Would you prefer a cruise ship or fancy ass train trip?

• It's a fancy train for me, honestly. I think I have Thalassophobia (the fear of oceans), so the train is better. Besides being Thalassophobic, I'm sure that more than 70 percent of my trips are railway trips. You know, living in Germany and having access to railway services online make the work easier. You'll understand what I mean if you've ever used https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ for travel. Nevertheless, I still want to see myself on a ship since I've never been on it. I guess I just have to work on my phobias. It can be a short cruise, idc.

• Parents and I went on a Cruise and it was an amazing experience. Five Star Restaurant Dinners every night. Live Shows, current Movies, Auctions, Gambling, Disco, Comedy stand ups, Reality Game Shows and all the Physical Activities. So much to do all the time from early Morning to late Night.

One of the 'most bang for the Buck' Vacations. $100-$300 day for a Five Star experience with everything included. Alcohol Drinks are extra.

https://www.seascanner.com/cruises-taiwan

Edited once, last by 4NIA4 ().

• Parents and I went on a Cruise and it was an amazing experience. Five Star Restaurant Dinners every night. Live Shows, current Movies, Auctions, Gambling, Disco, Comedy stand ups, Reality Game Shows and all the Physical Activities. So much to do all the time from early Morning to late Night.

One of the 'most bang for the Buck' Vacations. $100-$300 day for a Five Star experience with everything included. Alcohol Drinks are extra.

https://www.seascanner.com/cruises-taiwan

Never got on a cruise ship. seen love boat sailing to Acapulco on tv.

Wonder how it'd be like like as ship came across a storm or crazy waves people got dizzy n stuff , anything like that in your trip?

Sea scanner's 4 day package between Taiwan and Okinawa Japan looks good, perhaps can bump into USS big ass

F-18 carriers and their buddies. They showed up not far from here lot more often lately.

• I've done both. Mediterranean cruise. Didn't get much out of the ship cause we were too busy doing excursions. Lots of older people' Also cruised the Caribbean. Did the Orient Express from London to Venice and the one that takes you through England. LOVED staying overnight on the train for the first one. I felt like I stepped back in time, got fed amazing meals, and read my books, listened to music. Lots of older people, but it didn't bother me cause I liked the train so much. I liked just feeling like I got away from it all.

• Official Post

Depends on the destination tbh

I'd much rather go on like a train trip through Europe than a cruise to the Caribbean or something.

• Yeah we're getting news of Navy ships in your area. Bet if you go fishing in the Taiwan Straight might snag a few US Attack Submarines. Their probably swimming around there like Koi in a pond. XD

For people with a few Vacation Days and want to have an awesome vacation. A cruise really is a good choice.

On our cruise from SF to Florida via the Panama Canal. We encountered two Hurricanes made for very rough seas. Interesting how uniformly ordered the ocean swells were. As far as the eye can see perfectly parallel Swells. People in the hallways would time their movements to stop and go holding on hand rails. The Ship's Stern have the wildest movements people really had to hold on .

Another interesting thing was going behind the hurricane. The Ocean was whit with foam, very rough seas and Fog with high humidity. Like being in a steamroom, sauna.

The Ship was close to a Hurricane that made it's way into the Pacific. Missed two Ports of Call to stay clear of it. The second Hurricane in the gulf of Mexico we only encountered the large swells detoured to Caribbean Islands way South of it. Finally some smooth sailing heading North towards Florida.

I didn't see anyone getting sea sick. if there was anytime to get sea sick it was during those swells. I don't if the size of the Ship immense sensation is different than being on a smaller vessels.

• train but maybe in a different way?

take train with sleeping cabin for a night, then during day you go out and go to see all nice places in city, then you take another night train which goes to different city, kind of repeat, just instead of going to hotel you sleep in train

ah and one more thing before anyone bashes this idea

there are exclusive trains with showers, and dining cars etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!