Bully Irene

• I know this is old news but I just watched a video on koreans opinions on Irene's bullying scandal and it reignited how angry I was.

I just can't believe so many people r willing to overlook bullying. So many people brush it off as "just a mistake" or "she's only human"

No. Screaming in someones face until they cry is not "just a mistake" it's a vile, arrogant, act of someone who thinks they're better than that person.

I've had someone scream in my face until I cried. It's obviously horrible.

Theres is something seriously wrong with a person's personality when they believe they can treat another human being like that.

Imagine still stanning her or defending her. Disgusting. Have some standards for yourself and some care for anyone else who isnt ur idolised eonni 🙄

• Everyone was disappointed at her but how long will we drag it? She apologized twice and the person she misbehaved with only hoped for her attitude to change which we all are hoping for as well.

I hope it's a lesson learnt for her, if she continues this behaviour of hers then we'll know about it from someone else one day. But until then, there's no point in dragging it continuously bcoz what's done is done.

• What she did was wrong, but human beings have the ability to grow and change from their previous selves. We don't know what she's doing to improve herself, but we do know that she's made two apologies and personally spoke to the stylist she mistreated. The stylist has forgiven her and seemed to have moved on.

I'm not saying that Irene deserves to get a pass for this, but it's okay to give her the benefit of the doubt and move on, too. You don't have to like her, but you also don't have to hate her. You can choose to be indifferent to her or remain neutral just as how you feel about many other idols out there.

Yeh I get that :( it just makes me really mad. Everyones different I guess.

• Girl no one gaf how YOU feel about the situation the stylist forgave her Irene apologized 4 times and even told her fans to leave the lady alone and knetz moved on so It's best you build a bridge and get over it cause I assure you red velvet will be fine without you stanning them

Keep stanning ur nasty bitch no one cares 🥵

• Yeh I get that :( it just makes me really mad. Everyones different I guess.

It's already a long time ago. Why are you bringing such topics again. If you're angry, there's no need to make a whole thread about that thing in the past. Just leave her alone and forget about RV if you don't like her now.

• I don't stan her anymore cause I know how shitty it is to be yelled at at work

at the end of the day I hope she just keeps to her word cause 1 its a shitty thing to do and 2 it doesnt just affect her but her group as well

being a diva aint cute

• Screaming at someone for 20 minutes is not a mistake especially when bell shao said this wasnt the first time she did something likr this

Lmao. I don't even care since I don't stan RV. But I don't judge people that fast. And everything is over she has apologized. If she doesn't fix her attitude then eventually she will get in trouble again anyways. Then the people who supports her will reduce anyways. :pepefeelsweirdestman:

• It's no like she got away with what she did. So she apologies more then one time, even the Stylist forgive her and move on. What else do you want from her. I and many other accept her apologies and give her a second chance and hope she learn from her mistake and become a better person.

• irene is one of the only idols to actually reflect and apologize more than once after a scandal. shes promised to make efforts to be a better human, youre not the one she owes to an apology to so suck it up.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• While bullying is of course very wrong, it's also wrong to quickjump to conclusions and just tag every situation a bullying situation when there's a conflict (everyone remember the T-ARA 'bullying' scandal?).

You're entitled to believe, stan or dislike whatever and whoever you want to, of course.

But it's maybe good to keep some things in mind:

- We don't know the exact situation, the cause or context of the incident, we've only ever heard one side of the story and the stylist took care only to mention 'Irene yelling in her face', not why it happened or what the context was.

- In that regard, when you're emotional and hurt and you want to hurt someone back, there's no way you're not prone to exaggeration and painting a colored picture. So the whole' 15-20 min constant yelling in her face' should be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

- this was one incident, one time: one incident is not the same as constant bullying behavior, nor does one incident define someone's character. As a contrast, there have been MANY situations and incidents where Irene showed consideration and empathy with her members and staff.

- Irene has apologized, multiple times, and also realized the impact her words and scolding had in that situation. She has also talked with the stylist. The stylist has accepted the apology, and also admitted that people can act badly at times, and even admitted that there're probably people who she - the stylist - has treated badly at times and that may have been hurt by things she said or did.

So if the stylist can do that, why not you?

I can recall times that I've been hurt by the words of others and wanted to hurt them back, but when I confronted some of those persons, they said they never realized their words had that impact and that they never intended to cause hurt like that. And reverse, I've had people talk to me about things I said or did where I never realized or intended any harm like the effect it had on that other person.

it happens. We're all human, with our good and bad moments, nobody's a saint or hasn't ever unintentionally hurt someone with something they said or did (and don't believe it when people say they are). One or even multiple bad incidents where we go off don't define us.

And this applies to idols too.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• i'm not defending her or blaming her. i didn't really care for red velvet before, like i had no opinion about them before and i still dont for the rest of the members. i don't like irene, but i don't dislike her either. it didn't really change my impression of her (she always looked kinda scary to me), but i notice her more than before, i believe its unintentional cuz i really don't have anything against her

• I got bullied many times in school. I cried almost every month every single year. But I dont hold a grudge or anything. Thats just the nature of human.

But for you to call someone a nasty bxtch eventho you werent the one in that situation. And the victim already accepted her apology is low. You are no better than her. In fact, I would say you are worse judging by how you are acting. Disgusting behavior.

"Keep stanning ur nasty bitch no one cares 🥵"

• If the stylist had treated Irene like that, no one would have defended her. But because it was Irene, they are jumping through hoops to defend her despite several other people who worked with her backing the stylist up.

Just shows fans will blindly defend their idols no matter what. No wonder she thought she could get away with it! Also hilarious how they say they “she apologised” when she only did so after being exposed.

• I'm pretty sure that majority of the idols had these type of scandals, bigger or smaller, that were swept under the rug for the greater good (money). We only know what they want us to know, that's why image ruining leaks hit fans so hard.

• Not that I'm condoning her behavior, but as others have mentioned, I don't think you really understand how hard it is to be an idol. It's only now that people are starting realize how often celebrities around the world crack under the pressure. She should be held responsible, as she was, but also should be extended empathy. There has been so many reports of the positive way she's treated those she's worked with before, which is part of why this news was so shocking. It's good she made her multiple apologies, but at the end of the day, they don't matter. What's important is her future behavior, and that remains to be seen.

Now to put things in perspective, as someone who works in the entertainment industry in the US, that kind of behavior is neither shocking nor uncommon, whether it's actors, musicians, athletes, etc, I have personally seen or heard from the direct source levels of entitlement, disrespect, and straight up abuse, you can't even imagine, so hearing about it this one incident doesn't really faze me in the slightest. Things just happen to be covered up way more successfully here, but that's a whole other topic. It's just funny when I see people who would literally give their lives for someone like Ariana Grande, when she is one of the most entitled brats and genuinely rude and abusive divas in the industry. I wasn't going to call anyone out specifically, but it's just the fact that she is so beloved by many people who belong to similar demographics as Kpop fans.

• the stylist accepted her apologises, Irene apologised many times, I think she will reflect better now on her attitude (she didn't get this without consequences BTW)

also the one who should forgive her or not was the real victim (stylist) and SHE ACCEPTED IRENE'S APOLOGIES

it's past time to move on from this issue, some "fans" should stop acting like this was a SERIOUS CRIME OR SOMETHING

ugh

• I used to be upset at her even after her apologies but this topic is brought up so often that it’s just annoying now... the girl is human and made a mistake. The stylist forgave her and that’s the only thing that matters.

• Pretty privilege.

When Jimin was exposed as a bully, people said she looked like Samuel L. Jackson and said "she was always the ugliest member to me".

When literal rumours (completely unconfirmed) about Woojin's sexual harassment came out, people ripped up their photocards and said "glad I don't have to pretend he's good-looking anymore". I saw someone say he looks like "an uglier version of Sid the Science Kid".

But when Irene is revealed to have abused her power over staff members MULTIPLE TIMES, she's cradled with love and her fans attack the victim. She hot and she's popular so everyone thinks she can do no wrong

Whatever. The stylist already accepted her apology. I think we should stop butting in now. But it still disturbs me that people can't understand that workplace abuse isn't a small matter :sweatr:

• Idk why calling her ugly is the type of justice you're looking for but If it'll make you feel better check out the comments from pann posts about her.

• I dont care at all about this incident but I wish the video was released. This incident triggered SM's PR team lightning fast so the video itself must have been so damning.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• Are you the one Irene yelled at. No.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Idk why calling her ugly is the type of justice you're looking for but If it'll make you feel better check out the comments from pann posts about her.

I didn't say I wanted her to be called ugly? I'm just pointing out the different reactions. Other "uglier" idols are cancelled immediately but Irene still has thousands of dedicated fans that overlook what she did because she's pretty and popular.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!