What's holding Everglow back?

• It's not music cause they have best music.

It's not visuals cause they have great visuals.

It's not YouTube cause they have great views.

So what the hell is the problem here? Is it because they dont have a globally recognized member like Jennie or Suzy or Seolhyun?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• isn't Aisha globally recognised ? I see so many praises of her on twitter.

I doubt shes that big. But also didn't she catch flack for stealing a girls lunch money when she was 14?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• > most kpop fans are invested in boy groups

> most kpop fans are invested in Big 3/4 groups

> other groups that do similar concept to EverGlow are already hugely popular

> this leaves EverGlow with a very small niche for them to grow from as they miss all these major marketability targets

• It's not a real Everglow Discussion until I'm in it. :pepe-hehe:

Various Reasons:

- Foreign K-pop company (Doesn't get recognition in Korea)

- Line Distribution (But Yuehua is listening)

- Fake Viewers Allegation because a NUGU group from a NUGU KPOP company has more views than a well-established group from a well-established company. Views don't match with album sales. (Proving to be false after each comeback)
    - Missed opportunities to capture more audience (KCON NY and LA)
    - Plagerism Allegations (All BS)

- Etc.

PEOPLE, LEAVE MY GIRLS ALONE!!!! THEY'VE WENT THROUGH ENOUGH! LET THEM RISE AND SHINE SO THEY CAN BE FOREVER GLOWING!

(You see what I did there. many PUNS)

That said, Everglow is gaining more and more attention. Their Album-on-album is always ~100% and in terms of Twitter statistics, comparing the "Last Melody" photo concepts and teaser to "La Di Da's album" it's significantly more!

Expect a lot of album sales!

EVERGLOW's New Single Album "Last Melody" Releases on May 25th @ 6PM EST!

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• their promotions are not that great. Do they even go on korean reality shows?

Yes. They've even been on Running Man 2x. They trended #1 on Naver when they performed Dun Dun and Ladida on Sketchbook. They even had their own variety show.

• In SK? Their company is from China /end.

It doesn’t help that last year they were in controversy in China bc they performed for SK army or something... So in both countries it’s hard for them.Seems like they choose China and intl market.

• omg drew new dp!!!

I cant decide on a new one so I keep changing it. They got me stressed out about it.

• I think Yueha should partner up with 1theK to promote them on their platform like weeekly, purple kiss, StayC etc. They are too talented and a well rounded group to still be under the radar in S.Kr.

Their old digital distributor was 1thK, but for Everglow's, they changed it Stone Music. I believe the reason behind the change has to do with Mnet ( particularly KCON and the other programs they run).

• How many people actually know they are from a Chinese company though?

I just found that out a few weeks ago.

• Their old digital distributor was 1thK, but for Everglow's, they changed it Stone Music. I believe the reason behind the change has to do with Mnet ( particularly KCON and the other programs they run).

I see, being with 1thek could have helped alot currently considering how huge of a platform they seem to be in getting put on to the SoKor audience.

I hope this comeback can make a significant amount of progress in the SoKor market for them.

• I remember they did some 1thek videos right?

1theK probably posted some videos of them but they aren't their distributor, Stone Music (Owned by CJ ENM).

Uniq, their Sunbae had 1theK as their music distributor.

If 1thek was Everglow's Distributor, they wouldn't have all their title tracks in the top 10 most viewed on the channel ; )pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Official Post

Long hiatuses between comebacks, at least internationally. Not everyone can be BP. Everglow were gaining TONS of international recognition among KPOP fans after LA DI DA but then they disappeared and were never to be found until like this month.

They also need to garner a stable fanbase like what their competitors ITZY, LOONA, GIDLE did. It seems like they have many casual fans and not enough hardcore fans.

• Long hiatuses between comebacks, at least internationally. Not everyone can be BP. Everglow were gaining TONS of international recognition among KPOP fans after LA DI DA but then they disappeared and were never to be found until like this month.

They also need to garner a stable fanbase like what their competitors ITZY, LOONA, GIDLE did. It seems like they have many casual fans and not enough hardcore fans.

I think people took their Long Haituses at face value.

Yuehua KR doesn't have the human capital as other groups do. When Woodz has a comeback, Everglow cannot. Furthermore, some of Everglow's Staff Members contracted COVID (already short-handed), then Yiren and Sihyeon contract COVID. Obliging South Korean protocols, they lost 2 months. If you watch their Vlives, Sihyeon says it took them 2 months to learn the Choreo for LaDiDa, and another month to practice live singing with the Choreo. In a recent Vlive, Sihyeon stated, the new album is very good and the new choreo is harder than La Di Da (Probably took them a while to perfect it).

Considering all the factors they play with, an 8-month wait for a comeback isn't too shabby.

• chinese company AND chinese member, it's very difficult just with that two factors for a rookie gg to gain korea's love

Also their concept clashes with bp, itzy and now aespa. Big 3 ggs tend to have bigger audience so everglow has a small chance of gaining fans willing to support them as ult group

People shouldn't compare Everglow with groups from the big companies.

Everglow is like the female version of Ateez. They are a Dark Horse.

Also, I disagree with the fact that Everglow's concept clashes with Blackpink, Itzy, and Aespa. I'm too lazy to explain but listen to all their B-sides and learn their lore. It's much deeper than you think.

• it's a lot but yiren supporting ccp got her cancelled by all the I fans and knetz so there's that

Clearly, they haven't cancelled hard enough because Everglow is getting a record number of positive reactions across their social media platforms. Also apparently c-forevers have been saving a lot of money in preparation for this next comeback.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Clearly, they haven't cancelled hard enough because Everglow is getting a record number of positive reactions across their social media platforms. Also apparently c-forevers have been saving a lot of money in preparation for this next comeback.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Yes c forevers not knetz ... And Yiren got dragged for weeks end they may be ok with their fans but other fans aren't messing with them people don't wanna support them cause they support CCP that's literally all people talk about in regards to them

• People shouldn't compare Everglow with groups from the big companies.

Everglow is like the female version of Ateez. They are a Dark Horse.

Also, I disagree with the fact that Everglow's concept clashes with Blackpink, Itzy, and Aespa. I'm too lazy to explain but listen to all their B-sides and learn their lore. It's much deeper than you think.

They shouldn't but they do.

Everglow as young gg with girl crush/futuristic concepts and loud songs clashes with the big3 ggs, that's how it looks to a casual fan and gp. We don't bother to look into aespa or everglow whole lore or B-sides, so that's the vibe they give off, one similar to all these trendig ggs. And fans tend to stan groups from bigger agencies and they pick one of the 3 others over them, that's why I think they lack a strong fandom

To be compared to ateez they should have either similar digitals or physicals as their peers (ateez sells about the same as treasure, tbz, skz and txt. None of them chart well digitally. Similar members popularity)

Everglow physicals are already surpassed by weeekly and stayc, and these aren't the top ggs from new gen. Their digitals are just poor in Korea. Individual popularity isn't that big. So even if their YT and Spotify numbers are good, I don't think they are what ateez are to other 4th gen bgs

• Yes c forevers not knetz ... And Yiren got dragged for weeks end they may be ok with their fans but other fans aren't messing with them people don't wanna support them cause they support CCP that's literally all people talk about in regards to them

Those people don't matter... They weren't going to support Everglow anyways. K-nets who supported Everglow from the beginning are still supporting them now. My point is, they are growing at a healthy and steady pace and the negativity from those people isn't affecting Everglow's growth.

• You can think this or think that, but in the end, it's all about the results. The result is, they are steadily gaining a fan base (backed by data) and that's all that matters. Why does it even matter if Weeekly and StayC surpassed Everglow in sales (Which they haven't yet)?

If Korea doesn't like Everglow, fine. A K-Pop group doesn't necessarily need the backing of Korea to be successful. Look at dreamcatcher, they are selling well but they ain't getting any streams in Korea either.

Also, I think you missed the point of me comparing Everglow to Ateez. The point is, they both are from NUGU companies but they are making a name for themselves.

Edited 2 times, last by winniethepb ().

• Those people don't matter... They weren't going to support Everglow anyways. K-nets who supported Everglow from the beginning are still supporting them now. My point is, they are growing at a healthy and steady pace and the negativity from those people isn't affecting Everglow's growth.

I'm not to debate if everglow is doing good or bad I really don't know about their stats OP asked why they arent popping and I said one of many reasons why because the yiren ccp scandal was big and I saw people saying it turned them off from EG all on Twitter amd Reddit with thousands of upvotes that's all if they're doing good that's good but that ccp scandal did affect them..

• I'm not to debate if everglow is doing good or bad I really don't know about their stats OP asked why they arent popping and I said one of many reasons why because the yiren ccp scandal was big and I saw people saying it turned them off from EG all on Twitter amd Reddit with thousands of upvotes that's all if they're doing good that's good but that ccp scandal did affect them..

As I said, those people didn't give crap about Everglow anyways. The CCP scandal excuse was just another way for them to bash on Everglow as usual. Those people are just disgusting. These girls are working hard day and night, inputting blood, sweat, and tears, trying to pursue their dreams, and then you got those unthoughtful emotionless savages who think it's fun and thrilling to degrade them.

External Content www.youtube.com

Everglow doesn't care about those people. Because they...

Got no time for haters

모두 다 집어치워 버려 (I'm like)

La di da la di da da la di da di da

La di da di da la di da di da

• Like I said I'm not debating if they did good or bad as I'm not in the fandom but I did see them trend for that CCP stuff and I don't personally agree with them being attacked I'm just answering OP

• You can think this or think that, but in the end, it's all about the results. The result is, they are steadily gaining a fan base (backed by data) and that's all that matters. Why does it even matter if Weeekly and StayC surpassed Everglow in sales (Which they haven't yet)?

If Korea doesn't like Everglow, fine. A K-Pop group doesn't necessarily need the backing of Korea to be successful. Look at dreamcatcher, they are selling well but they ain't getting any streams in Korea either.

Also, I think you missed the point of me comparing Everglow to Ateez. The point is, they both are from NUGU companies but they are making a name for themselves.

Ofc they are growing, nobody denies that, but the question was what's holding them back, and I listed my answers. They aren't growing enough to compete with big 3 newer ggs and neither are outselling the new rookies like weeekly and stayc, so there's clearly something stopping them.

Hanteo lists EG latest album around 35k. Stayc's Staydom is around 60k now and weeekly's we play is surpassing 35k soon. so yeah, outselling both physically and digitally, based on latest songs

External Content twitter.com

as you mentioned, DC does poorly in Korea but they sold 100k+ for their last album so that gives them a more"dark horse" vibe than EG, imo

But then again, they didn't comeback for a long time, I'll gladly eat my words if this next cb surpasses the physical and digital sales of the ggs mentioned

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!