What if the Irene scandal was set up by SM?

• What if the Irene scandal was set up by SM?

Irene was too big, and red velvet too powerful. So they were direct concurrents of their upcoming girl group like SNSD was for RV in 2014/2015.

They needed to give a blow to the RV mark to build up aespa mark in the best conditions without any concurrents.

And they perfectly knew that Irene is even bigger than RV, at last in Korea. So they put up this scheme to diminish her power through this 'scandal'.

Some people suggested that they debuted aespa to silence this scandal, but what if this scandal is actually directly linked to their debut but more in a planned way. What if this scandal was planned to destroy a group in the aim to better build their new investment?

The first suggestion doesn't seem realistic to me. SM probably planned everything quite seriously concerning aespa's debut and releases. And they have more than enough power and money to silence any bullying going under their roof or also any 'dating' scandal.

I perfectly remember how in 2014, SNSD had at last 3 dating scandal if not more. Yoona, Sooyoung, Fany and Taeyeon. Their data was 'corrupted' lol. And of course right in the year they debuted a new girl group, RV.

In conclusion, I think the same happened concerning Irene as well.

They must perfectly know her personality. How to push her, trigger her and what would make her mad. And they used it against her.

In this case, probably a planned lack of professionalism. And the stylist also took a long video of her and she didn't even saw it. What a makjang lol.

So that's it. That's the thoughts that crossed my mind concerning this case :eyebrowsr:

If this is in anyway true, Irene could actually be the victime there :eyes:

• bluebird1984

Changed the title of the thread from “What if the Irene scandal was a set up by or with SM?” to “What if the Irene scandal was a set up by SM?”.
  • Yes. Or some rich incel in the industry tried to get with Irene and she rejected his advances and he took revenge that way

yeah that could be possible too, but it seems less likely to me... and i think sm would have protected her and buried the affair behind close door.

and i seriously have the intuition that sm is involved in this mess :/

i also have a feeling that sm is taking some revenge on her or something; i could be wrong about that though; maybe she is too unruly i don't know, so they could have also used the story to tame her :/

• bluebird1984

Changed the title of the thread from “What if the Irene scandal was a set up by SM?” to “What if the Irene scandal was set up by SM?”.
  • yeah that could be possible too, but it seems less likely to me... and i think sm would have protected her and buried the affair behind close door.

and i seriously have the intuition that sm is involved in this mess :/

i also have a feeling that sm is taking some revenge on her or something; i could be wrong about that though; maybe she is too unruly i don't know, so they could have also used the story to tame her :/

In Korea men try to be slick and feel up women at company parties. That’s their culture. Irene isn’t a hysterical woman, she’s against a system where she has to fight to get respect, a lot like prison

• I rarely involve in this kinda thread, but after reading this, I can't. This is delusional. Go get some help or go outside more and touch some grass.

• I rarely involve in this kinda thread, but after reading this, I can't. This is delusional. Go get some help or go outside more and touch some grass.

i'm not saying that's what happened;

i'm saying that, that could have probably happened, it's different ...

• I don't know about these insane conspiracies here even by kpop standards, but every idol can do flawed things and this seemed pretty realistic if anything it's the sort of scandal a company wouldn't want on a visual member because it can affect cfs and such.

• I completely disagree. Irene, who was one of my favorite members in RV, almost certainly did have some sort of altercation with many people behind the scenes. This is like one of the controversies I am 100% sure about. You can't bribe Belle of all people, she infact would make more than RV members do at the rate she works with rich business people and raw assets.

In fact, in my country I had heard of Belle long before kpop in the entertainment industry. It doesn't look good to deny it--countless people liked the post. SM insiders also spoke good about Irene though. Both things can be true, Irene could be good to some people and cold to others but it's almost certain she did something extremely wrong to at least one person not affiliated with SM.

However I've chosen to hope that she has changed for the better, as she is promoting again and at least she did apologize, which is what the stylist intended. Does that excuse her actions? No. But it's better than nothing.

SM would not do that type of marketing on Irene. Think about it, Irene was the gp representative, which means she had to be the "model" for RV, including behavior. Honestly if SM wanted to somehow downgrade RV there are tons of easier ways to do it. ESPECIALLY since Jessica's alleged behavior(? SM stan rumors were everywhere) was used against her when she left. Now did Jessica actually do something? IDK but her image didn't help her and SM used that.

ALSO SM had a hand in spreading TARA's rumors, no way would they touch that mess on purpose with Red Velvet.

Very anti-SM

• If Irene was not in SM I would believe it, but SM would 100% NOT do any sort of image damage that way, especially since Isak N Jiyeon, they've been using others to do that to opponents. It blew up in their faces with Irene, did you read some of the comments with TARA's comeback? People are saying what happened to them, and naming names like Big3 and more that slandered them.

In terms of likeliness to do this, I think Starship would be one of the most likely.

• This totally doesnt make sense

I dont think a company would make a scandal that hit its stock price. The management will probably doomed if the shareholders found out. Dating scandal maybe, but a scandal that easily get blown out of proportion and put the group on long hiatus, who is so insane to do that

• I don't know about these insane conspiracies here even by kpop standards, but every idol can do flawed things and this seemed pretty realistic if anything it's the sort of scandal a company wouldn't want on a visual member because it can affect cfs and such.

but i'm saying that even if it was true, sm had all the power to bury it or clean the mess behind closed doors; but they didn't :/

• I've considered a lot of alternative theories.

It is possible that she was getting too big for SM to control, and no one loves control more than music labels. They keep their acts on a tight leash. The scandal was a way to send a message to the idol, letting her know who was really in charge. Now SM might already have their hands on the video/audio and can use it as leverage over her.

It's a lot easier to forgive an idol for gapjil if you just read about it...if you actually see or hear the idol being super out of control, that leaves a far more damaging and lasting impression on the GP.

• This totally doesnt make sense

I dont think a company would make a scandal that hit its stock price. The management will probably doomed if the shareholders found out. Dating scandal maybe, but a scandal that easily get blown out of proportion and put the group on long hiatus, who is so insane to do that

but the thing is, they had already planned building back her image. diminished obviously, just as they need it. because they need a new it girl, younger. (aka aespa)

that's because i think there could be some link between the stylist and sm. they could have paid her and they set up the whole thing together; later on, the stylist even came out and said she forgave Irene and stuff. others stylist came out to defend her too.

it looks like a controlled demolition. and then reconstruction.

• but the thing is, they had already planned building back her image. diminished obviously, just as they need it. because they need a new it girl, younger. (aka aespa)

that's because i think there could be some link between the stylist and sm. they could have paid her and they set up the whole thing together; later on, the stylist even came out and said she forgave Irene and stuff. others stylist came out to defend her too.

it looks like a controlled demolition.

Yoona was way bigger than Irene in her glorious days and SME didn't cause a scandal to her. You would make sense if Irene was the most popular female idol on sme of all time, but she isn't.

• Yoona was way bigger than Irene in her glorious days and SME didn't cause a scandal to her. You would make sense if Irene was the most popular female idol on sme of all time, but she isn't.

Yoona's glorious days had already ended in 2014 in SK, Taeyeon took over her. As an SNSD member i'm saying. As an actress that's another story.

Moreover SNSD mark was clearly bigger than Yoona mark. That's why they didn't only reveal her dating january 2014, but also the dating of 3 other member which was honestly a blow to the group;

and let's not forget the MrMr mess please...It was a nightmare.

It's the opposite with Irene. Girl is bigger than her group. The undisputed top beauty in SK. There is no Suzy against her. She was Yoona, Suzy and Sully in one. That's how big she was.

• Yoona in her glorious days is what I said.. i didn't ask who overcome her kkk i know Taeyeon is at the top.

Irene also wasn't the "biggest" Hwasa and Jennie were already big too. So you still don't make sense... and causing a scandal like this?? Nope. This was her "character" unfortunately, not a company play.

But for real, it's time to move on. She already apologized and i think she is the one who wants to move on the most, but some fans really are still doing the most to change the story and always bring this subject... anyways, Irene wasn't becoming that big to be sabotaged.

• Why is Irene always the victim in all of this? :/

i'm saying if my thoughts are true, she would end up being the victim of an sm schem.

it's just an if it did. I'm not saying it did. i don't have any empirical evidence for it. i'm not the police or the FBI lol :clown:

but it all looks way too shady for all the reasons I listed.

• yes but in 2014 she was not in her glorious days; that's when sm started to plan the SNSD sabotage in the aim to build a new name (RV). it's just their tactics.

irene is the biggest as a visual; as stars those two you listed are huge too of course.

also sm has no power to destroy their brand. they sabotage what they can;

they want a new, younger Irene that's why.

• I was joking kkkk you said SME had all power to stop this scandal of "going out" and i joked saying that it's bc they didn't have the "victim" insta password as it was from her insta that everything started kkkkk

honestly it's quite old and i haven't followed the matter that closely. I remember the hashtags and stuff..

anyway, the kpop stars are under tight scrutiny; their agencies and more specifically sm knows what their doing, specially at work. sm staff would have not seen some stylist allegedly filming irene screaming? sounds ridiculous. what was it, some secret agent cam or something?

if this was a real problem they would have solved it behind closed doors.

but the stylist would have asked public apologies by starting to destroy her image... Irene had no other choice but to apologize and sm probably asked her to do it.

Where are the proofs by the way? Was there a police investigation done about the matter? I'm honestly curious :/

It is possible that she was getting too big for SM to control, and no one loves control more than music labels. They keep their acts on a tight leash. The scandal was a way to send a message to the idol, letting her know who was really in charge. Now SM might already have their hands on the video/audio and can use it as leverage over her.

It's a lot easier to forgive an idol for gapjil if you just read about it...if you actually see or hear the idol being super out of control, that leaves a far more damaging and lasting impression on the GP.

I also thought about that. Irene can be quite unruly at times, disobeying sm orders and stuff like when she celebrated wendy's birthday at a concert in canada when sm forbid them to do it.

This also felt like a sort of Irene taming by sm :/

Now the girl is traumatized, she's all quiet and shy.

that's exactly what I thought at some point lol kind of what happened with Jessica

but of course we'll never know lol

• This thread contains 83 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!