The Last Great Era Of Kpop + Why 2021 Kpop Has SUCKED

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I Agree with everything Mera has said in this video and also this comment.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Same here with this video. Tell me what do you think?

^tdlr second spoiler*

• Twicegraphy

Changed the title of the thread from “The Last Great Era Of Kpop/ Why 2021 Kpop Has SUCKED” to “The Last Great Era Of Kpop + Why 2021 Kpop Has SUCKED”.
  • too lazy to watch the videos tho then again i am watching dramas right now

this year aside my faves releasing bops as usual, i have developed interest in svt cus of this song, so 2021 didnt suck for me

External Content youtu.be

• too lazy to watch the videos tho then again i am watching dramas right now

this year aside my faves releasing bops as usual, i have developed interest in svt cus of this song, so 2021 didnt suck for me

External Content youtu.be

I feel the same way with Twice since 2016. Honestly I'm worried who going to fill the void of disbanded girl groups in 4gen...

• But istg people call every single year bad lol

It's like a never-ending cycle of criticizing the present and glorifying the past that's been going on for years.I don't want to invalidate someone's opinions or feelings ,but at times I think that people really complain too much.

• But istg people call every single year bad lol

It's like a never-ending cycle of criticizing the present and glorifying the past that's been going on for years.I don't want to invalidate someone's opinions or feelings ,but at times I think that people really complain too much.

Exactly. People were playing the same "everything is boring. no one is releasing good songs." cards last year and now it's "2020 was iconic!"

• The last great era in K pop for me was 2012 when second gen dominated. I don't agree that this year has been bad for K pop either not when we have had BTS and Aespa. K pop is so subjective imo.

Yes, 2nd gen was the golden era for me too. But it could just be because I'm geriatric, haha.

I think the pandemic put a wrench in things for a lot of companies, they couldn't make any money from touring, so it didn't make sense to release tons of music. Now we're seeing a flood of new groups, 2022 will have a very different feel.

• The last great era for kpop for me personally was circa 2016.

TWICE was becoming Korea's Nation's Girl Group. GFRIEND was shadowing them with their Rough nostalgia and magnificence. BLACKPINK had released their magnum opus STAY. And SNSD was still around.

It was an era of greats doing great things.

As a whole. 2nd gen in general circa 2007-2011ish was my absolute Golden Era. I loved the music then. The groups. The more Asian focus. I wish we could go back to that era.

• Yes, 2nd gen was the golden era for me too. But it could just be because I'm geriatric, haha.

I think the pandemic put a wrench in things for a lot of companies, they couldn't make any money from touring, so it didn't make sense to release tons of music. Now we're seeing a flood of new groups, 2022 will have a very different feel.

This year wasn't a smash but not a flop either.

• well i find 2021 pretty good , we had a lot of strong rookies, GG release tons of good music and boygroups too

i enjoy much more the 2021 release from some BG than i did in 2020

but i'm sorry i can't take seriously the guy from the 2nd video when he counted " Hwaa" as one of the most impactful song of 2021 but didn't count MSG wannabe, butter, lilac,

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Now, now, now, you can't say K-pop sucked when onf released a modern classic now that's just silly

External Content www.youtube.com

• Exactly. People were playing the same "everything is boring. no one is releasing good songs." cards last year and now it's "2020 was iconic!"

I stand by every year being lame since the pandemic started, I miss real fans at music shows and interactions at award shows between groups etc.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!