Hybe girl groups

• Hybe has two upcoming girl groups - Source x Bighit one which is set to debut this year and Belift one that's probably going to debut in 2022. Everyone is expecting the first ever gg from hybe and everyone thinks they'll do really well. What do you think though? How big do you think their girl groups will get when having in mind the fact they're not Bighit groups but Hybe ones? Of course no one can predict the success of groups whose members we don't even know but, what are you predictions for both the belift and the bh x source group? Which one will do better, ranks among top 4th gen ggs, international vs domestic popularity and etc

• I think hybe groups will do well regardless of gender. The brand is strong and becoming stronger by the day..

SourceXbighit group: they’ll do well domestically just based on gfriend history and I think the company now have experience and learnt from past mistakes with concept and image.. I suspect this group will aim at korea and japan markets.. concept will be cute or innocent with whatever route They take fantasy or sporty or whatever

Iland group: this one is tricky ggs survival shows do well in Korea and the company have resources to advertise and do wide scale promo but idk they’ll come after girls planet 999 if it was will received in Korea maybe the public will have survival shows fatigue idk.. so I predict this group to be more popular internationally and with a girl crush concept

Would be interesting how the gp will react to these groups and how theyll chart since till now we only saw bgs from hybe.. how will they compare to big3 ggs we'll see... either way I’m excited :froghype:

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• the hype for the bh x somu gg is definitely there. but they really need to debut them! they keep pushing the date and it’s getting really annoying. apparently they went from debuting early this year to the second half of the year and now it could be pushed as far ahead as early 2022 :waterr:

• the hype for the bh x somu gg is definitely there. but they really need to debut them! they keep pushing the date and it’s getting really annoying. apparently they went from debuting early this year to the second half of the year and now it could be pushed as far ahead as early 2022 :waterr:

The way they're pushing back their debut is so annoying tbh, I don't understand what's holding them back when they've been preparing the album ever since last august (as mentioned in the press conference)

• Official Post

The SoMu x HYBE girl group has more hype around it so it'll do better I think. I think they'll be the TXT to ILAND GG's ENHYPEN.

SoMu x HYBE will have a more light-hearted and bright concept(so aimed at Korea and Japan, similar to TXT), while the ILAND GG will have a more dark, intimidating concept(aimed internationally, similar to ENHYPEN) Knowing BH they'll probably make them stand out against other groups in a unique way.

• Where did you hear this? The rumors i've seen are that Sakura is talking with Hybe and that Hitomi could end up back in Korea as well. Nako is the one i've heard that is most likely to remain in HKT48.

Hybe has approched Sakura so nako is member in same group than sakura in japan so both popular members in japan industry

Hitomi is underrated jline and should give second chance at akb

• The iLand girl group would do better, love it or hate it there is always a hype about survival programs. It’s a good marketing for the team, you get to know the members better.

The other group... they keep them under the rock and nobody know anything about them. Like... people found the Hybe trainees because they were trying to look for any hint for the girls... they are so secretive it makes me think they gonna go down the TxT root with them. It’s gonna be less popular I think but I trust BH to come up with something unique again. They always pull up something from they sleeve.

• I know it is just me but

I badly want Chayeon in Hybe. Like this girl deserves not better but best. She is a whole package. Hybe will give her full exposure if she is under hybe.

I still don't understand how she ranked 13th on produce. According to her performance, it should have been ahead.

She is called Feather Chayeon for a reason. When I see their mv, i keep waiting for her dance break.

Ever since, I heard about Sakura & Hybe, I also wanted Chayeon & Hybe.

Her recent company better give her solo.

She has immense potential that must not be wasted.

And to return to the question,

Among the 2 GGs, the GG that will be debuted with an unique concept will do better both domestically & internationally as the world don't want clones but st new.

• Well hybe wish japanese market

They know than jpop is really popular in japan but can grow up

The japanese idols re loved by international kpop stans

Yes chaeyeon deserve better but wm is great company yet they re not plannifed many thing for her maybe she can did both soloist and group

• Chaeyeon ranked 13th??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!