Top 5 Girl groups digitally now?

• so you're comparing a sub unit to a group promo -_________________-

any other intelligent comparison like this ??

They are kinda right tho. Monster didn't flop but seulrene even with heavy promotions can't beat hwasa or Wheein in digitals.

Hwasa is another leauge so even if you take her out of the equation. Wheein's unpromoted solo won against got7 and taeyeon on inkigayo.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Joy has popular ost's so if they promote her well. Her solo will smash.

~My love you always make reality more beautiful than my dreams~

• BP

OMG (although I expected their new release to smash; it will probably rise more with promotions)

Mamamoo

Twice

(G)IDLE/Itzy

RV - Psycho was a long time ago and sub-unit/Wendy didn't do that well so I don't know where to put them

Brave Girls - still need to see how a new song from them will chart

Cause their latest charting in korea is quite luckluster?

Mamomoo - at least their prerelease reached #7

ITZY is outcharting them soon now at #13 (but longevity another question)

OMG had two monster hits and D3 seems like another moderate one for them

Aside from BP and BG, only Gidle made it to top10 on Melon

gidle didn't reached top 10 in Melon daily, not with Dumdi or Hwaa

• Hwaa entered top10 24hits briefly during the day

They remained the only GG other than BP, BG and Mamamoo that did this

• U know what i agree with OMG at #2. Dun dun dance has reached top10 everywhere except melon. And i don't think they have even started proper promotions. Until some other gg performs better they r #2. Mind u they r extremely stable on melon too right now.

◦•●◉✿ 𝙅𝙀𝙉𝙉𝙄𝙀 ✿◉●•◦

569d231142664d5febb9b761eaf892af33cc994c.jpg e9d73c5c1265ce0e88fe2b9a922d1d162134d3c7.jpg c8c9be06bdb386145082e49f5f1b36b75cebc8b2.jpg

• Sadly it seems like public only love ballad from Wheein lol. Her latest solo song watercolor is good but it didn't charted as well as Anymore, Goodbye or her Hospital Playlist OST.

• The points r reduced. Charting changed alot when the new melon reform was introduced.

And considering dingaa is charting much higher than m&m on gaon in its 28th week it'll pass 300M soon enough. M&m already out of gaon200 by week 28. Overall both r similar mediocre performing songs. ICSM is similar too.

Yes, I guess we’re really cutting hairs here. The reform happened before both songs were released tho (in 2019) so not sure why that matters.

• The thread title - "now"

No disrespecting but bringing in past performance is irrelevant. Globally, twice is still top5 as their spotify streams numbers are second to BP only

Thanks bud. Yep Kura Kura, Twice's latest release did extremely well for an unpromoted song. It was 17 on billboard japan aswell ^^

• Sadly it seems like public only love ballad from Wheein lol. Her latest solo song watercolor is good but it didn't charted as well as Anymore, Goodbye or her Hospital Playlist OST.

Eh?? All the songs on watercolor charted tho....

Ofc all those songs of hers were mega hits cuz they were ballads right? Mamamoo member releasing a ballad is kryptonite on the charts. They have great voices. I actually didn't like water color so much tho. I feel their voices suit power vocal or ost type songs more.

• Eh?? All the songs on watercolor charted tho....

Ofc all those songs of hers were mega hits cuz they were ballads right? Mamamoo member releasing a ballad is kryptonite on the charts. They have great voices. I actually didn't like water color so much tho. I feel their voices suit power vocal or ost type songs more.

Yeah I think the title track and album did well in iTunes but not really in SK. watercolor charted out of Melon top 100 after a week.

Wheein did say in the past that she doesn't really like ballad that much so I think she will continue to release this kind of uptempo title tracks and ballad will probably just come secondary.

• as of right now?

1. bp=bg (if either release a song it will be a smash hit.)

2. omg

3. mamamoo=rv (if either release a good song it'll be a hit)

4. itzy=gidle (moderate-low level hit no matter what they release at this point)

5. twice (their hype era is gone but they defs wont flop, arguably above or equal to itzy/gidle, but definitely below mmm/rv)

»» make a wish upon the moon, youre just a little different from others ««

• I find it weird that you put RV so high

RV in the past has been hit or miss, they werent consistent

• glad to see that none of y'all put blackpink at #2

guess y'all finally can accept it

:pepe-cringe:

There's no denying the undeniable :siptear:  :pepe-angel:

Yeah I think the title track and album did well in iTunes but not really in SK. watercolor charted out of Melon top 100 after a week.

Wheein did say in the past that she doesn't really like ballad that much so I think she will continue to release this kind of uptempo title tracks and ballad will probably just come secondary.

I agree, if it's about digital status now, then the latest, most recent comebacks of the groups and individual members should weigh heavier (else what's the use of the term 'now'? :wellr: )

Not sure if it's up-to-date, but on wiki Wheein's peak position for Water Color says 70, for now (might change next week?).

(on the side SooYoung: Wendy's peak position for Like Water was 54, and for Seulgi&Irene's Monster was 8).

• I find it weird that you put RV so high

RV in the past has been hit or miss, they werent consistent

Haven't most groups on the list been inconsistent in their release successes?

It's not as if every release of each of those groups the past 2-3 years was a megahit (except for BP probably).

Myself I'm kinda interested if and how much has changed with idols and K-pop groups charting on Melon after Melon's rigorous change last year, and if it had a big impact on their overall digital sales, all streaming channels (Melon, Genie, Bugs etc etc) put together.

• of the GGs, the obvious affected one would be twice, followed by Mamamoo. RV unknown. OMG and BG new rising. ITZY not much difference. GIDLE improved.

Twice - ICSM even failed to enter top10 24hits when before that they could easily reach #1 realtime

Mamamoo - similar case. But a weird situation whereby a prerelease is preferred over title track. At least Dingga peaked inside top10

• Also interesting, if it's about international digitals, then there's nothing more recent and 'now' than Spotify monthly listeners (since it shows the past month's listeners?).

And this is what it says for the groups mentioned for their monthly listeners:

- Blackpink - 14,700,211

- TWICE - 6,147,049

- Red Velvet - 4,570,080

- (G)I-dle 4,369,129

- Mamamoo - 3,209,609

- Brave Girls - 1,412,970

- Oh My Girl - 1,352,439

Blackpink's number of monthly listeners is phenomenal, no doubt about it. But TWICE has also seen growth, a year ago they were in the 3-4 million. I'm also impressed with Red Velvet, even with being inactive as a group since end of 2019, they've still held onto 4.5-5 million monthly listeners all those months.

(G)I-dle wasn't mentioned here, but seeing what their monthly listeners have been this year, I felt they should also be mentioned.

Not Moomoos downplaying Red Velvet while simultaneously trying to pretend like Wheein didn't flop lmao If at least Mamamoo sold albums maybe then they could try coming for Seulrene and Wendy. It's been 7 years and still the same inferiority complex

Let's not single out Moomoos: I'm not so sure it's Moomoos - or only Moomoos - that are downplaying RV. Downplaying RV and their achievements has always been a favorite pastime of a number of other-group stans as well, certainly for the past few years. :wellr:

• it made me tear up that blackpink came from small indie company finally got the recognition as #1 gg and beating out the big 2 girlgroup

^^ Yes, let's celebrate the groups coming from indie and midsize companies showing organic growth and fan love that made them as big as they are today. Cheers for BP beating all the odds :giftr::pepe-toast:

of the GGs, the obvious affected one would be twice, followed by Mamamoo. RV unknown. OMG and BG new rising. ITZY not much difference. GIDLE improved.

Twice - ICSM even failed to enter top10 24hits when before that they could easily reach #1 realtime

Mamamoo - similar case. But a weird situation whereby a prerelease is preferred over title track. At least Dingga peaked inside top10

I'm still not sure how Melon charting post-change works, but the impact is noticeable.

The other charts seem to be business as usual though. Hopefully the diversity and market share of the other streaming channels will keep increasing. Also, Spotify Korea is also a thing now, from what I understood? That'll make a big impact.

And OMG and especially Brave Girls are phenomenal. I like seeing, how a small-company group after years of struggling can become the next big thing, it's a hopeful sign for other groups from smaller companies imo :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!