Do you see KPOP companies trying to replicate Aespa's meteoric rise to massive success in the near future?

• The fact that they are a rookie group beating out some of their seniors digitally and physically is super impressive.

So will KPOP companies start looking to AESPA for inspiration for their groups? Will we see several girl groups start developing their own universes and lore a la KWANGYA and start releasing experimental pots and pans music in hopes of recreating Aespa's success?

• Except it's not fair to compare Aespa's success to their seniors, they are from different climates but other than that, it's a possibility.

Their a SM group and people are bound to follow what they started. If that were to happened as someone mentioned, it won't be unique anymore.

The AEs + Kwangya universe works best with Aespa.

• That's a reach imo

Is it really? It's not that uncommon in KPOP. Multiple companies debuted groups with cute concepts after TWICE blew up, then girl crush started being trendy when BP blew up with D4 and teen crush started being popular when ITZY snatched a hit with DALLA DALLA.

With Next Level and now Savage doing really well I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I just don't think that the copycats will execute it as well as the original.

• Well technically EXO started this thing and it got popular. Then other groups started doing it. Doesn’t Loona have a lore?

But I guess Aespa’s success will further popularize it. I love storylines and lores so much so even if doesn’t become unique anymore, I would follow the ones that keep me interested. The thing with aespa that is unique is that their concept started a new genre of combining anime/webtoon/videogames/kpop/kdrama in one lore/storyline.

lt64IYu.gif

• I wouldn't be surprised. There's potential to effectively tell more engaging stories than what SME is currently doing in MVs. I'm glad you brought this up.

A similar topic has been on the backburner in my mind. I've noticed popular guy-group sounds get tweaked into good form by other producers. I don't think girl groups are exempt.

• Is it really? It's not that uncommon in KPOP. Multiple companies debuted groups with cute concepts after TWICE blew up, then girl crush started being trendy when BP blew up with D4 and teen crush started being popular when ITZY snatched a hit with DALLA DALLA.

With Next Level and now Savage doing really well I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I just don't think that the copycats will execute it as well as the original.

This one. These companies will cling to what's trendy and profitable short-term. Not everyone thinks long-term. I see it happen in other industries too, not just KPop

• I think they might try to expand group's concepts to other things like aespa is doing. If a company tries to expand their group to other medias beside music I hope they at least will be original and just take advantage of aespa paving the way for all the criticism they received for trying something new and different.

All the ae, kwangya thing was super risky. It was heavily criticized before we even knew how it would executed. aespa makes it look easy now that they are a beloved group but truth is they received massive negative reaction to them when they started. People literally wrote essays about how everything was problematic before being aware of how it was gonna be played out.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think they might try to expand group's concepts to other things like aespa is doing. If a company tries to expand their group to other medias beside music I hope they at least will be original and just take advantage of aespa paving the way for all the criticism they received for trying something new and different.

All the ae, kwangya thing was super risky. It was heavily criticized before we even knew how it would executed. aespa makes it look easy now that they are a beloved group but truth is they received massive negative reaction to them when they started. People literally wrote essays about how everything was problematic before being aware of how it was gonna be played out.

Right. Maybe other stuff. Which agency started light sticks again and now all groups have one? Things like that. It won't be an exact copy of everything, but if a tactic works, everyone will get on the bandwagon.

I think the only problematic thing I saw people complaining about before was the Aespa Hotel or something, where you can interact with the aes (please correct me if I'm wrong). They were worried people might sexualize Aespa through that.

• Right. Maybe other stuff. Which agency started light sticks again and now, all groups have one? Things like that. It won't be an exact copy of everything, but if a tactic works, everyone will get on the bandwagon.

I think the only problematic thing I saw people complaining about before was the Aespa Hotel or something, where you can interact with the aes (please correct me if I'm wrong). They were worried people might sexualize Aespa through that.

no people were also saying that they'll ise the AE to deepfake them into somethings not really appropriate for a minor

A hotel who never included the AE people just started this rumor to be able to find a way to shit on aespa concept

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• All the ae, kwangya thing was super risky. It was heavily criticized before we even knew how it would executed. aespa makes it look easy now that they are a beloved group but truth is they received massive negative reaction to them when they started. People literally wrote essays about how everything was problematic before being aware of how it was gonna be played out.

This is basically a SM thing. Like they debuted SUJU and SNSD with large number of members, very unheard of that time.

Same thing happened with EXO with their alien/supernatural powers concept and NCT for having unlimited members. To some lesser extent S.E.S, f(x), SHINee and Red Velvet, they were all heavily bashed and criticized.

It's SM thing to be edgy and different but eventually, most of them worked and turns out successful then we'll see others copying this formula.

This is just cycle at this point

• Right. Maybe other stuff. Which agency started light sticks again and now all groups have one? Things like that. It won't be an exact copy of everything, but if a tactic works, everyone will get on the bandwagon.

People also said how it would put terrible pressure on the girls to have counterpart aes, that it would put even more unrealistic beauty standards on them lol, which is kinda funny now in hindsight. They said that this is just another proof of how SM saw their idols as replaceable bots. Yes they were afraid people would sexualize the aes because according SM you will be able to interact with them and create your own avatar in the future. All the criticism got a lot of engagement in social medias. About the hotel thing yes they also criticized this but truth is, literally NO ONE knew how it would be executed just like how it was a surprise to most when the aes was just part of their lore to tell aespa's story and not a main thing like many imagined. Honestly, it was such a massive overreaction. I'm glad I wasn't part of the embarrassment.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• i mean lores arent that unique-

loona and dreamcatcher have really well thought out lore, pretty much every hybe group has a universe attached to it

the only thing new about aespas concept is the sci-fi theme which i dont think is going to catch on

even with ae theres been so many animated versions of kpop idols, and ae hasn't really done anything special yet so idk

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Kpop companies won't be trying replicate Aespa because what their doing isn't unique at all. Even the whole each singer gets an AI to dance with them was done with KDA.

Let's say disregarding that and other factors such as the lore, what can these companies try to company from SM and Aespa, which according to LSM, was inspired by MCU itself?

Here's my idea:

I think they might try to copy the way the lore connects all the groups together (that's how the MCU worked; each movie character had 'akgaes' LOL and when put together in one movie, got both solo stans and group stans to support). I don't know much about other groups but maybe they might have their lore but it's not connected to other groups.

I wanted to add more but my brain isn't functioning that well now. It's nighttime here.

• Many GG's have their own universe or this: loona, dreamcatcher, gwsn. That's it's not really smith new

But is anyone making experimental pots and pans music like they do? When there's a trendy group companies don't only copy the original conceptually but sonically too.

I'll use BP as an example again, those big EDM heavy songs with no chorus are their signature and we saw multiple groups copying that as well once they blew up.

• People also said how it would put terrible pressure on the girls to have counterpart aes, that it would put even more unrealistic beauty standards on them lol, which is kinda funny now in hindsight. They said that this is just another proof of how SM saw their idols as replaceable bots. Yes they were afraid people would sexualize the aes because according SM you will be able to interact with them and create your own avatar in the future. All the criticism got a lot of engagement in social medias. About the hotel thing yes they also criticized this but truth is, literally NO ONE knew how it would be executed just like how it was a surprise to most when the aes was just part of their lore to tell aespa's story and not a main thing like many imagined. Honestly, it was such a massive overreaction. I'm glad I wasn't part of the embarrassment.

There are so many Chicken Littles on social media

• Kpop companies won't be trying replicate Aespa because what their doing isn't unique at all. Even the whole each singer gets an AI to dance with them was done with KDA.

Sure Jan

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not some LOL stans thinking Riot started this trend when it's been in East Asia for awhile now. And Aespa's concept was already planned out back in 2015, 3 years before their knock off virtual group doing Kpoop.

• Well technically EXO started this thing and it got popular. Then other groups started doing it. Doesn’t Loona have a lore?

But I guess Aespa’s success will further popularize it. I love storylines and lores so much so even if doesn’t become unique anymore, I would follow the ones that keep me interested. The thing with aespa that is unique is that their concept started a new genre of combining anime/webtoon/videogames/kpop/kdrama in one lore/storyline.

Remember that LSM is involved in Loona as well.

So it's pretty much LSM vision. Universes, storylines etc etc

• Other company want but at they same time they are scare, SM do it because they are SM. This type concept is super risky for small to medium company to make, the will loss a lots if it fail. SM in other side, if it fail they have other group/business to cover the loss.

• Lmaooo I'm not an LOL stan but anyway GLAM did it in 2012 before them so.... :peperun:

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think there are other ggs who have this universe set up and build up but it didnt blew up as much

tbh Im not sure kwangya is the reason for their popularity either

I fail to see how this refutes my point as nothing is ever truly original or unique in KPOP or in music in general. Going back to TWICE and BP, SNSD and 2NE1 did the whole cute concept\girl crush thing years before them, but they still managed to be the blueprint for many newer groups and revived interest in said concepts due to their massive success.

No one here is claiming that what Aespa are doing is very original or brand new, but you're simply lying if you don't think what Aespa are doing is bringing more awareness and interest to the lore concept and experimental music in general.

+ I assure you no one in Korea knows who or what a K\DA is :foxaylove3:

• People also said how it would put terrible pressure on the girls to have counterpart aes, that it would put even more unrealistic beauty standards on them lol, which is kinda funny now in hindsight. They said that this is just another proof of how SM saw their idols as replaceable bots. Yes they were afraid people would sexualize the aes because according SM you will be able to interact with them and create your own avatar in the future. All the criticism got a lot of engagement in social medias. About the hotel thing yes they also criticized this but truth is, literally NO ONE knew how it would be executed just like how it was a surprise to most when the aes was just part of their lore to tell aespa's story and not a main thing like many imagined. Honestly, it was such a massive overreaction. I'm glad I wasn't part of the embarrassment.

all of that turned out to be such misrepresentation of their intentions with aes

tbh I have seen people bash AEs visuals compare to members lmao

• This thread contains 96 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!