Onces still want Twice renew their contracts with JYP? If that is the case, why?

• I dont get it, for what i saw is there alot of complainings about JYP management. Poor choice of songs for TT, overworking the girls, lack of promotions or just bad promotions, etc. Before i thought the company have some influence in korean population, you know, that they will support a group not matter what only because is from JYP, but it seem like that is not the case.So, why they need JYP now? I dont see why they cant make their own company and keep making music, they still can buy songs from good composers, so that is not a problem. They definitely are going to gain more money since they wont have to share the cake with JYP. There is all win win. Kang Daniel make their own company and it looks like is doing well, so why Twice cant do the same? I believe if fans push these they can making possible.

• if they go to other company they will still need to share with agency, this is how contracts work in kpop

they have different routes but... from former JYP gg's the successful soloist is only one - Sunmi, and she is also under agency so she splits money

the other which cames to mind is Yubin which started her own agency, but can't attract fans anymore, doesn't chart, and doesn't sell well...

if they would like to go solo then whoever would go to P Nation will be a winner

other than that I don't think so...

there is one other option, as girls starting their own sub-label the same way Super Junior has one, they are still under SM but they are doing what they want to do, etc.

it would also be helpful if for example one of members would like to try acting, other would want solo relase, and 4 girls would like to release mini album as sub-unit etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don’t want them to renew but in the other hand what they gonna once they drop JYP

This company sacrificed their solo activities for the sake of money now

I don’t see any of them having a future successful music career maybe they will get brand deals and that’s it

I don’t think a company will take them as 0T9 but who knows

I feel like sometimes they are lowkey brainwashed by jyp thins could have been better if they stand out but I don’t even think they care or are aware that’s it not normal to be overworked like that especially when you are a 6yo Group

• I'm happy with whatever they want. They have given us their all, never slacked off on stage in a single performance and brought their A game to every schedule they had for 6 years now.

I'll wish them well whatever their decison is tbh. Ikw some members like tzuyu and jeongyeon have gotten kinda bad treatment from the company when it comes to styling or promotions. I'm not happy with their management either but if they want to stay or leave that's their wish. I'd be glad if they stayed as 9 forever but at the end of their day they've done more than they should do as idols for us onces.

Desbundar

• Quick and easy reply.

I hate Jyp. Jyp has mismanaged TWICE for near 3 years now. Jyp consistently make horrible decisions and use TWICE as a cash cow.

I want them to resign because I love TWICE and want more years from the, even if its selfish, and imho no group has shown any ability to long term sustain and promote in separate companies.

So the choice is simple, either they renew with a shit company or we pretty much say goodbye to TWICE and I'm not ready for that.

• The only reason for them to resign at this point would be if they get some fantastic deal when it comes to the profit split because if they are going to get overworked they should at least get a bigger cut of the money, otherwise it is pointless to stay on that company.

The company is so greedy they don't even have the decency of giving stock options to employees while being the company that pays the least from the big 4.

• People want them to renew so they don't disband. Shit management or not... Most fans would like the group they like to stay together.

• Tbh, i dont see why they cant make their own company. Is there not other cases of that, besides Kang Daniel? They are still very popular, they can make tours around the globe and make an album per year or something like that. They can go like that for years. Sure, they have to paid JYP for the old songs, but not for the new ones.
    Anyway, atleast we all agree that JYP is a shitty company. :pepelove1:

• Tbh, i dont see why they cant make their own company. Is there not other cases of that, besides Kang Daniel? They are still very popular, they can make tours around the globe and make an album per year or something like that. They can go like that for years. Sure, they have to paid JYP for the old songs, but not for the new ones.
    Anyway, atleast we all agree that JYP is a shitty company. :pepelove1:

I bet it wouldn't be so easy, we don't know what is in their contracts

If they can't keep their own songs and the name Twice, it'd be super hard for them to continue

Also the more members in a group, the more their opinions on what should be done differ

I think this is very unlikely to happen

• Contract resign is prime time for negotiation, JYPE won’t want to get rid of their top money maker and the girls will be able to negotiate some terms with the company like solos, sub units and YouTube channels.

when has that ever happened tho? not to mention jyp might not be that keen to keep them when they have itzy, niziu and the new girl group. kpop companies believe in retiring older groups or giving them less resources once they reach a certain year no matter how many physical albums they can still sell.

• I bet it wouldn't be so easy, we don't know what is in their contracts

If they can't keep their own songs and the name Twice, it'd be super hard for them to continue

Also the more members in a group, the more their opinions on what should be done differ

I think this is very unlikely to happen

Got7 got to keep their name fwiw.

• I don't really follow the situation with Got7 tbh

so can they perform their own songs? Have they had any successful comeback since their departure from JYP?

They released this rather excellent song post JYPE:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As for their own songs, idk. It's not like they can even perform atm. Either/or wouldn't surprise me.

But they DID get to keep their name.

• They released this rather excellent song post JYPE:

As for their own songs, idk. It's not like they can even perform atm. Either/or wouldn't surprise me.

But they DID get to keep their name.

I see ....the situation is quite complicated for them anyway right

Also I've just remembered the group Beast ...they had to change their name to Highlight after leaving their company

It all depends on contract and we know nothing about their contracts so

I just think it's very complicated in general to change companies, stay together and remain successful

1. I like the fact that JYPE, out of all the Big 3 companies, gives their idols the most opportunities to be creatively involved in the songwriting process. It's been very interesting to watch TWICE members' development as songwriters. I think this both helps to grow their appreciation for music as an artform (see how the members discuss tackling new genres and the songwriting process here and here), and provides them a steady secondary skill that can help build their portfolio well into their later careers. Six years into their contract, TWICE members combined have creative credits on just over 40 songs of their 100+ songs. (That may not sound like much, until you realise that most of the other GGs have creative credits in the single digits... I really should get around to updating and re-posting my tracking of Girl Group Creative Development year by year).

• I think, for fans who are success stans, this may not be considered as relevant, because it's not something they can brag about against other fandoms, but in terms of the development and care for an artists' long term career as a musician, I think it's great. What fans often focus on are visible signs of success such as fame and money, but those things may not necessarily be what a serious musical artist appreciates about their job.
      • External Content www.youtube.com

2. I really appreciate how JYP, both the founder and the company, has such as strong focus on the role model aspects of being an idol. They recruit for character, they train for character, and they make sure all their artists learn to contribute meaningfully to society beyond just their performances. I think this is very healthy for an artist - both in terms of curbing arrogance, and also to find deeper meaning in life beyond just living for empty fame and the praise of others. I liked how they sent TWICE to perform at hospitals for charity at the start of their career, and how even now TWICE members are involved in various charity and community initiatives, and the company's dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility partnership with the Make-a-Wish Foundation. For all the accusations that people make about JYP Entertainment being an evil money-grubbing corporation, I wish people would actually see how much time, effort and money the company pours into giving back to society. They're the only company in K-pop I know who even has a CSR division. (And it's not just a TWICE thing too... all JYP artists go through this, so it's definitely a company-wide policy that helps these young adults / teenagers form healthy values that will sustain them throughout life.)

3. I like how the company gives so much free content to their fans. They don't have to do it. In fact, putting out so much original social media content (on Youtube, on Tiktok, on VLive, etc.) actually costs them quite a bit of money and resources, and negligible increase in fame. But they do it because it helps to build relationships with the fans. And it's all free (or ad-supported at most, which is negligible income). 57 Time to TWICE episodes since April last year. Melody Projects and Performance Projects. Behind the Scenes clips. Tiktok dances. Various other performances. I have yet to find any other Kpop girl group's YouTube channel which has as much content as TWICE has. They're fully equal to most of the popular boy groups (BTS, Seventeen, NCT, etc.) in terms of fan engagement content production. And the amazing thing is that this isn't restricted to TWICE alone, but all of JYPE's groups have large amounts of free content for fans. I like a company who is willing to spend tons of money and resources to produce content for fans, just to please them, without asking for money in return.
      • This is why I can never really understand other fans who complain that JYPE should promote TWICE like other companies. Seriously? You want to cut the amount of fan content by more than half, and have to pay for all the YouTube series?
      • Admittedly, this is a selfish reason. One can argue that providing all this fan content is tiring and overworking the girls. They can instead cultivate an aura of unapproachability and being a rare sighting online instead of constantly being engaged. That allows the company to charge for fan content, and not waste members' time on doing unprofitable things. If they didn't have to film so much variety content, they get to go home earlier and rest more in-between album productions. I suppose, if we really care about TWICE's overwork status, we should petition the company to reduce the amount of free content that doesn't add any money to TWICE's pocketbooks. Instead of petitioning the company to reduce the amount of music releases which DO contribute to TWICE's pocketbooks (both as performing / recording artists as well as songwriters). But, for some strange reason, I have yet to see a fan petition to reduce the amount of free content that fans get. Stop letting the fans milk TWICE for free content, JYPE!
    1. I like the fact that JYPE, out of all the Big 3 companies, gives their idols the most opportunities to be creatively involved in the songwriting process. It's been very interesting to watch TWICE members' development as songwriters. I think this both helps to grow their appreciation for music as an artform (see how the members discuss tackling new genres and the songwriting process here and here), and provides them a steady secondary skill that can help build their portfolio well into their later careers. Six years into their contract, TWICE members combined have creative credits on just over 40 songs of their 100+ songs. (That may not sound like much, until you realise that most of the other GGs have creative credits in the single digits... I really should get around to updating and re-posting my tracking of Girl Group Creative Development year by year).

• I think, for fans who are success stans, this may not be considered as relevant, because it's not something they can brag about against other fandoms, but in terms of the development and care for an artists' long term career as a musician, I think it's great. What fans often focus on are visible signs of success such as fame and money, but those things may not necessarily be what a serious musical artist appreciates about their job.

2. I really appreciate how JYP, both the founder and the company, has such as strong focus on the role model aspects of being an idol. They recruit for character, they train for character, and they make sure all their artists learn to contribute meaningfully to society beyond just their performances. I think this is very healthy for an artist - both in terms of curbing arrogance, and also to find deeper meaning in life beyond just living for empty fame and the praise of others. I liked how they sent TWICE to perform at hospitals for charity at the start of their career, and how even now TWICE members are involved in various charity and community initiatives, and the company's dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility partnership with the Make-a-Wish Foundation. For all the accusations that people make about JYP Entertainment being an evil money-grubbing corporation, I wish people would actually see how much time, effort and money the company pours into giving back to society. They're the only company in K-pop I know who even has a CSR division. (And it's not just a TWICE thing too... all JYP artists go through this, so it's definitely a company-wide policy that helps these young adults / teenagers form healthy values that will sustain them throughout life.)

3. I like how the company gives so much free content to their fans. They don't have to do it. In fact, putting out so much original social media content (on Youtube, on Tiktok, on VLive, etc.) actually costs them quite a bit of money and resources, and negligible increase in fame. But they do it because it helps to build relationships with the fans. And it's all free (or ad-supported at most, which is negligible income). 57 Time to TWICE episodes since April last year. Melody Projects and Performance Projects. Behind the Scenes clips. Tiktok dances. Various other performances. I have yet to find any other Kpop girl group's YouTube channel which has as much content as TWICE has. They're fully equal to most of the popular boy groups (BTS, Seventeen, NCT, etc.) in terms of fan engagement content production. And the amazing thing is that this isn't restricted to TWICE alone, but all of JYPE's groups have large amounts of free content for fans. I like a company who is willing to spend tons of money and resources to produce content for fans, just to please them, without asking for money in return.
      • This is why I can never really understand other fans who complain that JYPE should promote TWICE like other companies. Seriously? You want to cut the amount of fan content by more than half, and have to pay for all the YouTube series?
      • Admittedly, this is a selfish reason. One can argue that providing all this fan content is tiring and overworking the girls. They can instead cultivate an aura of unapproachability and being a rare sighting online instead of constantly being engaged. That allows the company to charge for fan content, and not waste members' time on doing unprofitable things. If they didn't have to film so much variety content, they get to go home earlier and rest more in-between album productions. I suppose, if we really care about TWICE's overwork status, we should petition the company to reduce the amount of free content that doesn't add any money to TWICE's pocketbooks. Instead of petitioning the company to reduce the amount of music releases which DO contribute to TWICE's pocketbooks (both as performing / recording artists as well as songwriters). But, for some strange reason, I have yet to see a fan petition to reduce the amount of free content that fans get. Stop letting the fans milk TWICE for free content, JYPE!

Damn you JYP, you have to send one JYP stan to defend your company, DAMN YOU. :ragec:
    Joke aside, all your points can be easily done without the company. You know, to me all this thing about JYP being a nice company is fake. I mean, why most of the idols who where under JYP decide to go if is so just nice company? Dont make sense.

• Damn you JYP, you have to send one JYP stan to defend your company, DAMN YOU. :ragec:
    Joke aside, all your points can be easily done without the company. You know, to me all this thing about JYP being a nice company is fake. I mean, why most of the idols who where under JYP decide to go if is so just nice company? Dont make sense.

You are certainly entitled to believe what you wish. I'm not going to waste my energy trying to convert a random person on the internet to my point of view. I'm simply answering your question of why I want TWICE to renew with JYPE. Because I think it's good for them, and definitely much better than the alternatives.

• i want them to have solo work and less group comebacks. if they can't negotiate for more solo work and more control over their careers, i would rather they didn't renew.

i love twice as a group and i love the members, but i want them to be happy and healthy and successful on their own terms than i want them to stay as a group at any cost.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• I dont get it, for what i saw is there alot of complainings about JYP management. Poor choice of songs for TT, overworking the girls, lack of promotions or just bad promotions, etc. Before i thought the company have some influence in korean population, you know, that they will support a group not matter what only because is from JYP, but it seem like that is not the case.So, why they need JYP now? I dont see why they cant make their own company and keep making music, they still can buy songs from good composers, so that is not a problem. They definitely are going to gain more money since they wont have to share the cake with JYP. There is all win win. Kang Daniel make their own company and it looks like is doing well, so why Twice cant do the same? I believe if fans push these they can making possible.

Dude, it ain't no rocket science. Twice can't be Twice under different agency, their everything is owned by JYP. Capitalism sucks, that's the reality. So not renewing is basically disbanding. Kang Daniel is a person who is known by his name.

• I think, for fans who are success stans, this may not be considered as relevant, because it's not something they can brag about against other fandoms, but in terms of the development and care for an artists' long term career as a musician, I think it's great.

Whatt??? Dude, JYP doesn't even teach his idols how to sing. He makes them all do his favorite half air half sound stuff, which really damages their voices and skills.

• Dude, it ain't no rocket science. Twice can't be Twice under different agency, their everything is owned by JYP. Capitalism sucks, that's the reality. So not renewing is basically disbanding. Kang Daniel is a person who is known by his name.

Well, Got7 keep their name. Twice can make new music and pay for the old music to JYP. And if JYP don't want to, well they can go to the press and accuse JYP of block them. They can try to use the good image that JYP sell against them. For me is better they leave now that are still famous than being kick out when they are not good for the company.

• when has that ever happened tho? not to mention jyp might not be that keen to keep them when they have itzy, niziu and the new girl group. kpop companies believe in retiring older groups or giving them less resources once they reach a certain year no matter how many physical albums they can still sell.

Itzy and NiZi U haven’t even touched Twice’s numbers, Twice had National hit after National hit since cheer up all the way to YOY, Twice are JYPE main money maker they won’t want to let them go so easily especially when they’re just starting to make huge leaps in the western market

1. And all that "freedom" comes down to some credits in b-sides that nobody cares to listen to. If they really wanted to help, they would give them some titles tracks credits, but of course, these are reserved for JYP and his hit songs

2. All the big companies do these types of PR stunt. Not really something unique to the company.

If JYPE really wanted to help people, they wouldn't need to go very far, because they have plenty of employees overworked and underpaid to aid.

3. So they do a lot of free promotion while not getting paid for the majority of that. It's that good?

Even though they could use all that money and time promoting the members, so they can have a career after leaving the group. I know they are supposed to stay as a group forever for the enjoyment of the fans, but maybe they have more ambitions as artists.

• I’d be okay with them renewing if they negotiate significantly better terms.

I think less comebacks and more individual activities would be ideal for them at this point.

• Damn you JYP, you have to send one JYP stan to defend your company, DAMN YOU. :ragec:

JYP propaganda is strong on that one.

• Whatt??? Dude, JYP doesn't even teach his idols how to sing. He makes them all do his favorite half air half sound stuff, which really damages their voices and skills.

Unless they already got trained before entering JYPE (like the DAY6 members) they are doomed from the start.

• Everything has an end, and I would hate more than disbanding, another 7 years of the same conditions, in the last years 2 members have taken hiatus due to their anxiety, that's unusual. Having a Korean comeback and a Japanese comeback at the same time because of whatever reasons they have.

And it makes you think when you know that their older groups haven't renewed contracts with the company and even Sunmi, which has a good friendship with Jyp, said that she would never come back to the company.

• I'm completely divided on this.

I dont want Twice to disband. I'm still seething over Izone. I love watching Time to Twice, i love their songs, whatever faults JYP has, the one thing he has consistently done is make AMAZING music for the group, with a few exceptions here and there lol. More and More, Cry For Me, Alcohol, The Feels, Better, and Scientist are all great songs.

OTOH, i recognize that what is best for my selfish desires may not be what is best for the members. If they dont want to stay at JYPE or if they dont want idol life anymore, how can i in good conscience want them to sign up for another 7 years when their hearts are not in it?

I have a theory that Chaeyoung at least will join TBL if she doesnt extend with JYPE. I think she has the mentality that fits with TBL's music production culture (no slave driving, no coddling, you're treated as a grownup and expected to contribute in every facet of your music to the best of your abilities). I can easily see Somi being the go between and broker of sorts, and Chaeyoung just fits with their soloist culture.

But honestly, my dream for them is bigger than this. If Twice wants to continue as a group but they're not satisfied with JYPE's contract extension offers, i want them ALL at the TBL and to reform as a 10 member GG with Somi as it should have been at the start. This is my second biggest crackpot dream to date. 8|8|

• Itzy and NiZi U haven’t even touched Twice’s numbers, Twice had National hit after National hit since cheer up all the way to YOY, Twice are JYPE main money maker they won’t want to let them go so easily especially when they’re just starting to make huge leaps in the western market

like I said, look at these companies track records. It's a tale as old as time. JYP wont backseat them now but give it a year to three and they definitely will. It's unheard of for a girl group to still be actively getting good promo from their company.

Twice right now think their health matters the most

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Cash Cow....

That's a great point because TWICE are a Cash Cow for JYPE......

Which also means the members themselves are also topping up their Bank Accounts.

BUT will they be Cash Cows if they leave JYPE?

You claim that JYPE mismanaged TWICE then contradict yourself by saying that TWICE are a Cash Cow, HOW can a poorly managed group ever earn wads of money?

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!