what do y'all think about idol weed controversies?

• i personally don't care

619655b4e13b4196411f25edec4ddf04.gif

like it's much better than tobacco. you can argue that they're using drugs in a country where it's illegal therefore they're criminals but i'm no different lmao weed makes me sleep nicely and relax but it's illegal in my country too. just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong those idols don't harm anyone 🏃

but i would lose a lot of respect if they did cocaine or something because that's fucking stupid

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• lmao weed makes me sleep nicely and relax but it's illegal in my country too.

:wow:

I am more worried about them drinking alcohol like water, they even brag about it on live TV which is worrying. I don't know much about weed but I think it is less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes for sure.

• It gets me extremely mad cos it shouldn't be a controversy, it's just weed people CHILL, besides, idols making these choices (smoking cigarettes/ weed )literally doesn't affect others so if people could mind their own business that would be great :)

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• i dont care, its legal where i am so maybe that plays a part in my opinion

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

• :wow:

If you wanna talk about the harmful effect I am more worry about them drinking down alcohol like water, they even brag about it on live TV which is worrying. I don't know much about weed but I think it is less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes for sure.

yeah it's interesting that this culture brags about alcohol consumption but rages over inhaling plant smoke jkhsdj education is a must

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

• I agree - don't use it myself bc it makes me either paranoid or (more) stupid but it's definitely no worse than alcohol (and a bit less addicting) and has more positive applications. Lots of bad laws out there; govt stamps don't make it right.

And weed and artists seem to naturally go together? It's a relaxing mind-opener. As long as they aren't addicts or do it so much it effects their long-term memory it's all good.

Cocaine is SO stupid omg. The way it can outright lead to long-term nerve damage and disorders and destroy your serotonin system is terrifying

• yeah it's interesting that this culture brags about alcohol consumption but rages over inhaling plant smoke jkhsdj education is a must

I agree lol I would never get how Korean embrace drinking culture like it is so healthy while can't be bothered with other less harmful alternatives..

• I personally don't care either

I don't care if it's legal or illegal either

Just because something is the law doesn't mean it's right

Exactly! It's one thing doing illegal stuff like for example the idols involved in the burning sun incident, those actions hurt other people , but someone smoked weed or even did any other drugs it's their problem and their life and in that case how is it justifiable to try and bring someone's career down. I don't get it it get's me so mad *cough B.I cough*

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• i don't like it at all. i don't really know korean laws as i am not a korean citizen, but even if it is illegal, that's not what i care about. over a longer time period it can be harmful for both your mental health and physical condition. in this kind of industry that's not helpful in any way.

• In SK it's illegal. Do weed your faves get punishment. Doesn't matter what your opinions on weed are.

that's just sad. k-celebrities who have had DUI can be accepted back into the entertainment industry though, that's a crime too and it's 5000x worse

• I don't really care.

However, weed is illegal so if they do it, they are knowingly breaking the law. I know you guys will be like "but it's just weed" but hello newsflash, in SK it is illegal. You don't want SKoreans to dictate what is right and what is wrong in your country, so neither should you. If they deem it harmful enough to be illegal, then it is.

It doesnt matter if it is harmful or if other substances are more harmful. I see so many of you people (not in this thread but past threads as well) trying to impose your mentality onto SKoreans like worry about your own country

• I don't really care.

However, weed is illegal so if they do it, they are knowingly breaking the law. I know you guys will be like "but it's just weed" but hello newsflash, in SK it is illegal. You don't want SKoreans to dictate what is right and what is wrong in your country, so neither should you. If they deem it harmful enough to be illegal, then it is.

It doesnt matter if it is harmful or if other substances are more harmful. I see so many of you people (not in this thread but past threads as well) trying to impose your mentality onto SKoreans like worry about your own country

i think we can differentiate between 'interfering' in other country's laws (which i agree none of our business) and not really caring about whether this idol is smoking weed or not. get the consequences if he must if he did break the law, but i don't necessarily think less of him, if that makes sense.

• Exactly! It's one thing doing illegal stuff like for example the idols involved in the burning sun incident, those actions hurt other people , but someone smoked weed or even did any other drugs it's their problem and their life and in that case how is it justifiable to try and bring someone's career down. I don't get it it get's me so mad *cough B.I cough*

Yea pretty much

what people choose to do with their bodies is their business

and it just seems so hypocritical when you hear these stories about how koreans have bad drunks and reckless drivers and even recently on tiktok ive seen lots of women say how men refuse to wear condoms

but a dude cant smoke a joint?

• i think we can differentiate between 'interfering' in other country's laws (which i agree none of our business) and not really caring about whether this idol is smoking weed or not. get the consequences if he must if he did break the law, but i don't necessarily think less of him, if that makes sense.

Yeah. I mean I personally don't really care, but if he/she gets backlash from his own country citizens because he/she break the laws of his own country, then they deserve it. They knowingly broke the law end end.

I mean for SK is already chill. In my country possession can get you up to 10 years jail + caning, and trafficking about 500g may result in death penalty. Getting cancelled is already a small penalty if you want to compare

• I don't really care.

i love how you talk as if i live in netherlands lmao. i live in the middle east and it's stupid that it's illegal!! just because it's illegal there doesn't mean we can't criticize their lack of education on these matters, i don't care what they do in the end

• If it's illegal, then it's illegal. Know the consequences. My problem with it is not using, but financing drug-trafficking organizations, which are also arms-trafficking organizations, and kill and threaten a lot of people around the world. I have no problem with people using it where it's legal and buying it legally.

• i love how you talk as if i live in netherlands lmao. i live in the middle east and it's stupid that it's illegal!! just because it's illegal there doesn't mean we can't criticize their lack of education on these matters, i don't care what they do in the end

It's not directed at you I'm just speaking in general. Just because some countries are ok with weed doesn't mean SK should follow them. If they think it's bad and choose to make it illegal it is their choice.

The law is the law. If they knowingly break the law they deserved to get punished, regardless of whether we think the law is stupid or not end end. You can go on and on saying how people are unaware about the "medical/recreational benefits" or how "some substances are more lethal but are legal" it doesn't matter here. Law means law so unless that is changed, stick with it. If not, migrate

Just like how military is compulsory for SK men but it isn't in other countries. You can bitch about it all day, but at the end of the day the law is the law. If you don't want to follow the law, then don't be a korean citizen. If not, just follow the rules

• If it's illegal it's most likely not worth risking your career for it. The whole pro weed movement is so darn superficial and stupid. Unpopular opinion but weed is overrated asf and people act so culty about it as though it's something that hasn't been around forever.

If the consequences are worse than that overrated shit you won't catch me puffing it again. It works as chasing the dragon's tail and once you don't feel the same high you move on to harder stuff. I've seen so many kids fall for it and trust me it's more trouble than its worth. They are anything but chill once they forgot to pack their bong on a trip.

Desbundar

• I don't really care.

Weed was legal in South Korea until the mid-1950s, when the US military ordered them to ban it because too many US soldiers were smoking off duty. So there's precedent for US opinions outweighing SKorean opinions here. Weed grows wild on the Korean peninsula (it's legal in NKorea), so importing and mobs would be less likely to be involved.

• Weed was legal in South Korea until the mid-1950s, when the US military ordered them to ban it because too many US soldiers were smoking off duty. So there's precedent for US opinions outweighing SKorean opinions here. Weed grows wild on the Korean peninsula (it's legal in NKorea), so importing and mobs would be less likely to be involved.

Yeah so what happened in the past is in the past. Let the South Koreans decide what is best for them now that foreigners aren't controlling everything they do now. If they still deem weed to be illegal today, it is illegal end end

Don't tell me you gonna be like "wait so Americans created the problem and now we want to tell you actually hey you are wrong let me decide for you what is best right now when we stupidly created the problem in the first place". Let SKoreans decide what is best for them and us foreigners to stay out of it.

At least all they are getting is backlash in my country too much = death penalty

• Yeah so what happened in the past is in the past. Let the South Koreans decide what is best for them now that foreigners aren't controlling everything they do now. If they still deem weed to be illegal today, it is illegal end end

Don't tell me you gonna be like "wait so Americans created the problem and now we want to tell you actually hey you are wrong let me decide for you what is best right now when we stupidly created the problem in the first place". Let SKoreans decide what is best for them and us foreigners to stay out of it.

At least all they are getting is backlash in my country too much = death penalty

what country is that?

even though i live in the middle east one of our beloved singers (who is called THE superstar) had drug allegations and one reporter was like "is it true that you use weed?" and he was like "no i personally like to do cocaine" (not in a joking way btw it was true) and his career kept going strong LMFAO so it's interesting how mine is a muslim country

• what country is that?

even though i live in the middle east one of our beloved singers (who is called THE superstar) had drug allegations and one reporter was like "is it true that you use weed?" and he was like "no i personally like to do cocaine" (not in a joking way btw it was true) and his career kept going strong LMFAO so it's interesting how mine is a muslim country

Singapore. We take drugs very seriously.

• I don't really care.

like always, the voice of reason regarding this topic.

"just because it's the law doesn't mean is right". it's right according to you, don't try to impose your views onto others.

for all of you pretending SK is the only one with this law here are the world maps on legality of weed. even the most liberal and progressive sweden has it illegal

400px-Map-of-world-cannabis-laws.svg.png

2cfdaaf2c25c7dd5aca13582f094d15fc8b327d3.jpg

400px-Map-of-world-medical-cannabis-laws.svg.png

e1223a78d8391a6f1533b8e3305f0bad514cb4a7.png

---------------------------

i personally don't care at all but south koreans do. they know it's illegal in their country and the consequences of being caught doing/possessing it. what we think on the matter is irrelevant, their country- their rules.

• idrc about the weed tbh. but if a member from one of my fav groups did it i would be mad bc they did it knowing they could get in trouble, get caught, ruin their image and the group’s image. its really selfish and irresponsible imo.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• I feel bad for them.

I'm pro doing whatever the fuck you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone. I feel bad for people that don't have the same freedom that I do, just because they were born in a different country. One side of my family are refugees from a country where it became legal to persecute and kill them for their religion. Just because something is a law, doesn't mean it's right or that the entire population agrees with it.

Recreational cannabis use was only recently made legal in my country, and it was not a unanimous choice made by everyone. People fought for this right because not everyone agreed. Progress and change doesn't happen when everyone just accepts injustice. This is something I feel very strongly about.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!