especially since I've never seen snow, and where he lives is full of snow. so he promised me that if I even went over there he would bring me to the snow so now I'm just really whipped for him.

That's actually super cute, I wish the best for both of you :lover3:

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Wow if it's not asking much, why did you guys broke up?

Must have been pretty tough to break an engagement.

He said he couldn’t keep the relationship going

It was tough but I was young then and got engaged for the wrong reasons

• He said he couldn’t keep the relationship going

It was tough but I was young then and got engaged for the wrong reasons

Damn but why wait until you left to be with him to break up? That was kind of a dick move even though I can understand it was probably hard for him to do it.

And about the other, at the end you did a favor for both then, it would be worse to keep going.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Damn but why wait until you left to be with him to break up? That was kind of a dick move even though I can understand it was probably hard for him to do it.

And about the other, at the end you did a favor for both then, it would be worse to keep going.

We were in a long distance relationship anyway and it was hard to keep it going before I took on the job. I thought we would be able to keep it going once I moved but I was wrong. I was only 20 so still quite young.

My mother said it was easier to hand back an engagement ring than a wedding ring. I’m glad I didn’t marry him.

• We were in a long distance relationship anyway and it was hard to keep it going before I took on the job. I thought we would be able to keep it going once I moved but I was wrong. I was only 20 so still quite young.

My mother said it was easier to hand back an engagement ring than a wedding ring. I’m glad I didn’t marry him.

Your mother is very wise, she was absolutely right.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• My worst heartbreak was early 2020. Covid just started and I was in a group chat with some new friends I'd just met online. At the time it'd been a few months after my last relationship which was my first heartbreak, so I was pretty lonely and just wanted to feel loved again. I met someone in that group chat who made me feel special so I latched onto them pretty quickly. I made it obvious that I liked them because I didn't wanna regret not being able to ever tell them. They, however, were in love with someone else. It hurt a lot so I just moved on. I still liked them but I just stop trying and just gave up cause it was obvious they didn't want me back. This should have been the first red flag, I wasn't even their first choice. The person they liked didn't want them back in that way, they wanted to want them but they were still dealing with their ex and they didn't have the room in their heart for them. I even told my ex that I thought we should stop being friends cause I made such an effort to show them how I felt and every time they'd just talk about the other person and didn't ever even text me back. They said they understood and said that they respect my choice and I had every right to do so. I felt bad so I said I'd come back around eventually just not now. Apparently that left a scar because a month or so later. The person they were chasing after just stopped entertaining them and just stopped being online as often, understandable because their ex was absolutely horrible and was accusing them of horrible things. Anyway my ex started posting about regrets and making mistakes, and choosing the wrong one. And yk my nosy a*s was like ?? so I commented about it obviously. I was like 'what does that even mean?" or something like that. They responded and told me to go to our dms and I was like "oh i see where this is about to go". They told me they like me and regretted not paying me any mind. I was blushing so hard, my heart was beating so hard, nothing like I'd ever felt before. I told them that I felt that same and from there we started dating. For the first day it was nice yk like a normal relationship. Things started going downhill fast tho. Only two weeks into it they started responding at hours even days at a time. We could never build a relationship because we were stuck in the same conversation all the time. Now that I think about it I don't even remember what we'd even talk about, that's how nothing it gets. This made me feel insecure and made me feel like if I wanted their affection I'd have to earn it. And that's so stupid because we were literally dating. I told my friends about it and they all told me to leave but I'd just say "but I love them :(( they'll change I know they will". I had only a few friends so while they were gone I was so lonely and so sad. It got to the point to where I was crying every day, I wouldn't get up from my bed except to go to the bathroom, I wouldn't eat nor sleep until they came back. I just wanted them to be there. They were busy and their family had taken a hit from the covid outbreak so I never got too mad about it. I'd tell my friends and they started telling me that they're no good and that I should leave, I remember getting so mad at them for talking bad about them even though I was the one telling them these things. I remember one day I was talking to my ex, a few hours at a time of course, I was so tired. And I accidentally still had the chat open. I was drifting off to sleep but something told me to wake up. I looked at my phone. They read the message then pressed "mark as unread". It literally broke me. They were seeing what I was saying but they just decided to ignore it. I told my friends again they told me if I ever wanted to be happy I needed to dump my ex. I didn't cause I was a fool. Another time we were talking and they looked at my message right after I sent it. I was so happy I thought we'd get to talk normally. I thought they finally had time for me. But they just said "oops sorry I clicked on your message too fast lol". That pissed me off. I was like "wdym?". Then they proceed to tell me that I'm just so perfect and ethereal. I ate that up like a dummy. Later on the summer ended and it was time for me to go back to virtual school. The day before I left I told my ex that I was gonna be focusing on school. They said they understood and that it's okay and they'll wait for me. The next day just before I was gonna leave, I had this sudden feeling to go look at their account. So I did. They had someone else in their bio. We didn't have each other in our bios, why was that person there?? I started crying and I told my best friend. My best friend was pissed and helped me a lot, they calmed me down and told me to talk to my ex about it. I agreed, but I said I was scared. So my bestie offered to talk to them for me. They did and the way my ex responded was even worse. They were defensive and said that I don't have them in my bio so they aren't gonna put me in theirs. That pissed me off, like I'd never felt more angry in my life. Me and my bestie agreed I should dump them, right then. My bestie told them to talk to me about it cause I was upset. And all they said to me was "so do you wanna talk about it?" all passive aggressive as if I did something wrong. I was so mad I just said, "no, do YOU wanna talk about it?' they said they had nothing to talk about. I calmed down a bit so I could tell them my thoughts and break up with them once and for all. I told them how the situation made me feel and asked them if they'd been talking to that person in any romantic way. They explained that that person was their friend and they admitted they flirted with them before we started dating. They also said they were willing to accept anything I wanted to say. It took awhile, and it was hard but I gathered the courage to finally tell them it's over. I told them it was because I wasn't doing the best mentally and I just needed some time alone, this wasn't completely a lie but not the main reason. They said they understood and I suggested that we stay friends. They said they couldn't be friends with me right then. I told my bestie everything and we celebrated my freedom. I know that seems like an a-hole move but we'd been dating all summer and not once did they ever treat me like anything more than a friend. I came back for some time and they were kinda emo lol. Anyway while I was gone it hurt, it hurt a lot. They were someone I had depended on for my happiness and then they were gone. I blamed myself and I felt like a there was a boulder on my chest at all times. Like I was dying slowly on the inside. I convinced myself that they were my soulmate, that no one else would love me, that they were the only one that could ever love me. So when I went back I was broken. I tried to act like everything was fine but I knew better. I remember posting something and they commented on it. It made me feel... I don't know just so many things. I wanted them back and I didn't care how they treated me before I just wanted them. I guess I got too emo cause I made another post just for ranting. They texted me saying they miss me and they wanted to get back together. This felt like someone st*bbed me in the heart but in a good way?? I was excited, I was happy. I told them that I missed them too and I wanted to get back together. And after that, they went back to doing the same old things. I was still sad every day. I told my friends we got back together, they said they respect my choices but being with them wasn't gonna make me happy. Then one of my friends who was also in that same group chat at the beginning of the year told me that my ex told them that they liked them and they were gonna choose them. This sent me over edge. It was again that I wasn't their first choice. In my anger I sent them a long angry message saying we should break up and never talk to each other again. It took them like 7 hours to respond. They were mad this time, they started going off about how they did nothing wrong and that I was an immature a-hole. They said they wanted to block me and never wanted to see me again. That hurt my pride for a long time. I told them all the things they did and they just said they didn't do it when they literally did??? Anyway I left them on seen, I didn't have time for it anymore. The next day they messaged me saying they were gonna block me and they called me an immature a-hole again. I left them on seen cause by that point I was done with the whole thing. They blocked me and I told my friends of my victory :)) At the same time I was going through a lot in my personal life. My great grandma had just passed away and my grandma was getting heart surgery. I was scared and stressed. I posted about my stress and how people were annoying me. I never told anyone about my great grandma passing cause I didn't want people to pity me I just wanted to mourn for her in peace. I felt a sudden ping in my stomach that I should check my ex's account. Apparently they unblocked me to stalk my account. I didn't even notice because I deleted our messages. They basically just said what I said but passive aggressively and said people are really annoying. Not gonna lie, I laughed. I was literally mourning my great grandma and my ex thought I was talking about them. It was funny cause I didn't care. And just like that we never seen each other again. The End!! sorry it was long but it was a lot. Now that I look back on it I wish I was more clear about my feelings but that'd mean we would've dated for longer so not really

• Have you ever met someone who gave u a thrill just by standing next to you, an adrenaline rush, a sensation so intense and strong you would smile like an idiot as if you don't even have control over your own body?

Lmao I read this while thinking about Itaewon Class (sasanim?)

But, having a crush on someone for 10 years? Its really impressive

About my experience, I was rejected twice, and on the second time I remember that I cried the whole night listening to to a sad song

About breaking someone's heart, I think that I did it once. Like, some years ago I would catch the same bus when going back home, and almost always there was a girl in one of the backseats. I also used to sit on the back, but not closer to her, idk didn't wanted to weirdly seat by her side, cuz there where lots of other empty places.

But, we always sat on the same places, so, we had an unwritten rule, of not not seating on each other seats. She never broke it, I never broke it, until one day. I was just getting on the bus, going to my favorite spot, when I saw her, sitting exactly where I used to, while hers was empty, so I was like, what? I became pissed, and sat somewhere else.

Thinking about it, maybe she just wanted idk to talk to me, or something, maybe it was a little flirt, I don't know if I really broke her heart, but after that day, when I looked at her she always seemed angry.

• My worst heartbreak was early 2020. Covid just started and I was in a group chat with some new friends I'd just met online. At the time it'd been a few months after my last relationship which was my first heartbreak, so I was pretty lonely and just wanted to feel loved again. I met someone in that group chat who made me feel special so I latched onto them pretty quickly. I made it obvious that I liked them because I didn't wanna regret not being able to ever tell them. They, however, were in love with someone else. It hurt a lot so I just moved on. I still liked them but I just stop trying and just gave up cause it was obvious they didn't want me back. This should have been the first red flag, I wasn't even their first choice. The person they liked didn't want them back in that way, they wanted to want them but they were still dealing with their ex and they didn't have the room in their heart for them. I even told my ex that I thought we should stop being friends cause I made such an effort to show them how I felt and every time they'd just talk about the other person and didn't ever even text me back. They said they understood and said that they respect my choice and I had every right to do so. I felt bad so I said I'd come back around eventually just not now. Apparently that left a scar because a month or so later. The person they were chasing after just stopped entertaining them and just stopped being online as often, understandable because their ex was absolutely horrible and was accusing them of horrible things. Anyway my ex started posting about regrets and making mistakes, and choosing the wrong one. And yk my nosy a*s was like ?? so I commented about it obviously. I was like 'what does that even mean?" or something like that. They responded and told me to go to our dms and I was like "oh i see where this is about to go". They told me they like me and regretted not paying me any mind. I was blushing so hard, my heart was beating so hard, nothing like I'd ever felt before. I told them that I felt that same and from there we started dating. For the first day it was nice yk like a normal relationship. Things started going downhill fast tho. Only two weeks into it they started responding at hours even days at a time. We could never build a relationship because we were stuck in the same conversation all the time. Now that I think about it I don't even remember what we'd even talk about, that's how nothing it gets. This made me feel insecure and made me feel like if I wanted their affection I'd have to earn it. And that's so stupid because we were literally dating. I told my friends about it and they all told me to leave but I'd just say "but I love them :(( they'll change I know they will". I had only a few friends so while they were gone I was so lonely and so sad. It got to the point to where I was crying every day, I wouldn't get up from my bed except to go to the bathroom, I wouldn't eat nor sleep until they came back. I just wanted them to be there. They were busy and their family had taken a hit from the covid outbreak so I never got too mad about it. I'd tell my friends and they started telling me that they're no good and that I should leave, I remember getting so mad at them for talking bad about them even though I was the one telling them these things. I remember one day I was talking to my ex, a few hours at a time of course, I was so tired. And I accidentally still had the chat open. I was drifting off to sleep but something told me to wake up. I looked at my phone. They read the message then pressed "mark as unread". It literally broke me. They were seeing what I was saying but they just decided to ignore it. I told my friends again they told me if I ever wanted to be happy I needed to dump my ex. I didn't cause I was a fool. Another time we were talking and they looked at my message right after I sent it. I was so happy I thought we'd get to talk normally. I thought they finally had time for me. But they just said "oops sorry I clicked on your message too fast lol". That pissed me off. I was like "wdym?". Then they proceed to tell me that I'm just so perfect and ethereal. I ate that up like a dummy. Later on the summer ended and it was time for me to go back to virtual school. The day before I left I told my ex that I was gonna be focusing on school. They said they understood and that it's okay and they'll wait for me. The next day just before I was gonna leave, I had this sudden feeling to go look at their account. So I did. They had someone else in their bio. We didn't have each other in our bios, why was that person there?? I started crying and I told my best friend. My best friend was pissed and helped me a lot, they calmed me down and told me to talk to my ex about it. I agreed, but I said I was scared. So my bestie offered to talk to them for me. They did and the way my ex responded was even worse. They were defensive and said that I don't have them in my bio so they aren't gonna put me in theirs. That pissed me off, like I'd never felt more angry in my life. Me and my bestie agreed I should dump them, right then. My bestie told them to talk to me about it cause I was upset. And all they said to me was "so do you wanna talk about it?" all passive aggressive as if I did something wrong. I was so mad I just said, "no, do YOU wanna talk about it?' they said they had nothing to talk about. I calmed down a bit so I could tell them my thoughts and break up with them once and for all. I told them how the situation made me feel and asked them if they'd been talking to that person in any romantic way. They explained that that person was their friend and they admitted they flirted with them before we started dating. They also said they were willing to accept anything I wanted to say. It took awhile, and it was hard but I gathered the courage to finally tell them it's over. I told them it was because I wasn't doing the best mentally and I just needed some time alone, this wasn't completely a lie but not the main reason. They said they understood and I suggested that we stay friends. They said they couldn't be friends with me right then. I told my bestie everything and we celebrated my freedom. I know that seems like an a-hole move but we'd been dating all summer and not once did they ever treat me like anything more than a friend. I came back for some time and they were kinda emo lol. Anyway while I was gone it hurt, it hurt a lot. They were someone I had depended on for my happiness and then they were gone. I blamed myself and I felt like a there was a boulder on my chest at all times. Like I was dying slowly on the inside. I convinced myself that they were my soulmate, that no one else would love me, that they were the only one that could ever love me. So when I went back I was broken. I tried to act like everything was fine but I knew better. I remember posting something and they commented on it. It made me feel... I don't know just so many things. I wanted them back and I didn't care how they treated me before I just wanted them. I guess I got too emo cause I made another post just for ranting. They texted me saying they miss me and they wanted to get back together. This felt like someone st*bbed me in the heart but in a good way?? I was excited, I was happy. I told them that I missed them too and I wanted to get back together. And after that, they went back to doing the same old things. I was still sad every day. I told my friends we got back together, they said they respect my choices but being with them wasn't gonna make me happy. Then one of my friends who was also in that same group chat at the beginning of the year told me that my ex told them that they liked them and they were gonna choose them. This sent me over edge. It was again that I wasn't their first choice. In my anger I sent them a long angry message saying we should break up and never talk to each other again. It took them like 7 hours to respond. They were mad this time, they started going off about how they did nothing wrong and that I was an immature a-hole. They said they wanted to block me and never wanted to see me again. That hurt my pride for a long time. I told them all the things they did and they just said they didn't do it when they literally did??? Anyway I left them on seen, I didn't have time for it anymore. The next day they messaged me saying they were gonna block me and they called me an immature a-hole again. I left them on seen cause by that point I was done with the whole thing. They blocked me and I told my friends of my victory :)) At the same time I was going through a lot in my personal life. My great grandma had just passed away and my grandma was getting heart surgery. I was scared and stressed. I posted about my stress and how people were annoying me. I never told anyone about my great grandma passing cause I didn't want people to pity me I just wanted to mourn for her in peace. I felt a sudden ping in my stomach that I should check my ex's account. Apparently they unblocked me to stalk my account. I didn't even notice because I deleted our messages. They basically just said what I said but passive aggressively and said people are really annoying. Not gonna lie, I laughed. I was literally mourning my great grandma and my ex thought I was talking about them. It was funny cause I didn't care. And just like that we never seen each other again. The End!! sorry it was long but it was a lot. Now that I look back on it I wish I was more clear about my feelings but that'd mean we would've dated for longer so not really

wow, i read everything, makes me wonder what was about him that you liked him so much? He seems like an a**h*le through and through. It was a really toxic relationship and u were blind to all the red flags :( I'm glad u got over it, and I'm sorry about your grandma.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• oh damn i can totally see it, yeah it's high likely that she wanted you to sit next to her. But that's actually something i would actually do too cause these type of things don't look obvious to introverts, only in hindsight

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!