Top 5 Girl groups digitally now?

• not totally related, but does LSG already surpassed the cumulative points of HYLT in the 32th week?

• not totally related, but does LSG already surpassed the cumulative points of HYLT in the 32th week?

Nope. HYLT had so big of a start + 51Million digital points for a week which is still the most for an idol group thus far for 2020-2021.

LSG is catching up but it will take a while. HYLT is however, still the most cumulative digital points for any gg song released late 2019 to now for the weeks it is out, any point. The Gap is 50M now

• Nope. HYLT had so big of a start + 51Million digital points for a week which is still the most for an idol group thus far for 2020-2021.

LSG is catching up but it will take a while. HYLT is however, still the most cumulative digital points for any gg song released late 2019 to now for the weeks it is out, any point. The Gap is 50M now

damn, i guess LSG will take more time to overtook HYLT domestic achievments

• damn, i guess LSG will take more time to overtook HYLT domestic achievments

Yeah, a good start/peak is as important as longetivity, 21 days at #1 is no joke. And also HYLT has pretty good longetivity as well. So if LSG were to overtake it, it has to have some insane longetivity, which it is showing at least for now

• Yeah, a good start/peak is as important as longetivity, 21 days at #1 is no joke. And also HYLT has pretty good longetivity as well. So if LSG were to overtake it, it has to have some insane longetivity, which it is showing at least for now

yeah HYLT is having a good longevity, iirc BP songs tends to plummet once they out of top 50 but HYLT is holding veeery good and just need like 6 more week until reaching a year inside top 100. But I do think LSG will have better longevity, specially considering it only 3 months younger and still top 30

• Is it really fair to compare omg's early 2020 release with bp's october comeback? It's obvious they would have more points accumulated. Peaks should also be taken into account

comparing todays rankings is even weirder, since omg just released an album while bp last one was in 2020. Maybe you could add Rose's solo to make it more fair.

BP were able to chart almost all (or all) their album's tracks on melon, omg usually charts only two/three songs? So BP have the upper hand when it comes to album digital sales

hylt came out only 2 months after nonstop. u would expect that hylt would outchart them bcs its newer but in reality, both dolphin and nonstop are already outperforming it despite being older. dolphin is also about to outchart lsg in a matter of time.

yes, hylt did peak at #1, but nonstop and dolphin are showing insane longevity. both songs are getting more streams than hylt

• BP's korean fandom ain't that big, we all know that, BP's main digital power comes from the gp

GP mean all people, this therefore includes young children up to the elderly. Do you really think Blackpink's music is something the GP loves in Korea? I'm not Korean, honestly we can't say what they think but I think people after 35 prefer bands like Twice, RV or MMM more than Blackpink.

Also to say that the Blackpink fandom is not that big in Korea is really a joke. Maybe the onces are a similar size and I'm not at all sure about that. But all the other GGs have by far a smaller fandom.

• hylt came out only 2 months after nonstop. u would expect that hylt would outchart them bcs its newer but in reality, both dolphin and nonstop are already outperforming it despite being older. dolphin is also about to outchart lsg in a matter of time.

yes, hylt did peak at #1, but nonstop and dolphin are showing insane longevity. both songs are getting more streams than hylt

Again, as people mentioned here, BP songs generally have bad longevity once they are below top50, but HYLT is still holding up well.

And are you just gonna ignore LSG just because it doesnt fit into your narrative? Newer song, higher ULs, higher chart position now?

If anything, Rosé solo songs should be a good indicator of how the group at least will be performing on the chart. Technically, chart performance should be better for group

• GP mean all people, this therefore includes young children up to the elderly. Do you really think Blackpink's music is something the GP loves in Korea? I'm not Korean, honestly we can't say what they think but I think people after 35 prefer bands like Twice, RV or MMM more than Blackpink.

Also to say that the Blackpink fandom is not that big in Korea is really a joke. Maybe the ounces are a similar size and I'm not at all sure about that. But all the other GGs have by far a smaller fandom.

This is the funniest statement i ever heard

Did you just said BP i.e. the most popular girl group in korea now is less popular than at least 3 other groups? Are you korean to represent them? If we arent then the best is to see receipts

Gallup had BP in top10, 2 BP songs in top10 last year, obviously GP knows BP more than the others who are not where to be found.

BP is the only girl groups that was able to chart whole album in top100. Funny to claim it was only fueled by fandom as after melon reform, fandom can hardly mass stream a song to make it into top100, needless to say, whole album

• Did you just said BP i.e. the most popular girl group in korea now is less popular than at least 3 other groups?

That's not what i say at all. :pepefacepalm:

What i say is :

First : BP fandom in Korea is not small and probably the largest for a GG.

Secondly : I said old people in Korea probably prefer songs coming from Twice, MMM, or RV. Eldery in Korea love cute concept. It doesn't mean they buy the albums or stream the songs. Did you really think a korean over 50 listen BP ? :pepefacepalm:

Does this mean that Blackpink is less popular? No.

In my opinion BPs are more popular among Koreans who are under the age of 35. And for me that is not enough to say that a group have support of the GP, cause the GP mean every people. That's what i said.

• The fact that you think there are more Korean blinks than Korean onces is :clown:

BP literally spent all of 2019 being made fun of for not having a big Korean fandom because they couldn't sell out a fan-meeting in SK. Did this huge Korean fandom you speak of suddenly materialize out of nowhere just because they're more successful than other girl groups now?

Also fun fact: there were zero girl groups and only one idol group overall in the Gallup poll for those over 40. You can't just say people over 50 love cute concept from ggs when data says they really only like trot and ballads and BTS

• The fact that you think there are more Korean blinks than Korean onces is

Look what i exactly said

Also to say that the Blackpink fandom is not that big in Korea is really a joke. Maybe the onces are a similar size and I'm not at all sure about that. But all the other GGs have by far a smaller fandom.

I say they're maybe a similar size, and these two are biggers than all the others GG. But you love making up a story about Blackpink so much that you'll soon tell me that they have a fandom as big as Weekly or Purple Kiss. :pepe-clown-gear:

Also fun fact: there were zero girl groups and only one idol group overall in the Gallup poll for those over 40. You can't just say people over 50 love cute concept from ggs when data says they really only like trot and ballads and BTS

I took this information from the Queendom show, where they literally say in an episode that the elderly in Korea appreciate the cute concept more. But maybe the Koreans themselves don't know what they're saying.

• Look what i exactly said

I say they're maybe a similar size, and these two are biggers than all the others GG. But you love making up a story about Blackpink so much that you'll soon tell me that they have a fandom as big as Weekly or Purple Kiss. :pepe-clown-gear:

I took this information from the Queendom show, where they literally say in an episode that the elderly in Korea appreciate the cute concept more. But maybe the Koreans themselves don't know what they're saying.

Never said anything remotely close to that and this thread is about digitals. If you knew anything about Korean charting you would know that fandom size is literally irrelevant when it comes to charting after the Melon reform. Otherwise NCT or Seventeen would be out-charting BP and Twice big time when in reality they can barely crack Melon top 50.

It's probably true that elderly Koreans appreciate cute concept more than girl crush. I'm just pointing out that most of them don't really listen to idol groups at all. They can like Twice's music better than BP's but they're not really listening to or "supporting" either group

Not the first time I've seen you making negative comments about BP. I think the last time was a whole essay in an appreciation thread someone made about their live performances. Maybe just leave them alone if they bother you so much instead of commenting things you don't really know about and then attacking blinks who call out your BP biggest Korean fandom narrative (it's Iz*one then Twice for ggs actually, btw!)?

• Sadly it seems like public only love ballad from Wheein lol. Her latest solo song watercolor is good but it didn't charted as well as Anymore, Goodbye or her Hospital Playlist OST.

I think in the PWS video where Wheein and PWS talk about water color they were well aware that the song won't smash the charts but they went ahead with it because it showcased her style and multiple talents well.

But yeah Easy did not chart that high either compared to her ballads.

• hylt came out only 2 months after nonstop. u would expect that hylt would outchart them bcs its newer but in reality, both dolphin and nonstop are already outperforming it despite being older. dolphin is also about to outchart lsg in a matter of time.

Peaks are more important though. You cant be the "best" if you're never number one. HYLT already has longevity in the bag and a much higher peak.

• BTW, i said this on another thread but this is more relevant.

I think there is no top 5 GGs right now. I think it's top 3: BP, OMG, and Brave Girls

Then a second tier of Idle, Itzy, Twice, and Mamamoo.

With a big question mark for Red Velvet since they havent comeback after chart reform.

• Peaks are more important though. You cant be the "best" if you're never number one. HYLT already has longevity in the bag and a much higher peak.

u need to get that mindset AWF... every day, every moment by paul kim (released in march 2018) is the most successful post-2013 song, with 5m downloads and it has since surpassed 300 million streams on gaon (probably 600m-700m total bcs gaon deducts some streams) but did it hit #1? no, it peaked at #4 on gaon digital chart. it is carried by its insane longevity and it's still charting at top 50 of melon and gaon.

its the same thing with dolphin (peaked at #9) and nonstop (peaked at #2). they both peaked lower than hylt but hylt aged worse than both of the songs. hylt is now getting only around 7m digital index points and dolphin is getting 8.5m. hylt may be the most successful 2020 gg song currently, but it wouldnt take long until nonstop and dolphin surpasses it

• u need to get that mindset AWF... every day, every moment by paul kim (released in march 2018) is the most successful post-2013 song, with 5m downloads and it has since surpassed 300 million streams on gaon (probably 600m-700m total bcs gaon deducts some streams) but did it hit #1? no, it peaked at #4 on gaon digital chart. it is carried by its insane longevity and it's still charting at top 50 of melon and gaon.

its the same thing with dolphin (peaked at #9) and nonstop (peaked at #2). they both peaked lower than hylt but hylt aged worse than both of the songs. hylt is now getting only around 7m digital index points and dolphin is getting 8.5m. hylt may be the most successful 2020 gg song currently, but it wouldnt take long until nonstop and dolphin surpasses it

Nah, nobody cares about index points now, i mean nobody cares that HYLT is 50 and Nonstop is 40 or whatever. People only care when the songs are released. Did the song reach #1 on Melon? How many weeks? How many weeks in the top 10?

HYLT had 16 weeks in the top 10 and 3 weeks at #1. LSG had 22 weeks in the top 10 tying the alltime record for Kpop songs.

How many weeks did Dolphin and Nonstop get at #1? Zero. How many weeks did they stay in top 10? 10 weeks? 12 weeks?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!