I had enough of Sunmi playing the bad cop

• She's just coming of as really mean I don't what type of image she's trying to give about herself but it ain't good.

I don't know why every judge on this show is trying to take the role of Bae Yoonjung cuz in her case she was critical but she knew when to praise the contestants.

In Sunmi case she's just critical when it's not even necessary, i was really choked when she told the girls in The eve team that they have strong features so they should stop trying hard wtf was that ?

• y'all hate women (did the same thing to lisa).... the judges ain't your friend. sure she can be overly critical but so is the public who will not hesitate to criticize the girls once the debut. best they hear it from someone who has been through it first

• y'all hate women (did the same thing to lisa).... the judges ain't your friend. sure she can be overly critical but so is the public who will not hesitate to criticize the girls once the debut. best they hear it from someone who has been through it first

One it has nothing to do with the fact that Sunmi is women, two the grils on the show are women too, Sunmi is really mean to the girls for no reason i understand a good criticism but she's over doing it here.

Oh yeah by the way I'm women myself and feminist i would never criticize a woman for the pure fact that she's women

.......tell me you're on stan twitter without actually telling me you're on stan twitter

out of service

Did you watch GP999 episodes?

• One it has nothing to do with the fact that Sunmi is women, two the grils on the show are women too, Sunmi is really mean to the girls for no reason i understand a good criticism but she's over doing it here.

Oh yeah by the way I'm women myself and feminist i would never criticize a woman for the pure fact that she's women

sure sure. just saying it's literally her job to be overly critical and nitpick. not to mention I knowww mnet is editing the criticisms to fit a narrative. they ae definitely leaving out some compliments from judges.

• She's just coming of as really mean I don't what type of image she's trying to give about herself but it ain't good.

I don't know why every judge on this show is trying to take the role of Bae Yoonjung cuz in her case she was critical but she knew when to praise the contestants.

In Sunmi case she's just critical when it's not even necessary, i was really choked when she told the girls in The eve team that they have strong features so they should stop trying hard wtf was that ?

I understand the critical but not necessary stance, but the example you gave seems like a normal critique. She's simply telling the girls that they naturally look strong, and shouldn't try too hard. That seems like valid criticism to me.

She didn't bring down their looks or talents, so how was she mean or rude? Constructive criticism is the only way to grow, and seems to me that you can't tolerate it even when it's not directed at you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

out of service

are you watching the show to say that?

actually, the problem here is that all masters (this is how mentors are named in GP 999) here are playing bad cops...

if you mention Lisa then you know that in Youth with You 2 there was Ella, and there was Cai Xukun as well so they kind of helped maintain the balance.

also Mnet doesn't show us any "teaching" in classes, only some sort of backstage evaluation in class,

here is how proper mentor-student interaction should look... and once again when you mentioned Lisa you also know that she even has shown in online classes, proper dance moves and also had tons of cute interactions with girls and with boys also....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thats if she had actual criticism/praise/how to improve/where your faults are

examples of sunmi's judging this season are:

a. "ah that girl has aura she will do well, that one doesnt"

b. tells people that facial expressions are the most important, supports over reaction from kim doah and myah, over reacts herself, but criticizes the eve members for it

c. says nothing useful, just keeps frowning throughout the episode even when theres nothing to frown about

lisa was still telling the trainees what to do what not to do and fixing their dances.

sunmi keeps contradicting herself and making vague, not useful statements.

the judges as a whole are pretty terrible.

we only see tiffany when mnet needs a 2 second smile or sigh, i forgot the female vocal lady existed, the male one is sunmi but a man so worse, and sunmi is sunmi. they keep making questionable choices and annoying statements.

"the eve had better performance but we expected them to improve"

"dayeon we knew you could make top 9 yourself so we left you out"

the whole show so far has been full of crap

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• True in this show everyone is a bad cop ( Tiffany doesn't come off as too critical ), I've watched tow episodes so far and both of this episodes had judges leave very mean comments and don't get me started on that vocal coach with his weird ass expression

• we you think tiffany has no lines.... she playing good cop but they cut her out duhhh. if you notice most of her comments are nicer. I believe mnet is cutting the compliments out really

• If I didn't find any interesting trainees, I would've stopped watch this show. I've been really annoyed by the judges since episode 1.

• i know she didnt make the comment about dayeon but that coach who said they intentionally left dayeon out....

First, thats disrespectful to Dayeon. If she played by the rules and deserved top 9 she shouldve gotten it.

Second thats disrespectful to the girls in the top 9. That comment immediately puts them into thinking if they were just a replacement for Dayeon's supposedly rightful place and may make some of them doubt their skills and think that they were pity picks or something.

That's also just disrespectful to all other non top 9 contestants- the top 9 are proposed as a standard that they can compare themselves to but are told that its a setup- then who do they look up to?

• I don't watch the show but isn't that whole point for the judges, to be critical? If they not saying an opinion, regardless of you think it's correct or not, then they're simply not doing their job. It's not like Sunmi or Tiffany weren't judged when they were trainees before debuting, they probably got even harsher criticisms from their own companies.

As for Sunmi in particular I guess that's just Mnet editing as usual, she says one thing a bit on the critical side and Mnet highlights it. Tiffany from tweets I've seen barely even appears in the show and the stuff she does say is the usual "do your best" kinda thing which is hard for Mnet to twist. Well at least Mnet can't do her dirty like they tried with Hyoyeon.

• Yep the judges on the show are bad and like you said Tiffany the only good one is barley shown

• I don't watch the show but isn't that whole point for the judges, to be critical? If they not saying an opinion, regardless of you think it's correct or not, then they're simply not doing their job. It's not like Sunmi or Tiffany weren't judged when they were trainees before debuting, they probably got even harsher criticisms from their own companies.

As for Sunmi in particular I guess that's just Mnet editing as usual, she says one thing a bit on the critical side and Mnet highlights it. Tiffany from tweets I've seen barely even appears in the show and the stuff she does say is the usual "do your best" kinda thing which is hard for Mnet to twist. Well at least Mnet can't do her dirty like they tried with Hyoyeon.

The problem in the show is that the judges are only there to criticize they never help the girls improve they're just there to put the girls down, I know that Mnet is known for their evil editing but here they're making easy for Mnet

• I simply think that Sunmi shouldn't be a mentor/judge, I mean no offence, she doesn't have a specific skill where she fully mastered it like for example, Lisa being a dance mentor on YWY is understandable because she has the skills for it while also teaching the trainees the hard way, it brought them the best results they've had. Not saying that Sunmi is untalented, I just think that she doesn't know how to judge despite her being in the industry for more than a decade.

• I simply think that Sunmi shouldn't be a mentor/judge, I mean no offence, she doesn't have a specific skill where she fully mastered it like for example, Lisa being a dance mentor on YWY is understandable because she has the skills for it while also teaching the trainees the hard way, it brought them the best results they've had. Not saying that Sunmi is untalented, I just think that she doesn't know how to judge despite her being in the industry for more than a decade.

I haven't seen Sunmi judging, but some people just aren't cut out for that job. Lisa was very good, she was strict but gave technical advice and lots of encouragement.

• The problem in the show is that the judges are only there to criticize they never help the girls improve they're just there to put the girls down, I know that Mnet is known for their evil editing but here they're making easy for Mnet

But we don't really know if the judges are making mnet life easy or if the directors really do a lot of editing.

Like I said Tiffany barely appears and the only clips I've seen of her is just supportive stuff. She's the opposite of what you're claiming. But that also begs the question is that what's really happening? Does that mean her bad side is edited out? Or maybe she never criticises the trainees? Or its her role given to her on purpose to be the super nice judge? Who knows but at the very least everyone knows Mnet does do a lot of editing to manipulate audiences in a certain way (hence "evil editing") so it's a leap of faith to assume that could be at play her

Same with Sunmi and other judges. For all we know she could be same as positive as Tiffany but that's edited out and only her negative opinions are aired.

I think they wanted to somehow justify that the eve didn't win, probably MNET told her to do something as none of the people on the eve are MNET favorites now. They are pushing Xingqiuo as the Minju and Xiaoting as the ace

• Please it has nothing to do with that fact that she's a women, Sunmi and Tiffany are the only judges that i know on the show so i notice them more

Yeah perhaps, but some of these girls don't even have a trainee experience, so it's better for Sunmi to be demanding and criticize them on air without breaking human rights, cause we all know how it looks behind the scenes in most companies, thicken their skin, make them ready and make them see that it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Besides, she's probably not as mean as she seems cause of the editing

• All the judges are very bad, very biased, make no sense most of the time, not sure if is the editing but i ended hating the judges more than any of the drama mnet made with the girls lol, after this ep. i'm gonna skip anything with the judges

watch the show lmao, the judges make no sense half of the time and they nitpick what they want, there is big inconsistency from performance to performance, there is no criteria and they keep with their life on minor "mistakes" for some teams while ignore mistakes for other teams

I find Sunmi the worst, at least this is what editing showed so far, she's a good idol but she make no sense half of the time as a judge, she complained about The Eve strong facial expressions and went around and praised Pretty U center for her aegyo facial expressions which were over the top too

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!