Twice could never

• While I was watching Itzys new comeback I was really surprised by the quality of the video. They had all real sets and little cgi effects. It looks like Twice's World in a day concert and ICSM comeback money is serving some good use but JYP should be investing more into Twice.

Itzy even had a different pair of outfits for their comeback showcase, music video, and comeback stage while Twice reused the same outfits for their comeback showcase, mv, and stages even their Kelly Clarkson performance is reused outfits.

Its going to be really sad if this comeback flops with the budget they used on Itzy that was supposed to go for Twice's June comeback and Nayeons solo debut. And you cant even use the excuse that Itzy are rookies bc they are not anymore ;(

• Unnecessary thread. I bet the company knows their finances.

no they dont :) And it is a necessary thread because Twice have been working hard to get JYP that money just so that it can be spend all of it on ITZY and they continue to get the bare minimum. Its the same for all JYP groups actually. Itzy is the only ones who get special and expensive things even though they are not as popular as the rest

• I don't think there should be any surprise from a Twice fans perspective.

We were heading down this road a while ago.

Do you seriously think this music is any more interesting, creative or in any way better than any Twice video?

Like, are we watching the same thing here?

I understand if we're talking about Not Shy or Icy.

But this was some AleXa-level shit, it's the Itzy fans that should be mad.

• no they dont :) And it is a necessary thread because Twice have been working hard to get JYP that money just so that it can be spend all of it on ITZY and they continue to get the bare minimum. Its the same for all JYP groups actually. Itzy is the only ones who get special and expensive things even though they are not as popular as the rest

Itzy is legit one of the most popular kpop groups right now. What are you smoking? You wanna them to drop the ball? Of course they have to keep investing. keep barking.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Do you seriously think this music is any more interesting, creative or in any way better than any Twice video?

Like, are we watching the same thing here?

I understand if we're talking about Not Shy or Icy.

But this was some AleXa-level shit, it's the Itzy fans that should be mad.

It's the level of investment and time fans shouldn't be surprised with, JYPE have clearly gone all out with this comeback - execution is a completely different story. I'm not a massive MV person myself but the larger audience that do like it are about big sets/costumes and whatnot.

People it the thread quoting Got7 as well when it took Twice one year from debut to become the biggest group in the company whilst taking over South Korea and Japan. They earned the investment whilst still being rookies. They're not like for like situations at all.

• well thats what he did to got7 and miss a. you cant underestimate jyps stupidity

If he really is that dumb, I hope Twice walk.

They have a huge super-devoted fandom. They could hire a producer, set up a studio in one of their apartments and put out their next Japanese smash within two months. I hope they don't accept less than they deserve. They've got a whole Wimbledon of balls in their court, they should see that.

• It's the level of investment and time fans shouldn't be surprised with - execution is a completely different story. I'm not a massive MV person myself but the larger audience that do like it are about big sets/costumes and whatnot.

But, you know, big sets, especially for a company like JYPE, isn't a particularly expensive endeavour.
    This is the weird k-pop mentality where, idk, there's just completely bizarre assumptions about the amount of music spent sometimes.

It often comes down to, "I like this, so it's expensive". We got that with More & More, an obviously very expensive video that was also obviously not very good. So the complaint isn't with creative bankruptcy (which is the actual real problem at JYPE right now imo) but that they simply didn't throw enough money at the fucking project as if that would yield any better result.

For the broader argument that it's a question of investment, I'm going to just say that it looks like the level of investment varies depending on the project. Like I can't comprehend the Got7/Twice thing, either, because Twice NEVER got particularly expensive-looking videos, outside of a couple of exceptions. And Got7 never did, ever. JYPE don't spend that much money on videos in comparison to the other big two. Sometimes they spend more than others, and who knows why they do that. I can't see the trend. I don't understand why they spent so much for Not Shy, and then went to the bargain bin for this one. It's a mystery.

• no they dont :) And it is a necessary thread because Twice have been working hard to get JYP that money just so that it can be spend all of it on ITZY and they continue to get the bare minimum. Its the same for all JYP groups actually. Itzy is the only ones who get special and expensive things even though they are not as popular as the rest

This makes no sense. What jyp group other than twice is more popular than Itzy? You can make an argument with skzs, but neither far out ranks the other. Why do people act like Itzy makes no money? they are starting to sell over 200k consistently. Many companies would kill to have a group selling over 200k.

• But, you know, big sets, especially for a company like JYPE, isn't a particularly expensive endeavour.
    This is the weird k-pop mentality where, idk, there's just completely bizarre assumptions about the amount of music spent sometimes.

It often comes down to, "I like this, so it's expensive". We got that with More & More, an obviously very expensive video that was also obviously not very good. So the complaint isn't with creative bankruptcy (which is the actual real problem at JYPE right now imo) but that they simply didn't throw enough money at the fucking project as if that would yield any better result.

For the broader argument that it's a question of investment, I'm going to just say that it looks like the level of investment varies depending on the project. Like I can't comprehend the Got7/Twice thing, either, because Twice NEVER got particularly expensive-looking videos, outside of a couple of exceptions. And Got7 never did, ever. JYPE don't spend that much money on videos in comparison to the other big two. Sometimes they spend more than others, and who knows why they do that. I can't see the trend. I don't understand why they spent so much for Not Shy, and then went to the bargain bin for this one. It's a mystery.

I think the issue for a long time has been the lack of any creativity in the company - the thing is you say not an expensive endeavor and talk about previous videos when JYPE in 2016 were just not as big as they are now. Got7 fans annoyance came from the push Twice got but that stemmed from them being massively in demand by the public (reminiscent of Brave Girls at the moment), whereas they weren't. But even now, JYPE outsource so much more than the other big 3.

On the investment and broader point - I could honestly write essays on that if I wasn't in the middle of work but I'll just paste my thoughts from a few weeks back. For me there is an obvious pattern and has been for a while. For what Twice generate the quality and care is consistently not there and for me investment is not just money. The group are clearly treated as a textbook definition of a cash cow. You might not like this Itzy video but the whole promotional cycle/period is the most JYPE have ever done for a group. Whereas Twice a few months releasing a full album on their 5th year anniversary gets rushed through like any other release of theirs to make space for a throwaway Japanese release that also got next to nothing promotion wise.

• i think it's clear why JYP would want to invest more in Itzy now than in Twice

Twice is a 6yo GG, they are becoming an old group by Kpop standard, their contract renewal is in 1 or 2 years he don't know what will happen

meanwhile Itzy represent the future of JYP, they are a new GG, and they are suppose to be the main GG of JYP if something happen

Kpop is an industry, longevity and business matter more than fans complaints

plus JYP don't have any goal to invest more in Twice, since he can clearly see that even with the bare minimum he gave them, people are still buying

so why would he invest more for the same result

when he can invest less, and have the same result than always

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Itzy sold overall 500k last year. JYP is givin them their time. Kpoppies are funny, critique companies but want JYP drop Itzy dead because they don't sell a million (like many other kpop groups don't)

I don't have anything against Itzy and haven't said anything against them. But aren't you quite the troll yourself?

• I don't have anything against Itzy and haven't said anything against them. But aren't you quite the troll yourself?

Not really. I'm just ofended by this thread. I like Twice very much and have been listening to their tracks nonstop and I feel like some Onces are just being too salty. I hope this 2021 comeback comes to slay us all and bring back peace. If not you guys can just shade JYP and leave the group Itzy alone.

• Not really. I'm just ofended by this thread. I like Twice very much and have been listening to their tracks nonstop and I feel like some Onces are just being too salty. I hope this 2021 comeback comes to slay us all and bring back peace. If not you guys can just shade JYP and leave the group Itzy alone.

But I can't see this thread being directed at Itzy at all. They are used as example and the target is JYPe and their lack of promotion and investment in Twice.

• Itzy sold overall 500k last year. JYP is givin them their time. Kpoppies are funny, critique companies but want JYP drop Itzy dead because they don't sell a million (like many other kpop groups don't)

Itzy album sales probably payed for less then 10% of their comeback budget and the rest is Twice's money

• Not really. I'm just ofended by this thread. I like Twice very much and have been listening to their tracks nonstop and I feel like some Onces are just being too salty. I hope this 2021 comeback comes to slay us all and bring back peace. If not you guys can just shade JYP and leave the group Itzy alone.

I never shaded Itzy tho

• While I was watching Itzys new comeback I was really surprised by the quality of the video. They had all real sets and little cgi effects. It looks like Twice's World in a day concert and ICSM comeback money is serving some good use but JYP should be investing more into Twice.

Itzy even had a different pair of outfits for their comeback showcase, music video, and comeback stage while Twice reused the same outfits for their comeback showcase, mv, and stages even their Kelly Clarkson performance is reused outfits.

Its going to be really sad if this comeback flops with the budget they used on Itzy that was supposed to go for Twice's June comeback and Nayeons solo debut. And you cant even use the excuse that Itzy are rookies bc they are not anymore ;(

Way to make it seem like Itzy makes no money, I'm so tired of Onces bitching about Itzy and SKZ promos like Twice doesn't get anything nice. Do something productive and stream EWO instead of making unnecessary threads.

• Itzy album sales probably payed for less then 10% of their comeback budget and the rest is Twice's money

It's not Twice's money, it's JYPE's money. Twice promotions and sales bring in money, which is then split out between the Twice members according to their contract and JYPE. Twice already has their money.

Any money left is JYPE's money and they can use it as they see fit.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• if JYP makes the songs, albums, films the mvs, takes the photos....isnt JYPs money :/:/

It's not Twice's money, it's JYPE's money. Twice promotions and sales bring in money, which is then split out between the Twice members according to their contract and JYPE. Twice already has their money.

Any money left is JYPE's money and they can use it as they see fit.

well any normal company would use the left over revenue to pay for the next artists comeback instead of using it all on other artists and then giving the breadwinner the leftovers. Twice is the most overworked idol in probably all of kpop so they deserve to have the quality things Itzy gets such as expensive sets and new outfits.

• well any normal company would use the left over revenue to pay for the next artists comeback instead of using it all on other artists and then giving the breadwinner the leftovers. Twice is the most overworked idol in probably all of kpop so they deserve to have the quality things Itzy gets such as expensive sets and new outfits.

Do you not like twice MVs? Fancy? Feel special?? TT?? ICSM???

• well any normal company would use the left over revenue to pay for the next artists comeback instead of using it all on other artists and then giving the breadwinner the leftovers. Twice is the most overworked idol in probably all of kpop so they deserve to have the quality things Itzy gets such as expensive sets and new outfits.

I'm just saying that I don't know enough about the inner workings of an entertainment business or about their finances to tell them how to spend their money.

In fact, I'm guessing that a lot more money gets spent on Twice that we ever even realize.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I'm just saying that I don't know enough about the inner workings of an entertainment business or about their finances to tell them how to spend their money.

In fact, I'm guessing that a lot more money gets spent on Twice that we ever even realize.

For real. Like people are forgetting they literally constructed a prismatic island in the middle of a lake in Jeju for the More & More music video but automatically label the M/V as low-budget and cheap because of some CGI jaguars? M&M deserves better and more appreciation.

the resident tzubin shipper

• For real. Like people are forgetting they literally constructed a prismatic island in the middle of a lake in Jeju for the More & More music video but automatically label the M/V as low-budget and cheap because of some CGI jaguars? M&M deserves better and more appreciation.

that pyramid was the only cool thing but even that was plagerized and caused bad publicity for Twice. Besides that scene and the one when they are dancing with the hideous outfits, the rest of the video was on a green screen that made me feel like i took lsd. More and Mores mv was all over the place, I couldn't even understand the concept they were going for because one min they were with a cute jaguar and then they were transported to a beach by a portal and then after that they were dancing on a stage on top of water and then they did a dance break in ugly outfits.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!