CURRENT 4RTH GEN GG RANKINGS/TIER LIST NO FIGHTING

• S TIER : NONE THESE ARE BP/TWICE LEVEL GGS

A + : G-IDLE Itzy Iz*One they excel in some areas but lack in others to completely be S tier

A- :

B+: Aespa they're best charting 2020 rookies win multiple ROTY awards amazing streams and views only thing holding them back is physical releases

B -: LOONA EVERGLOW they haven't really made any noise in KR but seem popular internationally LOONA has good physicals but digitally lacking and streams aren't as good EVERGLOW is opposite of LOONA they have bad physicals but good streams but their digital are worst than LOONA

C : Stayc Weeekly Secret Number Cherry Bullet these groups are either new or haven't really done much Stayc has most potential with Weeekly having lots of potential since they're not a girl crush group unlike most groups SN has some decent MV views but their hype is mostly from international fans

Cherry Bullet I didn't know where to put them tbh

NUGU : bling bling and Cignature they really haven't done much and not many people pay them any mind I was gonna put Cherry Bullet here but doesn't feel right.

Y'all disagree any groups I'm missing?? :pepe-flirt: Also no fighting or dragging I looked at stats from digitals Spotify YT charts and stuff :pepe-cross:

Edited once, last by reiusagi ().

• Loona might be higher cause their recent BB 200 entry and also Star gaining radio play in the US is much more impressive to me. Idk how that happened. :eyes: Other 4th gen GGs yet to do it.

• Loona might be higher cause their recent BB 200 entry and also Star gaining radio play in the US is much more impressive to me. Idk how that happened. :eyes: Other 4th gen GGs yet to do it.

Yea that's impressive but LOONA are a kpop GG and they're gonna need to make an impact in SK, BTS and BP both were popular in SK before blowing up in US I put them as B rank and not A - because even tho Aespa hasn't charted on BB 200 they have a lot more Korean success than LOONA if that makes sense

• Which group? I'm sure Idle Itzy Izone Aespa rankings are fair

Idle are not in the same tier as itzy & izone, but at the same time they are higher than aespa, which I don't even think deserve to be "A tier" with 1 song that didn't really break records. Being the "best charting 2020 rookie" doesn't matter when you are comparing ALL GROUPS because there was pretty much no competition that year.

Now don't get mad with me, you asked :pepe-back-away:

• Idle are not in the same tier as itzy & izone, but at the same time they are higher than aespa, which I don't even think deserve to be "A tier" with 1 song that didn't really break records. Being the "best charting 2020 rookie" doesn't matter when you are comparing ALL GROUPS because there was pretty much no competition that year.

Now don't get mad with me, you asked :pepe-back-away:

I'm not comparing just the top groups but all the groups thus gen Aespa with only 1 song have done more than most the groups below them and Idle should be on same tier with itzy both of them do ok in digitals with Idle charting much better their last CB and izone is disbanding soon so it'll only be idle and itzy at top , aespa being in same tier as LOONA and EVERGLOW wouldn't make sense since Aespa has charted better and better streams and MV views

• I'm not comparing just the top groups but all the groups thus gen Aespa with only 1 song have done more than most the groups below them and Idle should be on same tier with itzy both of them do ok in digitals with Idle charting much better their last CB and izone is disbanding soon so it'll only be idle and itzy at top , aespa being in same tier as LOONA and EVERGLOW wouldn't make sense since Aespa has charted better and better streams and MV views

Idle did just a bit better than not shy with dumdi dumdi in korea and that's 1 song, itzy has dalla and wannabe both which did better than anything idle have ever released. Internationally they have much better digitals too and in less time. They also surpassed 200k album sales unlike idle so again I don't see how they are on the same tier.

And I think it makes perfect sense for aespa to be in the same tier as those until they have more comebacks and actually release an album, but yes I think they will be higher than them anyways... I mean they are big 3 group

• Idle did just a bit better than not shy with dumdi dumdi in korea and that's 1 song, itzy has dalla and wannabe both which did better than anything idle have ever released. Internationally they have much better digitals too and in less time. They also surpassed 200k album sales unlike idle so again I don't see how they are on the same tier.

And I think it makes perfect sense for aespa to be in the same tier as those until they have more comebacks and actually release an album, but yes I think they will be higher than them anyways... I mean they are big 3 group

Im just trying to be fair with Idle and I'll put Aespa B + and LOONA and EVERGLOW B -

• why would you compare a group that (now) has only two released songs to groups with multiple releases?

now I like Aespa and can see them going places in the future but this list isn't about potential its about current rankings...

@OP the only thing you've considered is digital stats, why only digitals? why not use digitals plus physicals plus cfs plus brand awareness plus everything else used to measure a group's rankings.

If you change your argument to "these are the digital rankings of the current 4th gen GG" then it would make sense...

• Just a small correction/update, gidle now has 28 total wins. They got 10th win for hwaa on 4th feb.

• 1. Izone

2. Itzy and G Idle

I'm not sure about the other groups.

I wouldn’t rank Izone above Itzy or Idle.

Izone’s last two songs failed to get in the Melon daily top 50, whereas Itzy’s and Idle’s last two songs got into the Melon daily top 20 and stayed there awhile. Yes, their physicals are better which is why I think they are the same level currently as the other two groups.

• I did use physicals and took other things into consideration I literally said that for LOONA and EVERGLOW ranking and I put all 4rth gen ggs hence why I said current I included Stayc and Bling Bling as well both groups who debuted same time as Aespa stayc has decent physicals but none existent elsewhere reason I put Aespa so high is because they literally out perform groups below them and they aren't on same tier as g idle itzy and izone . LOONA has sold more physicals than Aespa but Aespa literally has no physicals but Aespa Korean charting Spotify streams MV views and GP interest is much higher than LOONA and EVERGLOW does better in streams on Spotify and MV views but Aespa has better charting and GP interest , it just wouldn't make sense to put them on same tier as LOONA and EVERGLOW when they're much more popular in KR than both I'll move aespa down to B + but any lower is ridiculous. This list is taking in account for everything and factoring in Aespa is an SM group they already did a Givenchy shoot I can't see how they're same tier as LN and EG who are both basically "nugu" in KR and my list is focusing largely on KR since these are KPOP groups at the end of the day

• I'm surprise that you put Itzy over Aespa I always thought you like Aespa more then Itzy.

But yeah I absolutely agree with your list :|:|:|

• I did use physicals and took other things into consideration I literally said that for LOONA and EVERGLOW ranking and I put all 4rth gen ggs hence why I said current I included Stayc and Bling Bling as well both groups who debuted same time as Aespa stayc has decent physicals but none existent elsewhere reason I put Aespa so high is because they literally out perform groups below them and they aren't on same tier as g idle itzy and izone . LOONA has sold more physicals than Aespa but Aespa literally has no physicals but Aespa Korean charting Spotify streams MV views and GP interest is much higher than LOONA and EVERGLOW does better in streams on Spotify and MV views but Aespa has better charting and GP interest , it just wouldn't make sense to put them on same tier as LOONA and EVERGLOW when they're much more popular in KR than both I'll move aespa down to B + but any lower is ridiculous. This list is taking in account for everything and factoring in Aespa is an SM group they already did a Givenchy shoot I can't see how they're same tier as LN and EG who are both basically "nugu" in KR and my list is focusing largely on KR since these are KPOP groups at the end of the day

well technically then you should've said Korea shouldn't you???

i mean there are a lot of kpop groups who are more successful outside of korea than they are within korea hell even the top groups like BP and BTS probably sell more albums outside of korea than within korea and defiantly have more streams outside of korea than within korea...so if your list says focusing largely on korea shouldn't you have changed your title to reflect KR only or do you believe that even (KR + int) your list is correct?

again I am not doubting the ranking of your list I'm merely suggesting an alternative method of looking at it.

ie. (for example)

physicals

Group A - X

Group B - Y

(thus groups with more physicals rank higher then give them an ABC grade maybe???)

then have streams (then you would need to consider total streams - obviously groups with more songs = more streams but how do you measure streams)

for example YT and EG v Aespa

Ladida has 81,131,284 million views v 117,548,423 million but EG has more songs so do you use total streams in which case Aespa would suffer (not come last but suffer as a result of only having two song) or are you using a views/number of songs methodology in which case Aespa has a greater average...

then you have korean charting I'm assuming you're using goan or another method to determing KR charting...

you also mentioned GP interest - how does one determine GP interest? brand awareness? number of articles on pann/naver??? end of year gallop polls??? obviously one needs n objective method right?

then finally you have to give a weight to all those factors combined in order to determine an overall ranking...

• y don't you just go n make a more accurate ranking thread of your own instead of writing essays on this thread. I'll be waiting. :pepe-toilet:

• y don't you just go n make a more accurate ranking thread of your own instead of writing essays on this thread. I'll be waiting. :pepe-toilet:

Because that takes too much work and I have no idea how to find half the things i've suggested lol

I'm merely providing the OP with a different perspective on how to look at things

The way I think about it is if the OP wants to consider some of the things which I've said great if not that's also great if they wish to use a different method excellent I can learn what method that is....

To me I get the most enjoyment from being able to discuss this with people. If all it is is Aespa > EG > stayc....what's to talk about? It's always about the why how when what where lol

• for GP interest I used their brand rankings and articles about them in Korean sites

• Don't you have real life friends to do why how when what where or do you bore them so much that they don't wanna do why how when what where with you :pepe-peek:

do some hardwork make a more accurate thread

• Don't you have real life friends to do why how when what where or do you bore them so much that they don't wanna do why how when what where with you :pepe-peek:

do some hardwork make a more accurate thread

Not many of them are into kpop but for other topics we go very much into the 5w's

Like I said don't know where to find all that stuff...

• Aespa is tough to rank. Yt views there was ads. Spotify i guess BM didn't do bad. BM's charting for a big3 gg even with system change was bad. It didn't do well on the other services either. We need their first comeback to give proper rankings.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!