Netizens criticize after seeing Snowdrop’s introduction on Disney Plus

• Yeah maybe I didn’t highlight but that’s what I also said in my post before. People should wait until the drama is aired.

But the conclusion stems from North Koreans who lived in the DDR (east Germany) and trained under the military to be spies in Western countries.

It could play out like in Youth of May where the male leads father is part of the oppressing military regime who tortured students by claiming they were spy’s. But he went against his father and even helped the demonstrators and fell in love with someone who struggled because of his father as well.

Like the common male/female lead tragic fated love family connections plot you often see in Kdramas. The theme and background gives a lot of materials for a storyline like this.

• It could play out like in Youth of May where the male leads father is part of the oppressing military regime who tortured students by claiming they where spy’s. But he went against his father and even helped the demonstrators and fell in love with someone who struggled because of his father as well.

Like the common male/female lead tragic fated love family connections plot you often see in Kdramas. The theme and background gives a lot of materials for a storyline like this.

I also do not see the ml romanticizing it. I could imagine someone who got forced to do it (like in reality) and I do not get how people think it is romanticizing it. In WW2 there were people who had similar love stories where they fled and fell in love with someone of the enemy side. I also read that a lot of people opposed the name of one character since it was very similar to a important person. That kind of frustration is understandable but i don’t really get the rest

• I also do not see the ml romanticizing it. I could imagine someone who got forced to do it (like in reality) and I do not get how people think it is romanticizing it. In WW2 there were people who had similar love stories where they fled and fell in love with someone of the enemy side. I also read that a lot of people opposed the name of one character since it was very similar to a important person. That kind of frustration is understandable but i don’t really get the rest

True, it’s the Romeo and Juliet trope and happened pretty often in the darkest period of human history.

It’s not the events that are romanticized, it’s the fact that even during such times people found love and despite their situation, they just wanted to be happy.

I also get the name part, if they aren’t planning a biopic, I don’t think it was necessary to name a character after a real life person. But they changed that, so I don’t see the issue anymore.

• Why they do this ? Why even bother to watch a Vlive of someone you ain’t even a fan of. If they want to see Jimin than wait until he starts his vlive. Jobless people, Suhyun is such a sweetheart!

But I think it’s not just that incident.

• Oh it's on Disney +?! I can't wait to watch.

And please, can we as ifans please stop placing so much importance on Knetz' comments online. It's like going to reddit and thinking the people there represent America.

Safe to say they don't represent most Koreans. Most Koreans are smart enough to distinguish fictionalized historical figures.. it's not a difficult concept.

Why they do this ? Why even bother to watch a Vlive of someone you ain’t even a fan of. If they want to see Jimin than wait until he starts his vlive. Jobless people, Suhyun is such a sweetheart!

But I think it’s not just that incident.

Speechless. Just speechless.

It's been past time for idols to start addressing pervasive behaviors in their fandoms. Silence is condoning it.

YG Family

E_E_fqdVcAcWSUK?format=jpg&name=large

Unapologetic YG stan. I am a fan of all things YG and YG artists and have been for years.

YG Ombudsman: I correct misinformation with facts and numbers, not opinions. Unless I know you I don't read responses to my posts, so don't quote me unless I've conversed with you in the past.

Favorite YG Producers: Rovin, Millennium, Future Bounce

• Speechless. Just speechless.

It's been past time for idols to start addressing pervasive behaviors in their fandoms. Silence is condoning it

They often don’t do that cause the fans are the ones that are securing their income. You know, you don’t want to piss of the hand that feeds you.

• It's not a small portion against it. There were a lot of signatures for blue house to boycott it and they even responded it. It's not a small issue at all.

• and thats exactly what koreans dont want and it will cause even a bigger backlash bc its twisting history!

In real life these two characters are enemy of democracy who sent their fellow students to be tortured and die horribly at the hand of a dictator government.

I hate this type of argument.. its twisting history.

Its based around a time period that doesnt mean it needs to follow history..

Historical dramas dont follow history just because they are based in that time perioud.

Its a drama its not a historical documentary.

• Nah, it doesn't change much unfortunately. It's still based on a real life event, same year and many other similarities, it's not that hard for koreans to put 2 and 2 together. They will be able to dodge a bullet if they changed it up completely but it's still a sensitive topic for them, romanticizing it will only make it worse. Maybe that's why is getting a Disney+ premiere, the producers probably heavily rely on the international audience since it's already in hot waters in SK.

So lets put it on Disney plus which is much smaller then Netflix.. it having a premiere on Disney is the same as what it would have on Netflix there is no difference.

• It's not a small portion against it. There were a lot of signatures for blue house to boycott it and they even responded it. It's not a small issue at all.

I believe it was, what, 100k signatures.

SK has a population of 51 million.

So no, I wouldn't say they speak for Koreans. Koreans made this film afterall.

YG Family

E_E_fqdVcAcWSUK?format=jpg&name=large

Unapologetic YG stan. I am a fan of all things YG and YG artists and have been for years.

YG Ombudsman: I correct misinformation with facts and numbers, not opinions. Unless I know you I don't read responses to my posts, so don't quote me unless I've conversed with you in the past.

Favorite YG Producers: Rovin, Millennium, Future Bounce

• I believe it was, what, 100k signatures.

SK has a population of 51 million.

So no, I wouldn't say they speak for Koreans. Koreans made this film afterall.

It's over 220k signatures and that's without any episode aired. Ya ofc it's not 1 million signatures because it's not a national issue. This is still high for entertainment and got lot of attention. Blue house requires over 200k signatures as mandatory so they can reply to any issue. Joseon exorcist was cancelled and it got the same number of signatures as snowdrop. So anything can happen based on how the episodes go. It's too risky. But hopefully there is nothing controversial in the episodes.

• oh man this plot sounds like abit of a mess

why gotta make a drama that main character is a spy terrorist? even romanticize it?

James Bond?

I mean he is a hero to some, but he could be seen as an imperialist terrorist to others, kind if like some people see the CIA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!