why doesn't twice do luxury endorsements?

• so people have been questioning why twice does random endorsements like scarlett or now momo doing met instead of luxury brands like other girl group members have done. some of them have even said "well twice doesn't because they can't score brands like that"

but it feels like to me that people have forgotten twice's image. they aren't idols that seem above their fans or are so famous and rich that they're untouchable. their image isn't about being powerful, expensive celebrities.

twice are down to earth, relatable, girl next door idols. they do fan content constantly, they're always reaching out to fans and doing things specifically for them, they promote brands that every day people can do or have. they're not untouchable. they're your friends, your sisters, onces feel very close to them and feel like they know everything about them (despite the reality being very different because how well can you really know an idol?) because that's the exact image they're trying to get across.

and that's why they aren't doing luxury endorsements or modeling for luxury brands. not because they can't, but because they're maintaining their approachable image.

ty for coming to my ted talk <3

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• It's weird to see Kpop stans bragging about their faves luxury endorsements and mock the others groups who don't do it. Twice are really powerful and can have all the brands that they want. It's pretty obvious to me.

idk it's a weird thing to brag about. it's always cool to see kpop idols endorse luxury brands but idols don't need to all follow the same playbook. they have concepts for a reason

ɪ

• People really ignore the concept of having an image and playing into it. This is such a great explanation. Thank you :pepelove1:

• Yes TWICE relatability is a key driver of their entire ethos.

People often forget this.

Their girl next door image is central to their success and why they are loved.

And lol at the idea that TWICE would be "beneath" something or not able to get interest.

They're literally the greatest selling girl group in kpop history, at the top of their game with members who are all the most recognizable, known and top idols going in the industry. You can't get more upper echelon than TWICE.

"Rich" image is not the same thing as positional status or tier.

Edited 2 times, last by emanresu ().

• It’s not 2016 anymore twice are growing up just because you wear LV doesn’t mean you aren’t relatable

They don’t even have an IG acc twice are so...they really have to ask JYP to have an IG acc it’s lowkey embarrassing they are way too grown

LV and Prada are waiting for Nayeon and Sana

i don't disagree! jype is holding them back in a lot of ways, but i also see why they're doing what they're doing.

ɪ

• You can endorse multiple brands at the same time.. Nayeon is endorsing Biotherm which is a skincare brand and less "luxurious" when compared to LV. I agree TWICE doesn't have that exclusive image and never pushed it but that doesn't mean JYPE constantly give them nugu brands when certain high end brands have been sending them gifts since like 2019.

Moreover, when you have their junior group, ITZY, endorsing Adidas and Maybelline, why can't TWICE? Not to mention, they still don't have their personal IGs, hell, they can't even post without their manager's permission.

• I think it has something to do with just how many members are there on Twice.

I can't think of high end brand having a whole group with a LOTS of members as their main endorser for some reason.

With the exception of BTS ofc.

• You can endorse multiple brands at the same time.. Nayeon is endorsing Biotherm which is a skincare brand and less "luxurious" when compared to LV. I agree TWICE doesn't have that exclusive image and never pushed it but that doesn't mean JYPE constantly give them nugu brands when certain high end brands have been sending them gifts since like 2019.

Moreover, when you have their junior group, ITZY, endorsing Adidas and Maybelline, why can't TWICE? Not to mention, they still don't have their personal IGs, hell, they can't even post without their manager's permission.

Wait..is that true? wtf, Does itzy have the same restrictions? (casual fan so I dont really follow up, I just assumed they all had some sort of social media

tbh i think the reason why they're doing "nugu brands" is because they're big in sea countries and they're trying to gain traction there, but idk how true that is.

they have had endorsements for bigger brands, acuve, nintendo, etc.

twice not having their own instagram accounts is a whole other issue that i'm hoping will work itself out during their contract renewal along with more solo work, they've been testing the waters recently and they have subunit songs on the new album, so fingers crossed

ɪ

• I think it has something to do with just how many members are there on Twice.

I can't think of high end brand having a whole group with a LOTS of members as their main endorser for some reason.

With the exception of BTS ofc.

that's true also. since they've been pushed as a group and not every brand wants to hire 9 people. but now that they're doing solo endorsements we'll see what happens

ɪ

• Also I did a quick search, They've endorsed Estee Lauder and Nintendo as well as Nike (in japan)

These are as a group, not including big names that one or two members promote.

I'd rather see endorsements of high end items I will use vs LV fall collection :pepe-tea:

The sauce

• when will people finally understand the artists or company doesn't choose the brands. Twice just doesn't have an international appeal while young girls like ITZY has. Also, ITZY has the girl empowerment image where many international brands like Maybelline are representing. It's really that simple.

Twice's image is cute concept and that doesn't fit in most international brands images.

• Gg can endorse luxury brand without being down to earth and relatable that's such a stupid mindset

Aespa are doing luxury but also everyday brand

And they are always down to earth tonme

i hope next time you can defend your favs against accusatipns of not having luxury brand without having to act like groups who are doung it are some kind of bougie people who feel superior to normal people and doesn't care about their fans

when did i mention aespa or say literally anything negative about them???? lmao go take a chill pill

ɪ

• when will people finally understand the artists or company doesn't choose the brands. Twice just doesn't have an international appeal while young girls like ITZY has. Also, ITZY has the girl empowerment image where many international brands like Maybelline are representing. It's really that simple.

Twice's image is cute concept and that's just fit in most international brands images.

i mean didn't you just kinda agree with me???? that the image has to fit the branding????

ɪ

• tbh i think the reason why they're doing "nugu brands" is because they're big in sea countries and they're trying to gain traction there, but idk how true that is.

they have had endorsements for bigger brands, acuve, nintendo, etc.

twice not having their own instagram accounts is a whole other issue that i'm hoping will work itself out during their contract renewal along with more solo work, they've been testing the waters recently and they have subunit songs on the new album, so fingers crossed

I am pretty sure if TWICE endorsed LV or Prada, they would be available in Philippines or some other SEA country as well.

• Sorry I meant Twice image doesn't fit with international brands. The cute concept doesn't even exist at all in western music industry.

i mean they can do endorsements for international brands, and they have, without those endorsements being promoted in western countries, which they have. 🤷🏻‍♀️

i think it's fair to say what they promote could be limited, but they aren't really "cute" anymore so that's not necessarily the reason.

ɪ

• I am pretty sure if TWICE endorsed LV or Prada, they would be available in Philippines or some other SEA country as well.

you're not wrong. but it still goes back to an approachable vs an untouchable image. i'm not saying jype is right, ofc. idols doing luxury brands can still be down to earth, but i get why they're doing it

ɪ

• Also I did a quick search, They've endorsed Estee Lauder and Nintendo as well as Nike (in japan)

These are as a group, not including big names that one or two members promote.

I'd rather see endorsements of high end items I will use vs LV fall collection :pepe-tea:

The sauce

Ion think Nike & Nintendo are Luxury Brands unless they're endorsing an Nike x Gucci shoes or Limited Edition Jordan.

• Why is luxury brands only seen as successful? Kpop fans probably can’t even afford most of that stuff anyway lol. If a group or idol (or any celeb for that matter) is popular enough to affect sales then it should be almost any company’s aim to sign them up.

SNSD at their peak were the ultimate endorsement machine as they were the biggest group of the era. So you think being of such a high stature they stuck only to the top elite stuff? Wrong! SNSD promoted everything from latest and greatest expensive technology to plain old home furniture anyone could buy and more. They suited a role for anyone and everyone. Their first big endorsement was a small unown fried chicken chain which I bet luxury obsessed kpop fans would laugh at these days and they turned it into a multi million dollar company within a couple years and eventually became one of the biggest chains in Korea. SNSD was responsible for Goobne incredible growth. THAT is why companies hire celebs to promote their products, not for fans to brag about their faves.

• Why is luxury brands only seen as successful? Kpop fans probably can’t even afford most of that stuff anyway lol. If a group or idol (or any celeb for that matter) is popular enough to affect sales then it should be almost any company’s aim to sign them up.

SNSD at their peak were the ultimate endorsement machine as they promoted everything from latest and greatest technology to plain old home furniture. Their first big endorsement was a small fried chicken chain which I bet luxury obsessed kpop fans would laugh at these days and turned it into a multi million dollar company within a couple years and is now one of the biggest chains in Korea. THAT is why companies hire celebs to promote their products, not for fans to brag about their faves.

omggggg I forgot about that

Goobne Chicken Ad Scan | SNSD Korean

and they were big with LG promotions, which Twice has done as well

SNSD at their peak were the ultimate endorsement machine as they promoted everything from latest and greatest technology to plain old home furniture. Their first big endorsement was a small fried chicken chain which I bet luxury obsessed kpop fans would laugh at these days and turned it into a multi million dollar company within a couple years and is now one of the biggest chains in Korea. THAT is why companies hire celebs to promote their products, not for fans to brag about their faves.

i think brave girls got a fried chicken deal soon after rollin went viral and that was a huge deal for them.

fried chicken deals are the true luxury brand!

but yeah you're correct. being paid to endorse brands is success, the brand doesn't matter or make the idols somehow more successful

ɪ

• Who cares if they have luxury brands or not. They getting big money bags from current brands and btw.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• Who cares if they have luxury brands or not. They getting big money bags from current brands and btw.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

these make me laugh bc they both look so serious. i feel like they're going to go fight aliens

ɪ

• i think brave girls got a fried chicken deal soon after rollin went viral and that was a huge deal for them.

fried chicken deals are the true luxury brand!

but yeah you're correct. being paid to endorse brands is success, the brand doesn't matter or make the idols somehow more successful

Exactly. Fried chicken is a big deal in Korea and pays a lot. Any idol would want that (plus free food lol)

Nintendo isn’t a luxury brand but you be pretty fucking stupid to reject a share of Japans biggest company as of 2020 and one of the richest companies in the world. Video games industry is by faaaaaaaar the biggest entertainment sector in the world, bigger than movies and music combined. Some individual games like Fortnite, latest COD games and recently Animal Crossing etc bring in more money than many other entire companies and industries including kpop. Twice nabbed an excellent opportunity with that collab.

• i hope next time you can defend your favs against accusatipns of not having luxury brand without having to act like groups who are doung it are some kind of bougie people who feel superior to normal people and doesn't care about their fans

It’s giving I can’t comprehend and is self absorbed thinking everything revolves around my faves . Wake up

RESIDENT YUNA'S WIFE
    img.gif

APHRODITE OF KPOP: MISS SHIN YUNA

Twice's image is cute concept and that doesn't fit in most international brands images.

Ah yes the same iNtErNaTiOnAl aPpEaL that puts Itzy massively below TWICE in every international metric, makes sense. Also what empowering about being 3-4 years old and still having no writing credits or input into your own music?

Also just so you know companies have booking agents specifically for brand deals.

• This thread contains 74 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!