[Knetz] Why are idols not good at covering YG singers’ songs?

• When I watch music festivals and awards ceremonies at the end of the year, idols always cover SM singers’ songs, but they don’t seem to be good at covering YG singers’ songs

However, I’ve watched ‘Bang Bang Bang’ stages a few times, but I don’t think I’ve seen cover stages of 2NE1’s songs

Songs like ‘I Am The Best’ or Fire are really legendary songs, so I want to see other idols cover them, but no

What is the reason?

1. [+74, -11] It’s hard to bring out YG vibes, they’re just cursed for covering them

2. [+25, -1] Idols are not good at covering YG singers’ songsㅋㅋㅋㅋ The music color is so different

3. [+23, -0] Honestly, I don’t think any female idol can imitate 2NE1’s vibes. Also, the quality of BIGBANG’s songs is so good, and the songs are so popular that if other idols make mistakes, you will feel that they are not as good as the original songs

4. [+17, -0] ‘Bang Bang Bang’ has a lot of covers, right? Stray Kids, and ENHYPEN this time? But I don’t think there are stages that cover 2EN1’s songs

5. [+8, -0] Honestly, only 2NE1 is the best at performing their songs…

Original post (1)

Source

• Companies and groups have distinct vibes in general. So sometimes it’s awkward when groups with different concepts and performance styles perform another groups songs, since we’re so used to the og group style it can be jarring.

• The best Bang x3 cover

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think it was JYP who said during a joint show with YHS that YG songs are made for YG artists...

you can sing the song sure or even give it a different impression but recreating the original "feel" is pretty hard

• The best Bang x3 cover

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Actually it's lipsyc and not Live , they recording the song in the studio and we have some big bang vocal in background

“ < 4 you & her

• The best Bang x3 cover

Actually it's lipsyc and not Live , they recording the song in the studio and we have some big bang vocal in background

“ < 4 you & her

• I have to disagree tons of Idols cover 2NE1 really well

External Content www.youtube.com

and Secret number did a good job even if they weren't really serious

even during PD101

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• The best Bang x3 cover

Exactly. Dreamcatcher always serves :siptear:

• it's because people expect other groups to have same vocal color and flow

so later people say "it doesn't sound the same" lol

• The best Bang x3 cover

Havent heard a female version of it before, its nice even if its pre-recorded / lipsynced.

--

IU doing Bigbang - if you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!