The Queendom complaints are weird as heck

• I can tell you didn't watch Kingdom because that budget cap was a whole scandal from the beginning.

Basically before the show even aired, it came out that half the groups (SF9, BtoB, and iKon) were told that the stage decoration per performance (not the cost for the whole stage) was only $5M won. When they groups arrived to film the first round, companies called foul because the other half (Stray Kids, The Boyz, and Ateez) had stages decoration/props that obviously exceeded the $5M won budget. Mnet tried to claim the groups were reusing props from their online concerts, but they were called out on that lie. Then rumor is the budget cap was lifted. Which is extremely obvious in the second round when everyone went hog wild with props and stage decorations.

And even if that was the cap for the stage, it costs money to rearranged and rerecord these songs and to choregraph these stages. Those are costs that are harder to recoup for the company because they aren't the ones who will be distributing the songs digitally.

Even if a legit comeback costs more money, the companies can already gauge how much money they will make from the comeback long before it actually happens. Queendom was hit or miss with who it helped with Oh My Girl really being the only real winner. Mamamoo did get one of their biggest comebacks immediately after Queendom, but weren't really able to match that afterwards and mostly settled back to the same level they were before (although they did enter into a slowdown with group activities in favor of solo work). gidle and AOA had a bump, but both groups lost big on their investment because both were sidelined by scandals. Lovelyz got absolutely nothing from Queendom and ended up disbanding.

• People overhype the impact of queendom tbh.

especially when people want groups like Kepler as if they weren’t a temporary group these sets cost a shit ton of money and Kepler aren’t coming from a big company, like all the investments will go solely on queendom when they have a minimum chance to hit big, sacrificing one cb for this mess is a dumb decision.

I’m not agree with Itzy participating but at least they are a permanent group.

especially when people want groups like Kepler as if they weren’t a temporary group these sets cost a shit ton of money and Kepler aren’t coming from a big company, like all the investments will go solely on queendom when they have a minimum chance to hit big, sacrificing one cb for this mess is a dumb decision.

Yep and I feel like with live audiences back for the most part, most of these companies are probably looking more toward in person concerts. Like if JYP is smart, they're already working on a small US tour for itzy to kick off around summer instead of worrying about Queendom.

tbh both of you seem to mistake Queendom impact with

mistakes done by agencies post Queendom-era and scandals

Lovelyz - too long hiatus, and overall shitty agency

AOA - scandal with [t/w]

and overall shitty agency

Park Bom - well that was overall waste of 'spot' in line-up even before filming started

Mamamoo - RBW did some bad decisions with ballad in summer, also with all those albums for fans/best of, still they get big growth in sales, all members solos sold well, only problem is that 'Chinese office' scandal which happened and cost them their Chinese fandom/fanbar. But that is also rather considered into agencies mistake than group not gaining anything from Queendom

also I don't like people saying that (G)I-DLE didn't get anything from Queendom where their songs got lots of wins, and also their sales boost was amazing, and once again fault of them being on hiatus ain't Queendom but Soojins scandal

Oh My Girl obviously benefited the most, including CF's, and appearances in hard-to-even-count tv shows

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's true that MMM had a bigger support from the GP but I think you have a misunderstanding of things regarding Mamamoo fandom. In Korea OMG's fandom is bigger than Mamamoo's and on the international scene it was (G)I-DLE who had the biggest fandom. The Mamamoo fandom is not as big as many think, they actually have a very high popularity and a very good image with the GP.

I'm not that sure that was true in 2019. Mamamoo were definitely the most respected and considered the best group of the selection back then.

(G)I-DLE were for sure the most popular group internationally, but since there was no international voting, it didn't matter.

• This.

Honestly everyone but Lovelyz walked away from Queendom as winners in the end. It's up to the groups and their agencies to maintain that momentum and even if you didn't watch the show, you heard about all of the groups competing for good reasons except Lovelyz.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!