Why JYP struggle to make relevant idol among the public ???

• Disclaimer : i'm not talking about after twice Groups considering that none of his idols had any individual schedules to have recognition as individual in the public

I really notice this

why JYP struggle to make relevant idol as individual compare to other companies ?

his only relevant idols were sunmi and Suzy , even if he used to give to all his idols a lot of individual activities none of them are relevant in korea why ?

Among 2PM only Taecyeon seems to do well now, all the other members just seem to disappear

meanwhile if you compare with other groups who promote around their time

Ze:A a group who was less popular, have kwanghee, Siwan, Hyungsik, Dongjun who are still very relevant in korea

Super junior members are still everywhere in korea even after all their controversy

Big bang members are also doing well now ( besides Seungri)

same for Miss A, only Suzy is relevant, Min just disappear , fei tried in korea but flopped, and now fei and jia are promoting in china

In comparison Apink members have great solo career

same for sistar Members

and same for F(x) Members who generally stayed more relevant than the other members of Miss A

it's even the same thing for one of JYP biggest GG , Wonder girls, where only Sunmi is now relevant in korea ( i don't count hyuna considering that the solo activities that hyuna made and made her relevant in korea wasn't thanks to JYP but thanks to Cube)

Sohee is struggling in her acting career

yeeun flop with her musical career even with all her release

and same thing for yubin and lim

meanwhile in kara Jiyoung and seugyeon seems to have good acting career

2NE1 members besides Minzy have successfull solo career

SNSD members are all successfull individually

meanwhile even T-ara members with their bullying accusation, seems to have more busy career

What in your opinion make you think that even with all the individual activities JYP gave to his previous idols, he always struggle to build them as relevant individual in the entertainement ?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• He himself is the most relevant idol eternally. The ratings for shows go up when he's gonna be there. He's huge with the older gen as an artist and with the younger gen as well jyp.

Desbundar

• Baddest b in kpop lol

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• Absolutely shitty management on an individual nlevel and probably some kind of philosophy of group > individual almost always.

With JYP I see that he/company values group over everything, even at the cost of individual idols. That can be a good especially in the beginning but sometimes if you have certain popular individuals then you gotta make the most of them otherwise you run the risk of missing out of even losing them. The key however is balance: you cant go in one extreme over the other.

Suzy is one extreme. Once she got popular she basically superceded her group, they played second fiddle to her activities and Miss A never really recovered from that. Why would members stay in when their group career revolves around 1 member, not to mention they likely have a better shot individually in China than as a group in Korea?

WG was the other extreme, very little individual activities to the point where members don't have much of a solid solo career during most of their idol career, hell some even left because of that reason like Sohee (acting). Twice for now is following the WG path. Sunmi is an exception, she left WG for a while, got hugely popular as a solo then rejoined WG so she doesn't fit in either management style.

The stupid thing its not hard to balance group Vs individual as many groups have shown, you have to learn to adapt. SNSD being one of the best examples. Very early on Taeyeon and Yoona were IT girls and they had their own popularity and succes as solos but SNSD was always still the main priority, they never became another Miss Suzy situation. On the other end less popular members like Hyoyeon or Sooyoung weren't as active initially but because of their success and brand power as SNSD they had easier time to get into things they wanted to do, Hyoyeon quickly became a variety hit and Sooyoung was getting into drama and TV work. Soon after both were hitting their strides and having successful careers without needing SNSD brand attached to them at all.

• Maybe JYP as a company doesn't put much focus on individual. It's nowhere close to as profitable as group related activities. I think it's their general company strategy.

If we look at their financials, they have the biggest profit margins (a percentage of profit vs sales) compared to the other 3 large companies. A big reason for that is because their costs are the lowest as almost all of their idols are on their first contract. (they pay their idols the least compared to YG and SM.. this is directly from financial reports) Second contracts and beyond are much more favorable to the idol than the company.

• *Cough*... Yup, this idol formed and made by JYP really struggled a lot to be relevant to the public...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

He values the group over everything, there is no balance between solo activities and group activities. So people may know the group in question, but that's all. Many of their idols have 0 identity outside of the group because of how restrictive JYP is.

This is why JYP has the worst renewal rate out of the big 3, if you want a successful solo career then JYP is not the place to go. One example, Baek Yerin actually became more popular and more successful when she left JYP compared to when she was still under JYP.

I also think SNSD was a perfect example of balancing solo activities with group activities. The members would get some solo activities on the side but SNSD as a group was still the #1 priority. You can also see this with other groups as well(like GIDLE, Oh My Girl, etc), they all get solo activities but nobody overshadows the whole group. When the group disbands, the members will most likely do well on their own because they have established their own identity and brand outside of the group..

JYPE just needs to learn how to find the perfect balance and there will be no issue.

• Agreed and honestly I think JYPE just doesn't want to invest in individual members. They are one of the biggest companies there, they can easily recruit expertise in that area if they wanted to, but they just don't. I think their approach is to keep on debuting groups, milk them for everything in their first contract, then start again. They have a really good cookie cutter formula to do this and it is much less risk. Keeps the money rolling in.

• Agreed and honestly I think JYPE just doesn't want to invest in individual members. They are one of the biggest companies there, they can easily recruit expertise in that area if they wanted to, but they just don't. I think their approach is to keep on debuting groups, milk them for everything in their first contract, then start again. They have a really good cookie cutter formula to do this and it is much less risk. Keeps the money rolling in.

Sucks for their idols, though.

I mean, I’m pretty sure that some (if not all) of the idols in the company wants to have a career after their contract is done. Let’s be honest, idol lifespan is very short. By around 30 or so (with some exceptions), they are “expected” to retire. Some might be satisfied with the money they’ve earned and leave the entertainment industry, but others would want to go on and have a solo career. It’s more of a struggle to establish this when you come from a JYP group than from other companys, who’s idol already start paving the way for their solo careers while still with their groups.

• I mean, I’m pretty sure that some (if not all) of the idols in the company wants to have a career after their contract is done

Plus let's be honest none of the idols dream is to be in a group forever

idol group are just a platform for them to get some recognition and popularity and have a foot in the industry to pursue their real dreams which is to have an acting career or being a soloist or being a variety show star

• Sucks for their idols, though.

I mean, I’m pretty sure that some (if not all) of the idols in the company wants to have a career after their contract is done. Let’s be honest, idol lifespan is very short. By around 30 or so (with some exceptions), they are “expected” to retire. Some might be satisfied with the money they’ve earned and leave the entertainment industry, but others would want to go on and have a solo career. It’s more of a struggle to establish this when you come from a JYP group than from other companys, who’s idol already start paving the way for their solo careers while still with their groups.

For sure it does suck, but I’m guessing jype is upfront with them before signing a contract so the idols know what they signed up for. The almost guaranteed success is hard to turn down.

• Which company have more than 2 members who are well known in the Korean public?

Even your fave entertainment don't have a group.

Only bigbang and BTS have 3 or more members who are well known in the General public.

• Which company have more than 2 members who are well known in the Korean public?

Even your fave entertainment don't have a group.

Only bigbang and BTS have 3 or more members who are well known in the General public.

at least make some research before talking for nothing

a lot of 2nd gen group , 3rd gen have members who are well know of the general public

top 3 3rd gen gg

SNSD every member are well know among the public '-'

• Lack of efforts un individual activities don't help. Taecyeon and Junho for example do well because of their acting ( though Taecyeon is technically not in JYPE anymore. But to simply put it, they really don't put efforts into trying to put their artists out there more individually, which could help strengthen their brands on the long run

• For sure it does suck, but I’m guessing jype is upfront with them before signing a contract so the idols know what they signed up for. The almost guaranteed success is hard to turn down.

Yes, very upfront. Sign the contract and become an idol or leave

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!