HERE ARE MY BRUTALLY HONEST OPINIONS ON THE TOP 10 BEST AND WORST KPOP SONGS OF 2021

• I originally did this back in July....Now that 2021 is coming to a close I figured it was time to do it again! This is just for promoted singles that I've heard btw... Prepare for my brutally honest opinions! Some are the same as before but alot has changed... If you get triggered easily, this ain't the thread for you.

:peperun:

Honorable Mentions: Icons by Hot Issue, 0x1 = Lovesong and Loser=Lover by TXT, Don't by eAeon ft. RM, Yours and Supertuna by Jin, All Your Fault by Yugyeom ft. Gray, Secreto by Yezi, Loco by Itzy, Rock With You by Seventeen

Top 10 BEST (no particular order)

Hot Candy by Hot Issue - Yasssssssss these girlies are super underrated! Hope they gain more popularity cause it's deserved. I love their vocals....there is just something about them that is different. This song is catchy af! I have a problem with looping it...This is the group to watch I am telling you!!! Check out their debut album, it is full of bangers!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Butter by BTS - I did not give this song enough justice at first. I always liked it but wasn't obsessed. Over time I realized that this was song of the summer! A follow up to Dynamite, with it being their second English song. I'm obsessed with the chorus! The lyrics are really fun too! Dig the 80s vibes.... Beat slaps! The thing that really made me see just how good this song is was how hype it was during the LA concerts. This song is way better live and was meant for stadiums. Huge hit! Haters can stay pressed.. it deserved its awards!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ASAP by STAYC - I really really like this. Cutesy done right, which most kpop girlies fail to do. So freaking addictive, with crazy replay value! I did not like their debut and kinda wrote them off but if they stick with this vibe they might blow up. This is a group to look out for.

Poison by Pink Fantasy - This song was unexpected but amazing! I am really into the heavy metal vibes. They pull this concept off perfectly. Their vocals are insane too...probably the best I've heard in kpop.

Frost by TXT- I'm sneaking this into the list because it got an MV and special performance video. The hip hop/rock vibe they have going on here is incredible. Best b side of the year! I really hope they put out more songs in this genre cause it suits them really well. This is a banger!!! Honestly one of the coolest songs I've ever heard.

Film Out by BTS - This is such a beautiful song...I can't get over it!!! Only gets better with time. The second half of the song is iconic and some of BTS best. It just keeps hitting you with greatness and gets better and better as the song progresses. Another amazing song to add to the best discography.

Lovers In The Night by Seori - Her voice is soooo angelic. I feel like she could sing anything and make it sound good. Love the vibes of this! Kinda reminds me of Tove Lo. I typically don't like empty choruses but it works with just having the beat here. Great production on this one! Catchy too!

Magic by TXT - BOP BOP BOP BOP BOPPPPPPPPP! I have been obsessed with this song since my very first listen. I love it so much... what a great first English song. Best song from their the Chaos Chapter if you ask me! The replay value is off the charts...TXT don't miss!!!!

I Want U Around by Yugyeom ft. DeVita - What a great match up. Not really familiar with either of them but this is right up my alley. Love chill R&B songs like this! DeVita's voice really elevates the song and compliments Yugyeom's nicely. Could vibe out to this song at any time or day! DeVita tho...what an icon... I need to look into her more cause wow! She snaps on this.

Teardrop by SF9 - I swear they infused crack into this song. Like what sorcery is this?!?! I loveeeeee this vibe. I could listen to it like 100 times in a row and love it just as much each time. They really hit it out of the park with this one! I'm obsessed....halp!

----------------------------------

Dishonorable Mentions: Mafia In The Morning by Itzy, First and Pirate by Everglow, On The Ground by Rose, Thunderous by Stray Kids, My Turn by Cravity, Maverick by The Boyz, Ribbon by BamBam, Don't Call Me by Shinee, Rush Hour by Monsta X

TOP 10 WORST (no particular order)

Lockdown by EPEX - I mean the potential is there I'm sure but this is cringe af....hard to watch. The chorus is so embarrassing like wth were the songwriters thinking. The vocals in the Pre-chorus sound flat. The bridge sounds like a completely different song...shoulda made it into its own record. This is a flop and a half.

Happy Death Day by Xdinary Heroes - Wow their impact! They been out less than a month and already released one of the worst songs of the year. This chorus is freaking garbage. It ruins whatever good might be in this song tbh. This song makes me physically ill....let's hope they don't put anything as bad as this out again. I guess it's only up from here...eeks!

Hot Sauce by NCT Dream - Good lawwwwwd they had a fire beat and totally wasted it! This easily could have been a bop, but that shouting of Hot Sauce took me out! It's annoying af!!! Sounds like a bunch of snot nosed kids shouting into the mic. I just can't... And WTH was that techno bridge???? This should of stayed in the SM basement...never deserved to see the light of day.

Next Level by Aespa - I truly question who actually likes this song. Can't deny that it's a hit but it's honestly just a mess.... I swear I'm listening to 4 songs in one...coulda made an album instead from this one song alone. That beat switch in the middle made no sense. It shoulda been it's own song for real tho...might of been a bop. Bad original song turned into an even worse version.

Vanilla by Lightsum - I was into their pre-debut promo so I was actually pretty interested in their debut. Big mistake!!! This song is bleh! That Vanilla nilla nilla part gives me nightmares. The chorus is one of the most annoying ones I've ever heard. Then they had to make it even worse by adding this terrible techno edm beat in some parts. The bridge and ending was awful. And what was the point of the "rap"??? STOP IT! YOU DON'T NEED TO THROW IN RANDOM CRINGE RAPS.

Xtra by AleXa - I honestly don't know what this company thought putting this song out. There were moments where I thought oh this girls voice is pretty...only to be ruined by lyrics that were cringe to the max. Give this girl a ballad or vocal heavy song. Please please stop with this tired "swaggy" act. It is not it!!! I swear this song sounds like a Cheetah Girls reject from 2003. I cringe just thinking about it...wish I could burn it from my memory. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

Lalisa by LISA - What in the world is this??? Sounds like a Blackpink reject song! It shoulda stayed locked up in the YG dungeon. Money at least had a good beat...this is just trash. There is nothing even remotely redeemable about this song. Very bad and awkward solo debut. The production is awful and the chorus is easily one of the most annoying of the year.

Savage by Aespa - Can you even call this a song? Like what is going on...there's nothing catchy about it and the production is bad. I truly do not get the appeal of this song at all. This honestly might have the most cringe intro to a song I've ever heard. Black Mamba was decent so idk what they are doing with these girls. Please stop with the random high notes it's weird and sounds out of place! This song is even worse than Next Level which I didn't think was possible.

Alcohol Free by Twice - This has to be one of the most lackluster songs I've ever heard...like do people honestly enjoy this??? What a snoozefest. There is nothing good about this song. It might make a decent lullaby...boring!!! The vocals are soooooo bad... like who even approved for this to get released??? This song should of never seen the light of day.

Ring X Ring by Billlie - This song is seriously headache inducing. Sounds like if NCT 127 and Dreamcatcher had the ugliest baby. Just no no no please make it stop. What a horrible debut song. The beat is freaking annoying...just ugh!!! The chorus makes me want to bang my head into a wall. I really hate this song.

Well there you have it folks...Please leave your thoughts below! Also feel free to post your top 10 best and worst songs of 2021. I'm sure our opinions will vary..

:pepe-popcorn:

• ok, so I think it'd be fun to give my opinion as well. ill start with your worst songs cuz :pepe-tea:

Happy Death Day by Xdinary Heroes: didn't get through half the song, dislike it. not my thing

Next Level by Aespa : I never actually listen to it even though I like aespa. never liked the song and I dont think ill ever like it.

Lalisa by LISA : again I just didn't listen to it after the first couple of listens. I dislike it. the rap is nice, i just hate the chorus.

Savage by Aespa : I like it lol. actually I listen to this quite a bit. somehow I really love the chorus?

Alcohol Free by Twice: my favorite release from them this year after the feels. i actually listen to it a lot and was obsessed for a couple of months.

the rest of the songs on the list I never listened to like hotsauce, and the billie eilish group lol.

• Yes, but i always believe K-pop meaning is Pop in korean.

ok, well other people have different definitions. so if u make a list prob u wouldnt include butter then ig. but others would

• BTS is my ult but PTD may be "worst" song of 2021. There may be objectively worse songs, but PTD was the most dissapointing piece of entertainment since like the last season of GoT.

• You should check out the songs you haven't heard. Might find something you like!

• You should check out the songs you haven't heard. Might find something you like!

i should lol

I have listend to some on your best list, like STAYC etc but since im a GG stan I actually tend to not hear alot of bg songs so its interesting to hear some of them.

• Not you ignoring PTD... It should be in the worst song of this year considering your list :pepe-tea:

Anyways, idk how you guys have the brains to do such lists, congrats i guess.. I'm really not good at things like this so i always find interesting when people can organize their likes with a freaking top 10!!

• Not you ignoring PTD... It should be in the worst song of this year considering your list :pepe-tea:

Anyways, idk how you guys have the brains to do such lists, congrats i guess.. I'm really not good at things like this so i always find interesting when people can organize their likes with a freaking top 10!!

It's def not my fave but it's better than those songs in my worst lol. It grew on me over time actually. Was super cute at the concert!

• So I'm hearing you hate women....

That's what you took away from this?

:pepestare:

Anyways....Stan the new wave Hot Issue!

:pepemusic:

• It's def not my fave but it's better than those songs in my worst lol. It grew on me over time actually. Was super cute at the concert!

I think majority of these songs on the "worst" will sound way better at concerts tbh. Actually concerts make songs sound perfect. Speaking on concerts, i miss kpop performances overall with fans :peperain:

• Next Level by Aespa - I truly question who actually likes this song. Can't deny that it's a hit but it's honestly just a mess.... I swear I'm listening to 4 songs in one...coulda made an album instead from this one song alone. That beat switch in the middle made no sense. It shoulda been it's own song for real tho...might of been a bop. Bad original song turned into an even worse version.

i’ll never get how y’all don’t like Next Level

it literally turned be into a MY and it was my most played song of 2021

• What would be in your best? :eyes:

Honorable mentions

full txt album (except some b-sides), bts - ptd (it's cute and cheerful)

fromis_9 - Talk & Talk,,T-ARA - Tiki taka, SOMI - DUMB DUMB, Weeekly - After School, STAYC - ASAP (cute/funny bops , cheered me up)

ENHYPEN - Attention, please/Blockbuster,SF9 - Tear Drop,Cold Bay - LIP, Heize - HAPPEN

BTS - Butter

External Content www.youtube.com

Coldplay X BTS - My Universe

TOMORROW X TOGETHER - Frost

WOODZ - FEEL LIKE

KANG DANIEL - PARANOIA

HOSHI - Spider

D.O. - I'm Gonna Love You (feat. Wonstein)

AKMU - Stupid love song (with Crush)

SEVENTEEN - Rock with you

CL - Tie a Cherry

External Content www.youtube.com

GIGajJgXgAA8Q5P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited once, last by Vivi1388 ().

• This thread contains 169 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!