Twice (2016-2019 fancy) era was the reason for k-pop

• YouTube randomly recommended me Twice’s likey and it made me reminisce the good o’ times of twice when I got into k-pop and was a stan.

They made me interested in k-pop like never before. So cute, so happy and vibrant.

These are some songs and vibes you never really get in k-pop anymore:

- Like ooh-ahh

- Signal

- Knock knock

- TT

- What is love

- Heartshaker

- Yes or Yes

- Likey

- BDZ

- Cheer up

- Candy pop (best Japanese song from k-pop idol)

- Fancy (but not my most favourite)

..the list goes on..

Their amazing vlives, and their music were so unbeatable. Let’s not forget 2018 mama stages. Whenever you need a dose of happiness you could always come to their videos and be entertained.

To some saying twice will not leave a legacy is super foolish, in fact they will leave one of the best. Their music and what they have impacted (the cute yet happy concept) will be rmb. I sometimes think they brought j-pop-ish music into k-pop and it’s part of the reason I stanned them.

Although I no longer stan them, I believe they will leave a mark in k-pop. I’ll still rmb them as the ones that brought me into k-pop and became obsessed (all the albums).

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• They’ve had some of the best bops in Kpop EVER

TT, Heart Shaker, What Is Love, Likey are my favorites.

I can’t even tell you how often I had TT on repeat when it first came out.

• I understand why you may not stan them anymore, personally I still like them the same but I would be lying if I say that I don't prefer their "old" title tracks... They are just so fun and nice, idk if they will ever make a CB with those vibes anymore, I sure as hell will miss it :(

• Too many fans just disregard TWICE b/c they had one year where they weren't statistically the #1 GG yet forget the 4 years before that where they dominated every aspect (undisputedly #1).

It's more triggering when newer fans try to start a narrative of Twice being some fuckin nugu and seeing ppl hop on the trend

anyways LIKEY is the song that hooked me and I'm guessing for many others as well

• It is interesting to see how people get into K-Pop. Although I do not believe Twice is the end all be all of K-Pop (Although I love them a lot). I would like to recommend some other K-Pop songs for you based on your songs listed here.

- Like ooh-ahh:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Signal:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Knock knock:

- TT:

- What is love:

- Heartshaker:

- Yes or Yes:

- Likey:

- BDZ:

- Cheer up:

- Candy pop:

- Fancy:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Twice offered up nothing but intolerable children's music until Fancy. Now, they are very good - and I'm sure they feel much happier not being infantilized for profit by JYP. :)

Fancy is no more childish than Likey or What is Love

• I agree! Fancy is what got me into Twice and they've been my ult group ever since! It was such a legendary song that people still play to this day. Also, I was getting Fancy, Likey, and TT a lot in my recommendations and they kept coming every time I listened to a KPOP group so I was like, why not? And I'm so glad I did.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• People who say Twice won't be in the history books are delusional. They already left their mark on K-pop. I look forward to more of them in 2021

They are already in books :)

External Content twitter.com

kpoptextbook.jpg

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I'm curious to know how old the fans that don't like their style anymore are. I guess it's a lot of younger fans that prefered their earlier songs and concepts. I'm proably one of the oldes on this forum, I would say Knock Knock was the song that made me realize Twice maybe was good after all, I did not like them much before that. And I also love their latest song, I can't stop me, one of their best.

• I used to be into twice heavy in 2015-2016 twice and gfriend but then I found out about RV and BP I only got in kpop when snsd was huge then left once Jessica left came back cause I saw twice and gfriend promo on this game I played liked them found out about RV and BP and been a Reveluv since mostly thanks to Russian Roulette but I got back into twice with Fancy and Feel special then left again with more and more and came back for ICSM hopefully they stick to songs like fancy icsm and fs

• I'm curious to know how old the fans that don't like their style anymore are. I guess it's a lot of younger fans that prefered their earlier songs and concepts. I'm proably one of the oldes on this forum, I would say Knock Knock was the song that made me realize Twice maybe was good after all, I did not like them much before that. And I also love their latest song, I can't stop me, one of their best.

Twice was really the best k-pop group for me during those eras. You don’t have these cute and happy music they do, and they always make fun and entertaining videos. They were the best and my only ult then.

But after their new concepts, I would say the music is good, but the vibes aren’t the same anymore. I was low-key hoping maybe some cute music from more&more (like a fancy maybe) and was excited from the garden teasers and pre-ordered, but when the music came out I was actually disappointed. Only fanfare did the justice for me.

Tzuyu looks beautiful in feel special tho.

• I used to be into twice heavy in 2015-2016 twice and gfriend but then I found out about RV and BP I only got in kpop when snsd was huge then left once Jessica left came back cause I saw twice and gfriend promo on this game I played liked them found out about RV and BP and been a Reveluv since mostly thanks to Russian Roulette but I got back into twice with Fancy and Feel special then left again with more and more and came back for ICSM hopefully they stick to songs like fancy icsm and fs

Twice cheer up and ooh ahh. Some of the good hits!

• Not at me thinking kkk :clown:;(

its probably me but sometimes i tend to abbreviate certain words and not others.

Like to this day even if messages or texts or whatever i will still not use "u" and instead write out the whole "you"

but yes my fav twice song is Knock Knock which I believe is not that popular amongst onces (when i mean popular I mean not generally once's top choice).

• OP what makes you stan blackpink? if you don't mind me asking, some people have polarizing opinions about their concepts and music and they are very different from twice.

Ngl I always preferred Twice’s cute/happy concept. Even if I have to choose rn, it’s still the best era for me.

For bp, it started after twice new shift which made me hard to stan them as a group, and lost interest in k-pop. Then HYLT dropped, the MV was conceptually nice, then started watching their vlives, found them cute. Discovered their b-sides and also after the album release, it really made me want to join the revolution. Rose can be cute and is gf material type. Lisa is quite cheeky. Jennie is the bad bitch. Jisoo is the smart one. Also they are pretty and have the boss bitch vibes.

I used to be a bp anti too after once/blink fights lol. Such irony. :shyr: You never know an anti can change as well

Edited once, last by invstor099 ().

• I sometimes think they brought j-pop-ish music into k-pop and it’s part of the reason I stanned them

I like that! I feel the the same, I guess thats why I like them so much ^^ You have the happy Jpop world combined with a group that is more easily accessible

• I understand why you may not stan them anymore, personally I still like them the same but I would be lying if I say that I don't prefer their "old" title tracks... They are just so fun and nice, idk if they will ever make a CB with those vibes anymore, I sure as hell will miss it :(

Me too! The difference is that I still stan them lol. A few comebacks I don’t like won’t make me unstan them, and I’m hopeful that 2021 will bring us more cheerful and happy Twice comebacks <3

I also dont realy see it happening tbh.. but maybe they surprise us again and I sure as hell would be ultra happy if happy Twice would come back :omgr:

• Ngl I always preferred Twice’s cute/happy concept. Even if I have to choose rn, it’s still the best era for me.

For bp, it started after twice new shift which made me hard to stan them as a group, and lost interest in k-pop. Then HYLT dropped, the MV was conceptually nice, then started watching their vlives, found them cute. Discovered their b-sides and also after the album release, it really made me want to join the revolution. Rose can be cute and is gf material type. Lisa is quite cheeky. Jennie is the bad bitch. Jisoo is the smart one. Also they are pretty and have the boss bitch vibes.

I used to be a bp anti too after once/blink fights lol. Such irony. :shyr: You never know an anti can change as well

or you like both the girls are friends themselves snd so should we

• Ngl I always preferred Twice’s cute/happy concept. Even if I have to choose rn, it’s still the best era for me.

this is pretty interesting

there are some groups I initially didn't like but ended up liking later.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!