the best 4th gen vocalist is........;

• Bora let's all be honest

no other main vocal of 4th gen can compete with her

stop sleeping on her and vote for her on GP 999, this GG need a strong vocalist like her

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• she’s definitely in the top 10 and massively slept on but it’s more like monday from weeekly, ella from pixy, and the main vocalist from pink fantasy as top 3

then you have like bora, ning ning, goeun, chowon, the other main vocal from chebul (sorry i don’t know her name. it starts with an h) and maybe swan and idk who else filling out 4-10

i hope bora makes it to the end, though! i’m not watching but several friends are and they’re all voting for bora

• she’s definitely in the top 10 and massively slept on but it’s more like monday from weeekly, ella from pixy, and the main vocalist from pink fantasy as top 3

then you have like bora, ning ning, goeun, chowon, the other main vocal from chebul (sorry i don’t know her name. it starts with an h) and maybe swan and idk who else filling out 4-10

i hope bora makes it to the end, though! i’m not watching but several friends are and they’re all voting for bora

Bora let's all be honest

no other main vocal of 4th gen can compete with her

stop sleeping on her and vote for her on GP 999, this GG need a strong vocalist like her

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

wait I...actually disagree ;(

She has super shallow support but she is stable enough to be a main vocal in this day in age, but she's below average overall. Very nice timbre. A good comparison is she's stronger/equal to Chowon from Lightsum who is a weak-to-average vocalist. But in gp999 she does stand out, especially as we know they will not have a chinese main vocal with the low ratings. She's my one pick!

She also has such a nice personality.

gp999 has no super strong vocals if you eliminate all the chinese trainees MNET is not pushing as part of the group. So Bora better debut or the group's gonna have like 1 vocalist. (RIP Kim Chaehyun)

Also that criticism by the judges makes no sense, Bora went higher by accident on practice, she did the right thing on time.

Haeyoon, the other CherBul main vocal is stronger and probably an average vocalist.

(Also weak-to-average and average are pretty harsh ratings but most vocalists fall here)

I think she will get a planet pass for her redemption arc, or barely make it, for drama. That criticism sounded like MNET wanted to find something wrong with her. They really couldn't find much else.

Bora does have my favorite tone in CheBul though :lover4:

• I will miss her for a while in Cherry Bullet but she really deserves to debut in Mnet group.

She sounds great. <3

External Content youtu.be

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• I wanted to talk about great vocalists but you said 4th gen smh

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• It's still Weeekly's Monday for me.

In terms of technicality this is how I would rank 4th gen vocalists

AA+: Yechan. She is a 1993 born idol and has recieved training for much longer than others, but she is 4th.

A/AA: Ningning/Monday (Monday has shown much stronger belting power than Ningning but she is REALLY messy above a certain level, and her masked singer showed it) (Ningning I would say is lower for now but she's cleaner and I literally have 0 content after Maria so I can't tell now)

A: Yunjin, Goeun, Yuri (All very similar levels and I believe Yunjin will be placed here when debut)

A lot of vocalists are A, but there are the strongest.

Craxy's Swan is A, but slightly lower. Some quite impressive duos that are more nugu are here. Aespa's Winter and possibly Karina are on the A spectrum as well, but on different levels. Weekly's lead vocalist is also a lower A. Purple Kiss's Swan may be W-A or A, she seems messy at times and stylistic but she is a good belter and not bad mix. The lowest A I would put here is Lightsum's Nayoung, one of the strongest Cube female vocalists in quite a while. Ella from Pi is also a A? Haeyoon from Cherry Bullet is also an A. Bora is a a low A.

W-A: I'd put Karina here for now, but she's a very strong W-A, and if I hear her again, I'd put her on A if she shows that development. Giselle from Aespa is here. All of Stayc have very little support so they are around here. Everglow's Mia. A LOT of boy group vocalists...yes even Jongho is average but the pool is really bad. Keenho seems promising, the stan twitter guy. All of TXT and Enhypen are underdeveloped.

So my final rank:

(Yechan I have omitted for age)

1/2 Monday-Weekly/Ningning-Aespa

3. Yunjin*** or Goeun-Purple Kiss

4. Yuri- Iz*One

This is where it gets confusing.

5-10

5. Swan-Craxy

6. Denise-Secret Number( overhyped but still a spot on here, she struggles with belts)

7. BVNDIT- Jungwoo

8. Lunarsolar are a nice group and possibly Jian would be here.

9/10 Haeyoon-Chebul/Ella - Pixy

5-10 are all quite close to each other:

Special Mentions:

Weekly's Soeun (good potential)

Aespa's Winter (Seulgi/or slightly stronger because of her opened Bb4s) Best Lead Vocal of 4th

Purple Kiss's Swan she is very stylistic but her mixing is good enough that she is one of the tops.

Aespa's Karina (surprisingly good development with strong A4s)

I don't consider Fromis 4th gen but Jiwon is very strong.

I think CRAXY's Swan and Aespa's Ningning have a chance to go up

The vocalist with the MOST potential is Weekly's Monday, she needs to fix that messy belting and she'll do wonders.

The best vocal line would be:

Aespa>Weekly>> Purple Kiss> BVNDIT/Lunasolar> Chebul

• Ning Ning that high? I would put her maybe above Yuri. Her support isn’t super consistent and her belts are not great tbh. We don’t have enough material for her either which alone shouldn’t make her as high as Monday whom we’ve heard more from.

I also think Fromis_9’s Jiwon deserves a spot on this list despite having regressed quite a bit since Sixteen.

• Ning Ning that high? I would put her maybe above Yuri. Her support isn’t super consistent and her belts are not great tbh. We don’t have enough material for her either which alone shouldn’t make her as high as Monday whom we’ve heard more from.

I also think Fromis_9’s Jiwon deserves a spot on this list despite having regressed quite a bit since Sixteen.

If Fromis_9 was counted at 4th gen, Jiwon would be up there as I mentioned. I thought there was a big gap between Monday and Ningning but Monday was really messy in Masked Singer + some covers she uploaded, while she did really well in Halo with Soeun showing her lower range. Unsure if Ningning has a connected head voice.

I'll actually put a star between the vocalists I am not sure of in terms of material, her mix sounded good for me.

Goeun actually kinda disappointed me ngl, she seemed much stronger on produce but in her covers she doesn't always have strong support. She is still a top contender.

The gap between 1-4 is not big, with Monday on top and Yuri on bottom.

The 4th gen males vocalists, I did think Woojin had potential, he had more support and development by far out of Stray Kids and rip Seungmin. I am not that familiar with with Onewe. Jongho...is still technically messy. There are not many songs showcasing good vocal technique.

Whoever told Taehyun to growl in their songs should stop, it sounds eh at best and it's terrible for his voice. He's going through the actual phase BTS had with Fake Love. He wasn't amazing but this is kinda scary.

Treasure are really overhyped and I don't see any solid technique from them.

There are rumors the SMBG is a band so idek if there will be great vocalists.

• I think if we count 2018 rookies as 4th Gen, then Jiwon counts!

I think nerves got to her in Masked Singer. I'd say the same for Wendy's first attemp tbh. I think the biggest problem with Monday is consistency. She needs to work on that a bit more, but she already has all the basics in place.

Goeun is super overrated imo. She wouldn't even be in my Top 5.

I'm not super familiar with Onewe either, but I saw this guy in Reggie Vu's video and I really liked his technique.

Woojin had potential, I'm sad he didn't get to continue in SKZ, they're def suffering vocally because of it. I haven't heard his solo, I hope he hasn't regressed and is using this time to practice his technique.

I think Yedam is okay for a 4th Gen bg main vocal, but he's weak so that says a lot about the state of male vocalists in this gen lol.

Big Hit needs to invest in some good vocal trainers. Yumi is clearly not cutting it for them. Plus, they keep giving them songs out of their range (I Love You was a strainfest and I say this as someone who really enjoyed the song overall).

Rn, I think the best 4th Gen vocalist is Kim Jaehwan (he debuted after Wanna One in 2019, so I'm counting him lol).

• I voted for her and I surely hope her cell didn't kill her --'

Btw, I don't think Treasure vocal line is overhyped. They aren't as bad as some people make seems here. And let's not forget they are all freaking young and can improve. Jeongwoo, one of their main vocal is only 16.

They're not bashing treasure its literally their vocal range and techniques if they're weak they're weak , I like Irene and Yeri but I know they are weak vocalist People can improve but they're in YG so it'll be a miracle if that happens.

• idk what reference material you used where Ella from Pixy ended up so low but she’s definitely in the top 3, above goeun from purki. honestly wouldn’t put anyone tied with monday. she stands alone

2nd place would be ning ning tied with pixy’s ella.

she has a large supported range, natural vibrato, extreme vocal agility, relaxed throat and jaw, great phrasing and tonality even when she’s live, her mixed voice is balanced, her head voice is connected, her placement is amazing, she’s got a great belt and falsetto, etc.

the one area she lacks the most is resonance, but her technical skill definitely puts her a lot higher than you have her.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!