Now That ITZY Has Gone Gangsta Rap I Guess I'm Out

• Now That ITZY Has Gone Gangsta Rap I Guess I'm Out

What a disappointing turn for ITZY.

I've been a fan since debut.

Been on their train the entire time as a casual.

But this new direction is untenable.

I shut the MV off halfway through the first listen.

Had to wait 3 days to force myself to listen some more.

God damnit JYP.. don't fuck up one of my more favored groups. Just another group chasing the "I'm hard" wasteland of predictability.

The only aspect I actually liked was some of Lia's singing parts.

I should have guessed from the whole "mafia" concept it was gonna go that way. I just thought for sure they would put some cool spin on it.

This isn't what I wanted to come back to after my hiatus. I'm was stoked as I knew I have an ITZY comeback waiting for me.

Damnit.

Anyway I'm venting and disappointed.

Someone in creative needs to 180 this ship for next comeback.

Now I'll just have to look at this gif of Chaeryeong for awhile to cheer up.

ConstantChiefBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

• It took some people a while to like the songs because it is different than all of their songs but I prefer ITZY doing these types of songs than all of their previous songs. If they keep sticking to it, I think they will succeed in the long run with this concept.

• JYP got a lot of heat for this comeback, safe to say if he don't want anymore complaints he better stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

:pepestare:

Yea but the song is doing well on kcharts last I checked and its doing really good internationally so he will see that and double down I personally prefer singing /chanting Itzy Wannabe my fave song from them

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They might not stick to this sound, the initial backlash was quite big... idk what to say, I'm sorry for you

• It took some people a while to like the songs because it is different than all of their songs but I prefer ITZY doing these types of songs than all of their previous songs. If they keep sticking to it, I think they will succeed in the long run with this concept.

I like their old stuff better. But I hear they are doing well with this. So it seems people like this sort of thing.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They might not stick to this sound, the initial backlash was quite big... idk what to say, I'm sorry for you

Tzuyu will cure anything.

I am happy now.

Thank you.

:lover1:

• Yeah just wait for the next comeback. It got alot of negative reception at first but the song gets better the more they perform it, imo. Their Wannabe/Dalla Dalla sound remains their best though.

Did you listen to the bsides? :whatr:

Yeah, you should give the b-sides a try. They're not rap heavy.

• Yea but the song is doing well on kcharts last I checked and its doing really good internationally so he will see that and double down I personally prefer singing /chanting Itzy Wannabe my fave song from them

Welps, if they released a similar title track next, I'll be curious to see how people respond. I don't know if itzy were saved by the fans or if people really like the change of direction :pepe-cowboy:

I personally don't mind the change, I just think jyp should step far back away from the producing :pepeshock:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Official Post

Yeah, you should give the b-sides a try. They're not rap heavy.

Stream Shoot :siptear:

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yeah just wait for the next comeback. It got alot of negative reception at first but the song gets better the more they perform it, imo. Their Wannabe/Dalla Dalla sound remains their best though.

Did you listen to the bsides? :whatr:

No I haven't yet. I'll be doing that tonight. I had to get through my initial bad reaction to the title.

I didn't want that coloring my takes on the b-sides.

They have some good ones?

• No I haven't yet. I'll be doing that tonight. I had to get through my initial bad reaction to the title.

I didn't want that coloring my takes on the b-sides.

They have some good ones?

I like shoot. The instrumental is so good. It should be title track in my opinion

• Have you heard any other songs from their mini album? You may find something you'll like more. This title track is not as "GP friendly" as their other MV singles. The beat is one the hottest I've heard from JYPE in a very long time when it comes to edgier songs.

• Actually I liked it, the more you listen the better it gets.

A Blink would know all about having to listen to a song a hundred times until you like it.

External Content youtu.be

• I know you're being facetious but it'd be absolutely hilarious if a kpop group ever tried gangster rap or even a gangster rap beat.

Also fans needing to listen to songs dozens of times before before finding it okay will never get old.

• Official Post

A Blink would know all about having to listen to a song a hundred times until you like it.

Let's not.....

Anyway as for bsides, I really like SHOOT! and Tennis.

And random promo but anticipate Oh My Girl's comeback :pepelove2:

• Sorry. You can delete it if you'd like.

External Content youtu.be

• A Blink would know all about having to listen to a song a hundred times until you like it.

The first BP song I listened to was Ice Cream and I liked it at first listen. Infact I liked them all at first listen. So you might want to check your facts before you do your useless trolls.

• OH MY GIRL here to save kpop.

Is that coming soon?

Can't wait.

All I need in this world is another Secret Garden.

• Official Post

Yes! :omgr:

It's in 1-2 days actually! :omgr: I've heard alot of people say the MV reminds them of Signal. It's sounds like a cute Summer bop.

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!