Fans and non fans, why do you think Enhypen gain sales so fast?

• You can say because of Hybe privilege but they are even making more progress with sales than Txt so it’s more than that. You can say it’s their reality show but that only gives them initial sales, by this album they double the previous album sales. You can say Ni-ki is Japanese but Treasure has 4 times more Japanese members but Treasure’s japanese sales aren’t 4 times Enhypen. You can say it’s Fever going viral but one song cannot make casual listener buy albums. So what is it about them? Is it their talents are more than other groups? Something else?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know, but I do know how they keep getting good R'N'B flavored Pop song production on album after album is beyond typical.

• I know that for newer fans, their discography has really caught a lot of people’s attention. So the answer’s pretty simple really, music. They just have really good music, and they don’t have a single song I can think of that has a “controversial” sound, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it may be part of it.

They also have really appealing visuals, and their dancing is definitely far above average. And for people who know anything about the members, all of them are super likeable.

• Agree on this- it’ a combination of their music, their visuals ( all are pretty goodlooking!) , their skills and likeable personality. I was never a fan of kpop until Enhypen. Then , I became casual fan of BTS , TxT and BP. But I only bought albums of Enhypen , even merchs and online concerts . Never have I ever imagined myself doing that until Enhypen. I was simply just looking for a new show to watch last July this year and stumbled watching i-land . I super like Heeseung that time & then like the rest of the members afterwards . They are so adorable . They have that aura that I cant describe attracting a lot of non kpop fan to stan them. I guess that’s what you call X-factor .

I know that for newer fans, their discography has really caught a lot of people’s attention. So the answer’s pretty simple really, music. They just have really good music, and they don’t have a single song I can think of that has a “controversial” sound, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it may be part of it.

They also have really appealing visuals, and their dancing is definitely far above average. And for people who know anything about the members, all of them are super likeable.

• it is comparable to treasure? they had comeback 10 months ago and their comebacks were too close and 3 single album plus full album but consisting mostly songs from previous three single albums.

and u know whose sales increased the fastest and most from debut its ateez

why treasure?

and about ateez, it makes perfectly sense cause their sales weren't high at first, coming from a small company. the start of ateez and any big 3 group aren't comparable. makes more sense comparing their growth with other groups from big companies

• none of their songs are weird sounding/ controversial tbh so I guess fans have enough trust to buy their albums because they know they aren't going to hate it. I feel like some other 4th gen groups are more hit or miss. And the members are likable (sunoo has my heart)

• why treasure?

and about ateez, it makes perfectly sense cause their sales weren't high at first, coming from a small company. That's not comparable at all

the op is comparing their sales to treasure, that's why i have mentioned treasure

u know coming from small company itself is the biggest barrier to sales growth itself? in the end its not comparable since everyone is coming from different background and situation. Even comparing txt and enhypen doesn't make sense since they are in different situation and going on different path.

• the op is comparing their sales to treasure, that's why i have mentioned treasure

u know coming from small company itself is the biggest barrier to sales growth itself? in the end its not comparable since everyone is coming from different background and situation. Even comparing txt and enhypen doesn't make sense since they are in different situation and going on different path.

oh nvm I didn't see about treasure

but I still don't understand why you're making it a competition between ateez and enhypen when ateez wasn't even mentioned and coming from a small company mostly means you have a low start, if you release good music and decent promotion a group from a small company will obviously grow a lot, is all I'm saying. many groups from small companies grow a lot after their debut. It's less noticeable because they start from being nugus to doing okay, with ateez being an exception and doing more than okay. but mostly comparing the growth of a 3 year old group to the growth of a 1 year old group makes no sense but okay.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• the op is comparing their sales to treasure, that's why i have mentioned treasure

I’m just saying that about Japanese sales to say that having a Japanese member doesn’t guarantee Japanese sales since Treasure have four times the number of Japanese members Enhypen have but their Japanese sales are not 4 times better. Or maybe I should have used examples like even though BTS and Seventeen have no Japanese members, they still sell the most album in Japan this year. Since some people said because Niki is Japanese, that immediately guarantees Japanese sales, which I think is not true.

• oh nvm I didn't see about treasure

but I still don't understand why you're making it a competition between ateez and enhypen when ateez wasn't even mentioned and coming from a small company mostly means you have a low start, if you release good music and decent promotion a group from a small company will obviously grow a lot, is all I'm saying. many groups from small companies grow a lot after their debut. It's less noticeable because they start from being nugus to doing okay, with ateez being an exception and doing more than okay. but mostly it's weird you're comparing the growth of a 3 year old group to the growth of a 1 year old group but okay.

when it comes to comparing i have thought of ateez's growth from debut to after one year (span f 1 year), ofc i am not that stupid to compare to 3 years old group to 1 year old group, there are small company groups who grow after debut a lot but which one of their sales growing like ateez? Ateez was like selling the lowest even among small company groups but eventually surpassed all of em. The reason why i have mentioned ateez is op claiming their sales growing faster than treasure and txt and i was wondering why they haven't considered other groups like ateez, skz, tbz.

• Obviously they got some appeal that's why their fandom is growing at such a high rate. As a non fan I'm really happy for them because ( because i really like sunoo 😝). I hope they break more records next year with sales and charting.

• I’m just saying that about Japanese sales to say that having a Japanese member doesn’t guarantee Japanese sales since Treasure have four times the number of Japanese members Enhypen have but their Japanese sales are not 4 times better. Or maybe I should have used examples like even though BTS and Seventeen have no Japanese members, they still sell the most album in Japan this year. Since some people said because Niki is Japanese, that immediately guarantees Japanese sales, which I think is not true.

To simple answer to that question it's YG. They can't manage groups and they have lost their reputation because of scandals. And anyways YG never had boygroups who have selling power.

• enhypen is the fastest growing boy group in my opinion. Yes, they started big since the beginning but their growth since debut is so rapid and so huge. That's a little off topic about the subject of the thread and more about the latest discussions in here

• I'm laughing at idiots still claiming that their growth is because of I-LAND when they got more fans after B:C than after the show and most of the new fans haven't even watched it. :cryingr:

It's because they have the best music in 4th gen, handsome, likeable and talented members. It's simple.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• This one group that i can't understand why they are popular

maybe you don't watch their contents or musics to get to know them more? maybe you have a prejudice against them? or maybe you just plainly don't give fck about them? because i was like that before ngl. I avoided them until i get bored and decided to watch their group fancam (fever) and i immediately fell in love 😭 then i watched their variety shows and all their contents tbh im sold

• Lol that’s a big assumption to cook up based on nothing. Do all new fans fill a form to show that they have not watched anything from the survival show?? Where are you collecting this data :/

Isn't that a big assumption to state they gained a lot of fans recently because of the show?

I know because I talk to a lot of new fans and read their posts, I haven't seen even one that watched I-LAND, they all became fans because of music and members, some watched the show only after they stanned.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Isn't that a big assumption to state they gained a lot of fans recently because of the show?

I know because I talk to a lot of new fans and read their posts, I haven't seen even one that watched I-LAND, they all became fans because of music and members, some watched the show only after they stanned.

I am not making any assumption. You formed a hypothesis that most fans do not watch the show, and I’m wondering how you know that.

I can either reject your hypothesis or fail to reject it. That’s all.

So you are making this statement based on your own experience. Then your point can easily be debunked if someone says the opposite. Very weak argument ex mom :eyebrowsr:

• I am not making any assumption. You formed a hypothesis that most fans do not watch the show, and I’m wondering how you know that.

I can either reject your hypothesis or fail to reject it. That’s all.

So you are making this statement based on your own experience. Then your point can easily be debunked if someone says the opposite. Very weak argument ex mom :eyebrowsr:

I'm talking about the people who assume it's because of I-lAND. I base my argument on hundreds, if not thousands of fans, the opponents have no basis other than speculations. I also can easily disprove that.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Their music is good and the members are cute and likeable. Granted I haven't watched any fan content since the show. But when I watched the show, it was hard not to root for them, especially my boy Jay.

Their albums are also really nice and cohesive so they've managed to grow quite a sizeable casual fanbase among the hardcore stans.

• I'm talking about the people who assume it's because of I-lAND. I base my argument on hundreds, if not thousands of fans, the opponents have no basis other than speculations. I also can easily disprove that.

Hypothetically speaking it will be difficult to disprove that argument just by looking at current views of the show(if it’s available) on money channel. With some recalls and subtractions it will be easy knowing regular view counts and this kind of objective evidence is way harder to disprove :/

I am just having fun with this convo if you haven’t yet realized lol

• It doesn't show if people watched it before or after becoming fans. It also doesn't show how many viewers became fans after watching it. Go ahead, try and prove it. :clown: I know why new engenes became fans because I'm actually on engene twt and other social media.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Quantitative data beats qualitative data in this case lol

You're so annoying. :pepe-cut: :cryingr:

If there's a pattern in thousands of people, it will repeat in others. It can't be that I coincidentally saw only engenes that became fans because of their music and not the show. It doesn't even make sense that new fans would form through the show because it's not broadcasted now and it's not advertized either, no one talks about it.

sFWYLKc.gif

• You're so annoying. :pepe-cut: :cryingr:

If there's a pattern in thousands of people, it will repeat in others. It can't be that I coincidentally saw only engenes that became fans because of their music and not the show. It doesn't even make sense that new fans would form through the show because it's not broadcasted now and it's not advertized either, no one talks about it.

But people most of the time don’t become fans just because they like the music. It’s the content that makes them fall for the artiste lol

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!