[knetz react] Alleged photo of BTS using an iPhone while under contract with Samsung catches attention

• AVvXsEj2KaNU7-JLMZrDpDRqhfJ9103JOe2gFhEFQOy7K-ybrCyBeG4Zy7WwGiQ-YMT294l4bwT7BG3nnKn-bdgJOKwmHKm_Gk3EFcZhuQGa5mGFf3KNmkF9bMkp1LZyjciXOJhnSramavwWhlsFrSZ27uw6XoirVNBXLspJhAPtkQQ9l2k4fiuVk26tvwoS-g=s16000

Article: Didn't BTS do that too?

Source: Herald Economy

A new report is alleging that BTS was also disloyal to Samsung while under contract.

Following Blackpink's alleged iPhone scandal that's become a hot topic, attention became focused on whether BTS, who are also currently models for Galaxy actually use Samsung phones.

Last year, BTS was the promotional model for Galaxy S20 series phones and released a 'BTS Edition' phone however, a screenshot of one of their posts is catching attention.

On June 2020, BTS shared a tweet from their official account to mark their 7th anniversary however the words 'Twitter for iPhone' were caught sparking controversy.

AVvXsEjper2WEONdICTnELSYP-HX-9bmKe6Lu2xtAMLDaWceorE2F1XS4mVfcClZuuHpdsI5ku2CFlX0Pz2YwW9_Tt8mxZc0skzbBsk5D-bYZsAdMaLHy3oGaqkwEOng6YFQPDkPGH3GDySIMzP6D-BIh-w_oehH0hEgY6I5gPHoCSswgKxR3p2STLtKngin8w=s16000

The photo revealed that BTS also used an iPhone while under contract however nine minutes later, the tweet was deleted and re-posted using an Android phone.

According to fans, BTS were originally iPhone users, however, they all switched to Samsung phones once they became promotional models for the Galaxy phone.

Meanwhile, opinions are divided over the marketing effect of smartphones featuring celebrities especially following Blackpink's latest iPhone scandal. It could be counterproductive if its known that a celebrity who used to be a promotional model for a phone is using another phone.

An industry source revealed, "celebrity marketing is on the decline compared to the past. In the early days of the smartphone market, we promoted each model with its signature celebrity but recently there's been a growing tendency to promote with ordinary models because a model using a different phone may cause unnecessary controversy and adverse effects to the company."

AVvXsEiWuGNmGk2BmRi1Lb9brLd86ZMJ5fMlYCW3t1VJ9inUrfGEJrqq-4ixPB7RNWtwL-ZFQr3tzQed3P3VzOFIvezRA1we8tpkR9p-zgW3jSp6uF8QeS6YKPmjbZHgXtRr7zq-VVqWv7jOT64GA7ASsjCdH1W2IQBaEdKNhz0DvAG6rfCUn1pM7PkvnF1g8A=s16000

1. [+2,402, -133] When has BTS ever been captured using a competitor product while under contract or after the contract ended? What the ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.
    2. [+1,460, -48] BTS always show respect to the company they're modeling for and make sure to leave zero traces even if they were to ever use a competitor's products. How can you compare them to idols that blatantly post pictures with a competitor product ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.
    3. [+995, -37] Better than chodings who post saying "they barely changed it.."
    4. [+196, -3] Honestly, this isn't a good look for them either..
    5. [+167, -3] They're allowed to use whatever they want even while under contract. But to go on SNS and write to your global fandom that you "barely changed it" is basically saying you were forced to use a product you didn't like. Is there any company that would be ok with a paid model posting something like that? I hope Samsung never uses YG models ever again!
    6. [+130, -2] Huh..? Why are you suddenly mentioning BTS? Ridiculous.
    7. [+93, -3] What kind of article of this? Why bring up BTS while talking about Blackpink's scandal?
    8. [+82, -0] This is why we should stop elevating celebrities like they're such great role models. AI models would never do something like this.
    9. [+57, -1] Samsung even went as far as getting Blackpink their own 'Edition' phone but she wrote "she barely changed it..."
    10. [+23, -2] Why bring up BTS? And Lee Hyori who modeled for the company like decades ago? Gijanim, how much did YG pay you to write this?

Alleged photo of BTS using an iPhone while under contract with Samsung catches attention
    Trending Korean entertainment news from Naver
    dailynaver.blogspot.com

• bts do SO much campaigning for the brands they model for its ridiculous 😂 they really go above and beyond for them so idk why this article was even made but the comments seemed to figure that out.

• "AI models would never do something like this." :angryr: I see the seed is being slowly planted.

I think k reporters have run out of stories because wtf are all these articles recently

• either the comments were picked very biased, but seems even knetz know of bts' good manners with brands

anyway, kmedia/k antis have really been trying bts lately..

• I know for sure there was one BTS pic with an iphone that got taken down then reposted with a sticker covering it.

But it's interesting that people are picking at BTS all of a sudden. I just saw a weird thing about another BTS member earlier today too.

• Lol wut, there is different between using competitor product while under a contract vs use competitor product after year of contract ended.

And look at the comments, 40s Korean men hating on succesful young women is pathetic. Me think :pepe-joy:

• This is so ridiculous. It’s funniest the meme when they used apple while tweeting and armys clowned it. Nothing too serious tbh. Western celebrities are much more shameless.

• it wouldn't have been a problem if Samsung phones weren't trash, even their flagships. They lose over half their value within a year, their in house exynos chip and qualcomm's snapdragon are 2-3 generations behind Apple's bionic chip, they they worse photos. The only thing Samsung has going for them is that they have generous trade in offers and they don't have a walled garden like ios.

• Why do I have the feeling a Samsung official is behind this because they mad iPhone is gaining more traction in Korea than their own phone.

No for real… I know Samsung creates good phones, but when it comes to security IOS is better… I can understand why especially celebrities would like to use it over another phone.

• This is an inaccurate comparison because when BTS has slipped up, they correct it immediately or use an edited photo. I recall one member had a visible iPhone in their photo and you could see that he scribbled out the branding so that it couldn't be seen LOL.

• Have you noticed that as the US concerts get closer, the ridiculous scandals about BTS and the members are starting to increase? :pepe-tea:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Have you noticed that as the US concerts get closer, the ridiculous scandals about BTS and the members are starting to increase? :pepe-tea:

Not the first time antis and reporters ramp things up as soon as the boys are about to leave Korea or are already out of the country. Tiring as hell

• you truly are an army lol what makes you think this isn't a reporter just trying to use a similar article for clicks? There are many of them and the whole bp is disloyal to samsung scandal was already ridiculous enough.

Not agreeing with that shade of that user (seriously unnecessary) but competitive companies sometimes use that trick as an indirect form of attacking the competitor but in this case it is just someone who wants to use the current “scandal“ (it’s not even one) to stir up some bs to gain views and clicks - which means easy money

• An industry source revealed, "celebrity marketing is on the decline compared to the past.

That's bc consumers are giving more value to the product & company brand than the celebrity ambassadorship. Apple usually never has a celebrity advertising their products, yet their phones sell like hot cakes.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• This is why we should stop elevating celebrities like they're such great role models. AI models would never do something like this.

Hmmm I remember seeing this ai get several cf offers. We might laugh now but who knows maybe ai might be the future especially for idol culture. They are easier to control and replace for companies. They will have to split none of the profit. They will not get tired, get into scandals or say no to any deal so maybe ai is the way. That's what the pop industry basically wants a malleable doll that they can replace as soon as possible with the next.

Desbundar

• Interesting. Few similar 'scandals' in a spare of few days, I wonder what's going on.

Also Bangtan are known iphone users (except for Yoongi, he is devoted samsung fan), they've been caught on using it so many times (that's why I find most upvoted comment quite strange, I guess it's damage control from fans, unless translation is off), it's like a going joke in fandom now, so for it to be suddenly 'exposed' is quite strange ngl.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!