why do fans get so triggered about ex-fans

• not something I've dealt with that much but have definitely noticed this behaviour all over the kpop community

kpop fans/fandoms seem to be REALLY harsh about people who state they used to like the same group and be in the fandom but stopped for some reason, even if they explain the reason properly and it makes sense

if its about the negative reason behind their not being a fan anymore, I mean, OBVIOUSLY something negative had to have happened for them to stop being a fan in the first place

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• bc kpop fans are weird and 99% of the time they act like it's an achievement that they unstanned. Instead of being normal and just quietly unstan they have to act like a bitter ex and constantly bring up the fact that they used to stan x group.

06/10/22

giphy.gif

• bc kpop fans are weird and 99% of the time they act like it's an achievement that they unstanned. Instead of being normal and just quietly unstan they have to act like a bitter ex and constantly bring up the fact that they used to stan x group.

feel like you described hardcore stans instead

the ones that only think about kpop all day and base their personalities off of it

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• feel like you described hardcore stans instead

the ones that only think about kpop all day and base their personalities off of it

Hmm maybe since I've seen it mostly on twitter but I also see it on reddit even though they claim to be more mature than twitter stans

06/10/22

giphy.gif

• Hmm maybe since I've seen it mostly on twitter but I also see it on reddit even though they claim to be more mature than twitter stans

well i mean it depends on the context

if its relevant to what they're saying, isnt it normal to mention they used to be a fan?

its not like diehard fans dont let their love for their faves spill out every where

u r m o m g a y

• Coz it feels like they bring in their resignation letter to the fandom when they're not in it anymore and we didn't ask for it. Most of these ex-fans write essays to seek validation from co ex-fans. You don't like the act anymore? Sure, go away.

wait why are people not allowed to comment on anything they used to like in the past?

i havent seen this logic applied to anywhere outside kpop ( although im sure some do )

u r m o m g a y

• Of course, they do. It's the seeking validation from others that annoys me.

hmmm never encountered one like that

maybe there's a point

but then again if its normal to generalize ex-fans negatively, its normal to generalize fandoms too?

u r m o m g a y

• well i mean it depends on the context

if its relevant to what they're saying, isnt it normal to mention they used to be a fan?

its not like diehard fans dont let their love for their faves spill out every where

Nah it's mostly just them being hateful for no reason 😭

06/10/22

giphy.gif

• and moved over to ex-?

betrayal

yeojingun.gif

also, that was a joke

i don't mean to offend anyone, i get why it can be annoying esp when they act like it was such a turning point for the better. like chill its just music.

151866-karina-fake-cry-gif

• not something I've dealt with that much but have definitely noticed this behaviour all over the kpop community

kpop fans/fandoms seem to be REALLY harsh about people who state they used to like the same group and be in the fandom but stopped for some reason, even if they explain the reason properly and it makes sense

if its about the negative reason behind their not being a fan anymore, I mean, OBVIOUSLY something negative had to have happened for them to stop being a fan in the first place

One thing I can think of is that a lot of times, K-Pop fandoms can feel like a second family to some people, especially the more emotionally unstable ones. When someone leaves, even if they don't know them, it feels the same as if a family member was ostracized from the family. Don't know if that made any logical explanation. I guess, as other people have pointed out, it seems unnecessary to them, but I'm fine with people bringing it up, as long as they either don't bring it up 24/7, have valid reasons for leaving or only bring it up when it is relevant. If you keep spamming that you used to like the group and now don't over and over for no reason and won't go into detail why, that can get old fast. Hope that makes sense. Have a great day/night!

Edit: Just wanted to add, I may be in the very small minority that truly doesn't mind the "why I unstanned" videos. Most of the time they are fine because they clearly and logically explain what their issue with the artist is and why they left the fandom. The only time I have problems with those videos is if they get a bit too hateful or negative for me or if they encourage other people to unstan. Please let everyone make their own choices on who to stan and unstan. That's their business, not yours.

• Coz it feels like they bring in their resignation letter to the fandom when they're not in it anymore and we didn't ask for it. Most of these ex-fans write essays to seek validation from co ex-fans. You don't like the act anymore? Sure, go away.

bc kpop fans are weird and 99% of the time they act like it's an achievement that they unstanned. Instead of being normal and just quietly unstan they have to act like a bitter ex and constantly bring up the fact that they used to stan x group.

I cosign these opinions and will add my two cents. When you have to a, mention it for the TENTH TIME that you no longer stan(literaly seeking threads to state for the 42808 time at that too), and b. enter EVERY thread after stating for the TENTH TIME about groups they claim to no longer stan minding their business like a clingy stalker ex, that shit is weird and ONLY happens in kpop. It is a whole level of seeking desperate attention from this weird "I'm not like the other girls" "pick me" energy clout for the ex-stans union/convention/therapy sessions. I no longer stan 2NE1, 2PM, Miss A, Glam, MBLAQ, EXO, and TVXQ. But that shit was years ago and I have moved tf on. You'll see ex-fans claim till this date they no longer stan since 5+ years ago still writing essays and think pieces. That shit is mad weird, for real. And they wear it like a badge or trophy or make that their whole identity.

• like most other groups of people there are ex-fans which are good apples and bad apples

the good ones might completely move on having nothing to do with the group or just became causal listeners...no problems with that

it's the few and always the minority that cause trouble for everyone

• people take them too serious

Id rather give history lessons to babywols rather than wasting my time on ex-fans

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One thing I can think of is that a lot of times, K-Pop fandoms can feel like a second family to some people, especially the more emotionally unstable ones. When someone leaves, even if they don't know them, it feels the same as if a family member was ostracized from the family. Don't know if that made any logical explanation. I guess, as other people have pointed out, it seems unnecessary to them, but I'm fine with people bringing it up, as long as they either don't bring it up 24/7, have valid reasons for leaving or only bring it up when it is relevant. If you keep spamming that you used to like the group and now don't over and over for no reason and won't go into detail why, that can get old fast. Hope that makes sense. Have a great day/night!

Edit: Just wanted to add, I may be in the very small minority that truly doesn't mind the "why I unstanned" videos. Most of the time they are fine because they clearly and logically explain what their issue with the artist is and why they left the fandom. The only time I have problems with those videos is if they get a bit too hateful or negative for me or if they encourage other people to unstan. Please let everyone make their own choices on who to stan and unstan. That's their business, not yours.

well of course im not talking about people who make it a part of their identity

they're mental

but kpop fans do seem oddly triggered by anyone who is an ex-fan at all

maybe just a few examples ive seen but yeah they're all over youtube reddit and even this place sometimes

btw your explanation might be true but it shouldnt be

as a fandom is NOT a family at all

its friendship at most, based on a common interest

and friends are made and unmade, interests are gained and lost all throughout our life

u r m o m g a y

• That's why I don't divulge that information for fear of judgement or hate. I have left some fandoms and groups because I outgrew them. Everyone should be entitled to do as they please without having to resort to fans validation or approval. Some fans are just so immature imo.

• Coz mostly ex fans are so proud

unstanning and shoving to everyones

throat every fucking chance they got.

like okay we get it move tf on.

• I don't mind normal people that unstan. But some ex fans go on and act all mighty about it and it's so annoying. The I unstanned x videos are proof of htat.

(I have unstanned a few groups myself but I don't make that my whole personality and advertise it every where I go. I only talk about it when I am asked).

• Maybe bc they're scared they & other fans might get influenced by such posts and leave the fandom as well? I can't see why else you would be really bothered by them? They are just the same as a non fan who has opinions on your faves. Take their opinions with a grain of salt and do what you enjoy, aka stanning your faves.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• It often seems to be done for attention seeking and approval of whatever fandom the person has moved to so it's kind of irritating. In other non-kpop fandoms, posting long explanations or videos for why you've left a fandom just isn't really done that often because nobody cares that you left or why and it comes off as very "look at me!" and weird when someone makes a huge deal over leaving. Just leave. Nobody cares about your long ass explanation. Stop being weird about it and go.

• Uhm I unstanned some groups, maybe i'm lucky people never pestered me about it

I don't go announcing it, so maybe it helps.

Some people not only unstan, they go everywhere saying they didnt like the latest comeback.

I just stop listening after a point after I stop stanning, I think it's pointless to insist and wait for a miracle to become a stan again.

Like a Boss Baby Imma Boss Baby 모두 다 찢어 Iike brrra

XWQN6MB.png

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!