good vocals aren't important if you don't sing live

• I stan group who sing live. STAN TREASURE!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My faves can't relate to lipsync

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In the West, it is an expectation. Some still do lip-sync if they are doing a lot on stage. I've been waiting for K-Pop groups to do more live, less backtracked singing a lot more often for a minute.

• Honestly think there’s something in this. 4th gen have much weaker vocals on average than older groups and lipsync has also become the norm. If you barely ever sing live good vocals aren’t nearly as important. Shaky and weak vocals used to effect performance quality in an obvious way but if you lipsync that’s obviously a none issue. Also think that’s why it’s less common to see main vocals as the most popular member now compared to the 2nd gen.

• Sing live. You are a vocalist whose job is to sing. If not what else are you doing in the music industry?

I can understand if they have no control or input in their stage performances. But if it’s the artistes who don’t wanna sing live, I will feel cheated out of my money if I ever go for their concerts.

Anybody with an average voice will sound good after their vocals are well tuned during recordings. The only time fans can appreciate their vocals is when it’s live.

And I’ll rather hear my faves’ voice cracks. At least they make an effort to sing to their fans :yesr:

• True.

At the same time, most people like me only listen to recorded music so why should I care if they can sing good "live"?

But of cource I want them to be good live singers, it's just it's not very important for me.

It can sometimes be a bit fun to listen to older live perfomance when it was live and the techonlogy was not as good as it was today. You can get two reactions "Holy crap this sounds bad" or "Oh how nice to have geniun live vocals". Too often it sounded pretty bad.....

• Ugh I agree and I’m so disappointed that vocals aren’t even a main thing anymore ??? Like I’m here to listen to music, but some can’t even sing like girl when I can hit the notes better I get so put off the group lmao and this lip syncing shit removes the novelty and it becomes boring, like yeah it’s nice to watch performances but I wanna hear some harmonies, some adlibs, but they can’t even do that cos they can’t sing and have to lip sync

• Ugh I agree and I’m so disappointed that vocals aren’t even a main thing anymore ??? Like I’m here to listen to music, but some can’t even sing like girl when I can hit the notes better I get so put off the group lmao and this lip syncing shit removes the novelty and it becomes boring, like yeah it’s nice to watch performances but I wanna hear some harmonies, some adlibs, but they can’t even do that cos they can’t sing and have to lip sync

Let poor me promote my boys. Stan TREASURE. Their vocals are amazing.

• Completely agree! thats why I wait to here a groups encore/ live to see if they can really sing or if they're famous for being pretty/ handsome. So far the groups ive seen that can actually sing are: (active groups won't mention all)

- Red velvet

- Mamamoo

- Gfriend

- NCT

- Blackpink

- aespa

- treasure

- secret number

- weekly

- enhypen

- Ateez

-Izone

- Apink

- Everglow

-oh my girl

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Is it about never singing live or lip syncing now and then? Because the latter applies to all groups (except maybe vocal focused groups or those with few content) no matter how their fans like to believe otherwise.

if you’re talking about groups who lip sync all the time and can’t sing live (which doesn’t make sense since good vocals allow you to sing with comfort so if they have good vocals they will be able to sing duh) there aren’t anyone I know tbh. There are those with not so good vocals that tend to lip sync but they also sang live before (obviously not great at it because again..duh..not having good vocals”)

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!