Why is YG sooo slow?

• JYP has two new 4th gen ggs out, Itzy has more songs than blackpink.

Where is the YG NGG and Blackpink comeback?

Its Been 84 Years GIFs | Tenor

YG be like:

Gifs animados de todo un poco - #trivi-amigos | Zootopia sloth, Zootopia,  Sloths funny

how the company is run like they have 10 employees excluding their artists in the building is a joke ;( They really need to get off their high horse. No one wants to wait that long for yg content anymore.

• cause their sales still increase

if a business model works for them, why would they change it

if big delays caused them to lose fans, they'd change in a heartbeat

but instead it gets them more hype so they keep delaying

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• YG has to be the most absurd company, they spend like 500 million won on a flop comeback, won't give their biggest group a comeback, but somehow decided to bring back their problematic hit group from 1967 to have a comeback. wow. and no announcement on a new girl group, we shouldn't be shocked, we know YG hates women.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• YGE is still run according to the whim of Mr. Yang Hyunsuk who nominally left the company but is still influencing it through his lieutenants.

So, nothing gets done till he feels like doing something. YG is already making money distributing BTS albums so Yang Hyunsuk has no incentive to do anything.

• Don't know why nobody has talked about it before.

But I think that YG have a serious resource problem.

The choice or decision a long time ago to only or mostly use inhouse composers and producers has led to a very small pool of producers/songwriters/composers that have to do everything. Add to that the high level of perfectionism/failure anxiety that comes with the particular way that YGE utilises their branding to promote and create an image for each of their groups - and for their company - and you create a perfect storm.

Result: a very low throughput of actually released songs and comebacks, and long hiatuses inbetween.

In short: while their small pool of songwriters/producers/composers is very talented and some of them truly gifted, it still is a small pool that were made responsible for everything to be released.

YGE have impressive talents like GD, Lee Chanhyuk and Teddy, but what they actually need is dozens of people like that on an equal level of gifted talent as they are.

What however truly impresses and awes me is how YG have made it work for them: something that's actually a handicap, a resource shortage that hampers their music production line, they have turned that into a strength by transforming their groups' image into one of exclusivity and elite scarcity - made extra precious and desirable because releases are so rare.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• You already know what it's going to be like for Blackpink..scarce. AKPers def. put a good idea out there around Treasure having at least two comebacks a year with one being sub-unit focused (Rap cypher/singers/KMs/JMs).

If they are having bottleneck issues around quality and production, they should consider solicting more songs for curation and customization.

• most YG trainees left during burning sun, all the major ones at least. and it will prob be august this year, or next year

Doubt it. People don't know shit about YG trainees these days. None of the apparent "major" former YG trainees did anything in Kpop since the bs scandal. The news articles back then were all just piling on YG's misery. Never included any reputable sources.

People didn't know 20 of the 28 Treasure Box trainess and the others were only known because YG already showed them.

• YGE is still run according to the whim of Mr. Yang Hyunsuk who nominally left the company but is still influencing it through his lieutenants.

So, nothing gets done till he feels like doing something. YG is already making money distributing BTS albums so Yang Hyunsuk has no incentive to do anything.

I've been ranting on this for years. Everyone saying YG has no power anymore cause he's not officially in charge but they forget that everyone running that company was probably hired by him, every board member was probably approved by him. 50 year old Korean men with that alpha dog mentality and ginormous egos do not voluntarily give up power, especially with respect to the company they poured their blood, sweat and tears for. Until he is thrown in jail and everyone on the current board and senior management is cleaned out, i will refuse to believe that YGE is anything but a YG company.

The alternative hope or solution is for an even bigger fish to start exerting more influence on YGE operations. Someone like Naver or Hybe or CJ or Kakao. They make YG and YGE look like beggars in comparison.

• YG has to be the most absurd company, they spend like 500 million won on a flop comeback, won't give their biggest group a comeback, but somehow decided to bring back their problematic hit group from 1967 to have a comeback. wow. and no announcement on a new girl group, we shouldn't be shocked, we know YG hates women.

Ahhh ok

In what world was that a flop cb?

• they be busy trying to make a perfect group. At the end of the day they debut as the next gg after who? Blackpink so the gg must be perfect in every way - and that takes time unless you don't want to end like nmixx.

Well as for blackpink - my girls have individual promotions like lisa will be guesting on a chinese show similiar to Americas got talent. Jennie is finally seeing the light of the day and appears apparently on a variety show and jisoo is preparing her solo... my girls also have world tour to do so

Treasure just had a cb (which was a super succesfull cb idc what others say) and they have a concert coming up and they are incredibly busy with their variety content

Big bang - well their cb is written in the stars

Winner - just got back altogether

Ikon- idc honestly (as harsh it sounds)

Yg be so lazy and slow yet people keep an eye on them is pretty much an iconic move

• I've been ranting on this for years. Everyone saying YG has no power anymore cause he's not officially in charge but they forget that everyone running that company was probably hired by him, every board member was probably approved by him. 50 year old Korean men with that alpha dog mentality and ginormous egos do not voluntarily give up power, especially with respect to the company they poured their blood, sweat and tears for. Until he is thrown in jail and everyone on the current board and senior management is cleaned out, i will refuse to believe that YGE is anything but a YG company.

The alternative hope or solution is for an even bigger fish to start exerting more influence on YGE operations. Someone like Naver or Hybe or CJ or Kakao. They make YG and YGE look like beggars in comparison.

I feel your frustration. Nobody in YGE has the power to say no to Mr. Yang Hyunsuk.

Even if he is in jail he will run his business through his lawyer who will put his own liaison to there.

There were rumors that Naver/CJ/Hybe was going to buy YG, but Hyunsuk was buying real estate even from his Seotaiji days so he has lots of cash and is not in any need of new investments.

So this sorry state is unlikely to change much. I have said that BlackPink should cut their ties with YGE when their contract ends, but for those who are stuck in YGE not much can be done about them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!