Top 5 Girl groups digitally now?

• This seems the most accurate, tho BG would be in the top 5 now at #2 pushing OMG down given current charting

• I think we should just wait and see how the releases go this year. Some ggs have very similar mediocre performances. From the looks of it BG, BP and OMG r leading this year. Charting multiple songs at once. The others aren't even close tbh.

..:* :**:. .:**:.*.:.

04434535149d480644979509a033f1412f0a8b79.gifv 9f94f4554694478127beddde683e313fd35bd916.gifv 96bd481068553f584de446481c17bf31d11a505c.gifv

• MMM only released one album in 2020, TWICE had 2. But MMM promoted two songs, so they work for this scenario.

If I compared only Dingga to More & More and ICSM, TWICE would still be above them anyway, so...

I also think it is a bit unfair to compare two title tracks from two albums with one prerelease+title from one album.

I tend to look at one previous release i.e. HIP by mamamoo for fair comparison

• M&M is ranked at #64 on Gaon’s year chart with a digital index of 323 millions and Dingga is ranked at #156 with 159 million points.

More and More was also released earlier. Just because the year ended doesn't mean points stop lol. Dingga is still charting and is having more longevity than M&M. It performed better overall.

• 1. BP
    //Wall//
    2. Mamamoo
    3. Oh My Girl
    4. Twice
    5. G-Idle
    (Honorable mention to Izone, Itzy, and Red Velvet[since they've been gone too long to rank fairly]). The 5th spot is really tough.

I'm not including Brave Girls because they could be something like Crayon Pop, Momoland etc, where they are huge for about a year then die off. Brave Girls could easily be #2 though. OMG isn't higher on my list yet because they could also end up in the same boat, but based on DDD, they seem to have more staying power.

• Twice is nowhere the level they were like 3-4 years ago. Back then they were undisputed for the digital title, but nowadays, their songs barely enter the top 10.

Oh My Girl now has 2 mega hit songs so yeah, Dun Dun Dance is also about to enter Top 10 of MelOn.

Mamamoo also is not the same. Hip and Starry Night were huge hits, but Dingga and Aya are NOWHERE their success.

Red Velvet.. well Psycho is easily the biggest gg song of 2019 but they never released new material.

Blackpink is undeniably the biggest gg currently when it comes to digitals. All their singles from The Album entered Gaon's Top 10. How You Like That is the second biggest gg song of 2020, behind Nonstop.

Brave Girls also now have 2 hits under their belt but its way too early to say anything since viral groups have a low chance of longevity but I'm pretty sure they'll be stable

• Who is downplaying Red Velvet exactly?

Their last hit was Psycho (almost two years ago) and prior to that it was Bad boy (3 years ago). In the meantime they had a bunch of flop releases. Not to mention that Seulgi/Irene and Wendy didn't do well either

You can have your albums sales sis, but I'll expect better from an SM group because those numbers don't even come close to I-zone :pepe-smug:

power up was literally a chart topper.. with paks, although it had ASS longevity

• HYLT was the biggest gg song of 2020

Yeah it's HYLT, then Dolphin/Nonstop/LSG, but Dolphin might pass HYLT if things keep going as they are. LSG could end up with the most digital points potentially, or Dolphin, one of the two, it will just take the longest to know where LSG ends up since it was released last.

• The only year Twice was truly dominant was 2016. As far as songs from 2017, two girl groups had a better performing song than Twice's best performing one (despite more chances). In 2018, there were also two girl groups that had a better performing song. In 2019 three girl groups did better, and 2020 a few girl groups as well. Twice was definitely very consistently strong from 2016-2018 , but undisputed goes against the facts laid out here.

I believe Dalla Dalla did better than Psycho in 2019, but those two songs, along with Hip, all did extremely well.

HYLT is currently the best performing 2020 girl group song but Dolphin, not Nonstop, is coming for it little by little.

Agree with the rest.

• power up was literally a chart topper.. with paks, although it had ASS longevity

Power up did well initially from the hype / riding success of Red Flavor (previous summer hit) but honestly it didnt really hold up well. They totally killed that momentum with RBB, ZZLB and Umpahx2.

I would say out of the top3 gen 3 GGs, RV is the least consistent. They cant seem to replicate success consistently. This also has to do with SM throwinf random songs to them hoping some with stick with GP. Pyscho is really THAT song they needed.

• The only year Twice was truly dominant was 2016. As far as songs from 2017, two girl groups had a better performing song than Twice's best performing one (despite more chances). In 2018, there were also two girl groups that had a better performing song. In 2019 three girl groups did better, and 2020 a few girl groups as well. Twice was definitely very consistently strong from 2016-2018 , but undisputed goes against the facts laid out here.

I believe Dalla Dalla did better than Psycho in 2019, but those two songs, along with Hip, all did extremely well.

I think they are talking about how everything twice released became a hit. I mean just look at how many download and streaming certifications they have. They were biggest in that way.

I would say both hip and pyscho in a way outdid dalla dalla. More time spent on top10 and top100 on melon and gaon if i am not wrong. I think they are all pretty much on same level and depends on what criteria one gives importance to.

..:* :**:. .:**:.*.:.

04434535149d480644979509a033f1412f0a8b79.gifv 9f94f4554694478127beddde683e313fd35bd916.gifv 96bd481068553f584de446481c17bf31d11a505c.gifv

• I think they are talking about how everything twice released became a hit. I mean just look at how many download and streaming certifications they have. They were biggest in that way.

I would say both hip and pyscho in a way outdid dalla dalla. More time spent on top10 and top100 on melon and gaon if i am not wrong. I think they are all pretty much on same level and depends on what criteria one gives importance to.

Yeah, hits of varying levels. Using the term "undisputed" was a mistake then, because there's an obvious area where they were clearly beat, which kind of makes using that word a false statement. They were very consistent from 2016-2018 though, yes.

All three of those songs did have different areas they shined, that is true.

• I understand your other arguments but am not seeing g-idle over itzy & red velvet at all. In fact I think it's not even close

• I understand your other arguments but am not seeing g-idle over itzy & red velvet at all. In fact I think it's not even close

The “5th spot is really tough”

Red velvet was just because they haven’t put anything out since late 2019, and before that was very hit or miss.

I honestly see Itzy, G-Idle, and Izone at pretty much the same place, but you’re right maybe Itzy should be 5th. I think G-Idle has been a tad more consistent but Itzy has had stronger performances with certain songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!