Honestly, why do you think Cube debuted Shuhua?

• Contrary to popular opinion, I actually love the fact that Shuhua debuted. I love her as a person - she's funny, intelligent, generally very likeable. She's actually one of my favorite members in the group.

But as an idol, her skills are clearly very limited. Her singing and dancing are subpar for someone who's already been in the industry for 3 years (not counting her training period.)

It still confounds me why Cube debuted her in the first place? Like she clearly didn't debut because of her performance skills. Her visuals are good, but not outstanding. Miyeon or another member could very competently fulfil the visual role. It wasn't to fulfil Chinese stan attractor role since she's a risk factor being Taiwanese and Yuqi effectively performs that role.

Now that she's debuted, I'd definitely feel Idle is missing something if there's no Shuhua, but that's because we've come to know and connect and form an attachment with the girls in their current form over the years, but this wasn't the case predebut.

What do you think was the motivation behind Cube debuting Shuhua in the first place at the time of their debut?

Do you think that the girls are really close and her unnies just loved her too much that they can't stand being separated and begged Cube to debut them together?

• This is a very controversial post but I kinda sort agree - I don't really see need for Shuhua but you're not looking for someone to agree with you, you need a Shuhua stan to be able to answer you on that

The line I bolded is where I would disagree with you - I truly do not see the purpose for Shuhua even after 2.5 years of G-Idle. All other members fit some purpose of the group but Shuhua I truly don't know her purpose.

• Literally this could said for any group.

Not everyone in a group is equally talented, there is always someone who is more talented while someone is less that doesn't means the less talented one shouldn't have debut or should be kicked out. In every group some member could be pointed out and it could be said that even if that member wasn't it group, it won't affect the group that much.

Shuhua has her own charms, she is beautiful and funny. Her fans cams have SECOND highest amount of views in the group so its clear that people love watching her, she doesn't needs anyone's validation.

Honestly this kind of posts are getting annoying at this point.

• i have to agree with you. i'm not a nevie so i can't attest to shuhua's personality or charms but as far as professional skills actually go, she doesn't contribute much to the group. she can't sing, she's not a talented dancer, she doesn't fill the variety superstar role (e.g dahyun, kwanghee, bomi, etc), this is debatable but i'd say she's behind miyeon, yuqi and soojin for visuals too.

i personally think it's a shame cube didn't debut eunbin and chowon in (g)i-dle. ik eunbin is already an established member of clc and chowon was supposed to be in iz*one so their stars were aligned elsewhere, - but eunbin would've suited idle more considering the closer age group and would've lifted idle's visual line up. chowon suits idle's versatile concepts too, she has a fierce stage presence and a great husky rap voice that would've complimented soyeon's voice.

i hate to say it but shuhua is a prime example of a filler member. bland, plain jane with no talents to back her up. she's a nice girl i'm sure but i honestly think she chose the wrong profession.

• I'm not saying Shuhua shouldn't have debuted. Her personality is endearing. As you said, she's a great stan attractor and is the bias of many in the fandom (me included), but we didn't know this prior to debut.

What I'm asking is what do you think was the motivation for Cube debuting Shuhua at that time?

Was there really no other candidate in the company who they thought would be better suited?

Personally, I believe debuting Shuhua was the right choice, but how could they have known that back then when she didn't really have much to support her case other than blind faith that she'd do well.

• she would have obviously qualified cube's evaluation inorder to be selected to debut in gidle, it isn't some black magic.

nobody on akp is a cube employee so what's the point of asking here,

all you will get here is assholes shading shuhua and calling her useless, filler and what not

• visual and money. she definitely contributes to sales from china. they pay her dust so im pretty sure its cause of that plus she adds personality to the group cause the older members are pretty boring

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Was (G)-IDLE supposed to be a 7 member group? 6 is just so random, and it’s a little more difficult for choreography.

I stan talent so I don’t get Shuhua at all. She seems like a hindrance to them. They hide her in choreography, she barely gets in any lines in the songs, etc.

ღ Sulli

• i've seen worse filler members in other groups they're not even pretty lol at least shuhua is both pretty and really funny

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• i have to agree with you. i'm not a nevie so i can't attest to shuhua's personality or charms but as far as professional skills actually go, she doesn't contribute much to the group. she can't sing, she's not a talented dancer, she doesn't fill the variety superstar role (e.g dahyun, kwanghee, bomi, etc), this is debatable but i'd say she's behind miyeon, yuqi and soojin for visuals too.

i personally think it's a shame cube didn't debut eunbin and chowon in (g)i-dle. ik eunbin is already an established member of clc and chowon was supposed to be in iz*one so their stars were aligned elsewhere, - but eunbin would've suited idle more considering the closer age group and would've lifted idle's visual line up. chowon suits idle's versatile concepts too, she has a fierce stage presence and a great husky rap voice that would've complimented soyeon's voice.

i hate to say it but shuhua is a prime example of a filler member. bland, plain jane with no talents to back her up. she's a nice girl i'm sure but i honestly think she chose the wrong profession.

Eunbin? Really? She is as a filler as shuhua is. Though it’s quite weird to debut her in already debuted group rather than a new group, and she was pretty close with soyeon too back in produce 101.

• Of course, you would say that, you stan the plainest looking female idols. Irene, Jennie, Wonyoung and Taeyeon.

Miyeon fits the standard as well and she's gorgeous

90e852c4942662676718a101dd24d103.jpg

And guess what all of my favorites are WINNING at the end of the day. They’re all successful, and typing at me like a damn keyboard warrior isn’t going to do shit to diminish their success. At the end of the day Shuhua does fit korean standards, and I’ll be honest I forgot about Miyeon.. yikes anyway.

• Hasn't this been adressed a hundred times already?

Alright, Cube casted Shuhua for her looks. When she autioned they were very pleased to add such a strong visual to their roster. So that's what her role was always supposed to be. Now one might ask: what about Miyeon? Isn't she the true visual ace of (G)I-DLE? Maybe, but Miyeon joined Cube very late, a few months only before the group's debut. Plans were already being made for sure. Plus, as a Taiwanese Shuhua can bring in another demographic so why the hell not?

So my personal take on it is: I think Shuhua is the weakest member of the group. She's the least talented by far. But she belongs to (G)I-DLE because (G)I-DLE sees it that way. If the members want Shuhua in, I want her in too. My personal judgment is irrelevant.

• She brings more character into the group and helps balance them, IMO.

Sure she’s not the best dancer or singer, but she’s an idol, she doesn’t need to be the best.

• Came here to say this. Following the same reasoning, why did SM debut half of SNSD?

Did you just try to compare Shuhua to SNSD?? You trying to get her dragged SNSD had 5 amazing vocalists and 4 amazing dancers no one in SNSD was filler at all ! Hyo Sooyoung Yuri Yoona brought amazing dancing and visuals and personality SM debuted them because they're actually talented and even the worst singers and dancers in SNSD outshine Shuhua on her best day you were better off using TWICE as an example instead of the God mothers of kpop Ggs and even then TWICE most useless members still contribute to the group overall

• Did you just try to compare Shuhua to SNSD?? You trying to get her dragged SNSD had 5 amazing vocalists and 4 amazing dancers no one in SNSD was filler at all ! Hyo Sooyoung Yuri Yoona brought amazing dancing and visuals and personality SM debuted them because they're actually talented and even the worst singers and dancers in SNSD outshine Shuhua on her best day you were better off using TWICE as an example instead of the God mothers of kpop Ggs and even then TWICE most useless members still contribute to the group overall

uh, ok I guess.

• Eunbin? Really? She is as a filler as shuhua is. Though it’s quite weird to debut her in already debuted group rather than a new group, and she was pretty close with soyeon too back in produce 101.

at least she can sing a line and she would've definitely been the visual of the group

• Came here to say this. Following the same reasoning, why did SM debut half of SNSD?

u cannot seriously be questioning this...........

it doesn't take a sone to know that every person in snsd had or could have had a main or lead roles. there was not a single member who either couldn't truly sing nor dance.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!