3rd and 4th gen stans, have you listened to 2nd gen groups?

• Fans who started in 3rd and 4th gen, have you listened to 2nd gen groups? 29

1. Yes (15) 52%
    2. Only a few (14) 48%
    3. No (0) 0%

In light of the recent threads of 2nd gen stans surprised that newer K-pop stans haven't listened to 2nd gen groups, I decided to make this thread.

Have you listened to 2nd gen groups? If not, why?

In my case, I've only listened to a few K-pop songs in general because I've been a K-pop fan for only a year. I was satisfied with my faves, so I didn't look too much for other songs. Nowadays, I'm only listening to new releases because it's something really easy to do. The only 2nd gen groups I've listened to more than a few songs are SNSD and SHINee.

• omnimorphism

Changed the title of the thread from “3rd and 4th gen stans, have you listened to 2nd gen songs?” to “3rd and 4th gen stans, have you listened to 2nd gen groups?”.
  • I don't know why newer kpop stans are afraid to listen to older songs.

You don't see young 15 - 16 year old being allergic to P!nk/Britney/Beyonce/Avril/Maroon 5/Coldplay/One Republic older songs, but in KPOP it's like as if they are being forced to listen to older music

And it's not even that old like 2000s old it's like 2010s old

• Was listening to these couple songs 4 hours ago.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• In light of the recent threads of 2nd gen stans surprised that newer K-pop stans haven't listened to 2nd gen groups, I decided to make this thread.

Have you listened to 2nd gen groups? If not, why?

In my case, I've only listened to a few K-pop songs in general because I've been a K-pop fan for only a year. I was satisfied with my faves, so I didn't look too much for other songs. Nowadays, I'm only following new releases because it's something really easy to do. The only 2nd gen groups I've listened to more than a few songs are SNSD and SHINee.

oh let me know if you want some 2nd gen recommendation !

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Yes. Especially the ones recommended on akp. You can get such gems. For example I was crazy about 4minute’s and 2ne1’s music when I first started and now I’m more into sistar’s (well it’s actually Hyolyn’s) music. It’s all thanks to the recommendations here. But I have to admit I like to check out GGs way more than BGs. Except Bigbang or Block B, I will always check out their recommended songs (because I like their sound).

• Was listening to these couple songs 4 hours ago.

SISTAR AND 2NE1

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• Yes. Especially the ones recommended on akp. You can get such gems. For example I was crazy about 4minute’s and 2ne1’s music when I first started and now I’m more into sistar’s (well it’s actually Hyolyn’s) music. It’s all thanks to the recommendations here. But I have to admit I like to check out GGs way more than BGs. Except Bigbang or Block B, I will always check out their recommended songs (because I like their sound).

If you like Bae

Then you might like all their summer songs

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

You don't see young 15 - 16 year old being allergic to P!nk/Britney/Beyonce/Avril/Maroon 5/Coldplay/One Republic older songs, but in KPOP it's like as if they are being forced to listen to older music

I don't think it's a matter of being afraid or anything like that. In most cases, I think newer fans don't have time to visit older groups' discographies and they might even see it as useless considering these groups don't exist anymore.

Personally I'd like to have this extensive knowledge of everything that came before. And compared to others, I haven't done such a bad job. But it's just a lot of time investment. Plus, I don't think it's right to compare k-pop (and pop in general) to instrument based music genres as pop tends to age quite faster. You can definitely tell when something is 10 years old or more. I listened to basically everything 2NE1 lately and even though I like Fire very much, this instrumental is so dated. Cheesy as hell. (Well, even some later stuff Teddy did for Blackpink sounds dated af). The styles that tend to age better are those that didn't try to sound too modern, like the stuff Sweetune did for 9Muses for example. Back then they were viewed as old fashioned but this particular style ages better imo.

• I don't think it's a matter of being afraid or anything like that. In most cases, I think newer fans don't have time to visit older groups' discographies and they might even see it as useless considering these groups don't exist anymore.

Personally I'd like to have this extensive knowledge of everything that came before. And compared to others, I haven't done such a bad job. But it's just a lot of time investment. Plus, I don't think it's right to compare k-pop (and pop in general) to instrument based music genres as pop tend to age quite faster. You can definitely tell when something is 10 years old or more. I listened to basically everything 2NE1 lately and even though I like Fire very much, this instrumental is so dated. Cheesy as hell. (Well, even some later stuff Teddy did for Blackpink sounds dated af). The styles that tend to age better are those that didn't try to sound too modern, like the stuff Sweetune did for 9Muses for example. Back then they were viewed as old fashioned but this particular style ages better imo.

Speaking of Nine Muses, since we are at it, here is for anyone visiting this thread

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

And it's not even that old like 2000s old it's like 2010s old

It is not our fault that production style sounds too outdated even for that period. Most of these musicians you mentioned used production that gave it a timeless feeling. I can still bop to MJ classics but i can't even finish a song from the older gens because i get turned off from it. Just a few I can tolerate compared to the majority

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!