Do you prefer "softer" music or "harder-hitting" music?

• I prefer softer, but I like both, depending on song and if it has complexity, if it's listenable, if it's not too repetitive, if the vocals are good, if it feels connected and a lot of other factors.

Again with rap, it depends, if it seems/feels forced, forcely put intoor trying to sound cool, I don't like it much. It just has to fit the song.

Noisy music? I don't even know at thus point what people consider as noisy music. A lot of songs are labeled as noisy. Well it again depends on the song.

A lot of songs that people don't label as noisy often, seem noisy to me, so... It's a expression used very subjectively in kpop.

My preferences don't change if it's a bg or gg.

• I L-UV a hard hitting BEAT that's CAPABLE. That's something a lot of songs I listen to, regardless of being generally harder hitting or soft, have.

I do have problems with "loud" or "noisy" songs with a less than adequate beat. The beat and bassline are like the "backbone" of a song to me. If that's "off", the song either won't stand up or will feel "defective" to my ear.

• I just love good songs, doesn't really matter what genre it is, as long as a song is well done I will listen to it. For example, PTD is 'soft' pop song but its quality is low bottom, so I hate this trashy song with a passion, but Young Forever or TTU or Go Go are also on 'soft' spectrum yet they are amazing. But I have to say that I just realized that there are just no bad 'harder hitting' songs in BTS discography, so maybe that's why I do like that their side more.

I also prefer for voices to sound natural, so excessive noticeable straight to your face autotune is really tiresome for me.

I do like both rap and vocal, I really love good combo of rap and vocal too. Also have to say that in terms of BTS when they have such an outstanding godly rapline I do prefer to actually hear them properly in a song, cause it does make a song so much better and 6 secs is definitely not it at all.

My most fave thing in the world is when 'classic' music mixed with rap. That's why I am so in love with Tear, when I read in article that rapline used melody from highreels I knew it's gonna be a banger.

I don't like remixes, it's very very rare when remix of any song is ok for me.

If to say smth more specific about genres then edm can be a hit or miss for me. And I don't like cute songs if cute songs even can be consider as genre lol

Btw, noisy music for me is kinda equal to a bad made song)

Edited once, last by kirla ().

• Like maybe a more pop or rnb influence vs a hip hop or harder rock influence. What about the rap in songs? Do you prefer rap that is more like singing or more aggressive "spitting" rap? How do you feel about "noisy" music?

Does your preference change if the song is from a bg or gg?

Like maybe a more pop or rnb influence vs a hip hop or harder rock influence - either one is fine doesn't relly matter

rap - definitively more aggressive for me

not a fan of noise music

not particularly

• Softer. I honestly don't know how you young ones can stand heavy, intense music. My daughter has a penchant for it in her car and it drives me insane. It's too loud and hard going imo. I'll go for a soft song any day.

• I prefer hard-hitting, often heavily percussive songs with big vocals - predominantly r&b and hip hop. I'm not interested in soft pop (the intensely ol skool r&b stylings are what got me into kpop in the first place). I don't generally like OST-type ballads and things but I I do like a slow jam like this..

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like I said on the other thread, I'm occasionally a sucker for a really well crafted pop song, particularly if I'm getting the vocals.

I love hip hop - I'm open to all types of flows when it comes to rap. Not every rapper just has to be faster or assertive, there's room for a mellow vibin' flow, which I like in some of my fave Western rappers too, but there just needs to be an actual flow. I think we all know a lot of idol rap is rough.

I certainly prefer r&b in boy and girl groups. I don't think there's a huge difference between what I like in either one. As I said, I love hip hop and "noise music" in kpop just seems to be a synonym for heavily hip hop or rap oriented tracks, so yes, I like it. (But then I grew up on Timbaland and Missy Elliott and Pharrell, so I'm not thrown by unexpected instrumentals. ^^)

I'm a woman.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• kpop made me feel like i had to pick a side lol but it really depends on how I like the songs separately.

When I was a teenager, I was more into indie music or rock/alt rock (you could say the twilight soundtracks and yes it's great whether you like the movies or not!)

Kpop made me lean into pop more but even before, I've started to like rnb, soul and it's something I still enjoy. Not exactly too hard or too soft.

I've became tired of some hard hitting concepts and of some EDM but I still am able to like songs from that range (an example would be Everglow's Pirate)

• Depends on my mood and the group, I like rock, pop, R&B, a little bit of rap(I can’t listen full on rap song, they are too much for me)

Recently I got into more harder hitting song but also more gg? Since Sister/Kara/2ne I didn’t really listen any gg until recently.

:pepe-toilet:

Another new find was NCT. I thought I would like their softer songs more like White night, Limitless, 0 mile but the first songs I fell in love was songs like Mad City, Yestoday, Black on Black. So that’s something new to me. I made a separate “grumpy” playlist because they are perfect for when I want to let the steam out with some heavier music.

:pepemusic:

• I am a rock fan but more like classic rock not really in kpop.

I have no problem with hard hitting tracks either.

r&b, pop>>>>>>>>>>>>hip hop

singing like rap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>aggressive spitting rap

Hip hop and aggressive, spitting rap are the things I dislike most. This type of rap usually feels pretentious, forced and ruins songs for me

And I don't like noisy music either. I prefer melody driven tracks with smooth transitions

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!