If Dynamite and HYLT weren't from BTS or BP..

• would the songs still be successfull if given to other kpop groups?

Dynamite being a MASSIVE hit and remember people calling bts out for i quote "putting out trash"

HYLT being a big smash and i quote "the song was so easy even nugus could do better".

So if both songs weren't from bts and bp, would they be successfull?

In my opinion, no definitly not.

• dynamite would be nowhere near as successful if wasnt a bts song. but since it is a good and catchy song i think it could still be successful if it belonged to another group.

hylt is honestly a song only bp can pull off so if it wasnt bp’s i dont think it would be as successful or successful at all lol.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• hana-deul-set

Changed the title of the thread from “If Dynamite and HYLT wasn't from BTS or BP..” to “If Dynamite and HYLT weren't from BTS or BP..”.
  • dynamite would be nowhere near as successful if wasnt a bts song. but since it is a good and catchy song i think it could still be successful if it belonged to another group.

hylt is honestly a song only bp can pull off so if it wasnt bp’s i dont think it would be as successful or successful at all lol.

Well i agree 80%.

Dynamite is a bts song and i believe only bts could pull it off as well but sure i respect your opinion

• No, not really, but I think this is true of almost every song tho', especially outside of hiphop and some random hits?

I'm American + so speaking from that point of view, I listen to a lot of indie pop and there are unbelievable songs that get released all the time no one outside of their fans and other people who listen to those spotify lists know about.

On Dynamite, it's a great song but BTS's delivery of it pushes it to the next level, their voices and energy and being BTS's first English Language hit made it a megasmash. As in it's longevity is bc of quality, but it would never have gotten where it is (as in, top 10 song of 2020, still going, etc) without it being BTS, fans hyping it so massively, being used in ads so it so people could discover it and give it the legs it has.

Hell, Driver' License is a good song but she's a Disney start and an industry darling/this wasn't a coincidence it broke big - that level of success is rarely organic these days (and I'm being repetitive, but mostly happens in hiphop)

• We have users here saying Dynamite would be much bigger if it's sung by Bruno Mars lol so yeah the artists do matter in songs' success. But if it's sung by others, I don't think the song will sound the same.

• Well i agree 80%.

Dynamite is a bts song and i believe only bts could pull it off as well but sure i respect your opinion

It doesn't really sound like a BTS song, though.

Like I would say that ON, Idol and even Boy with Luv wouldn't have been a hit if it came from another group. But, Dynamite is just inspired by the retro trend that happened so it would've been popular, regardless.

Just not at a number 1 on Billboard type of level.

• It doesn't really sound like a BTS song, though.

Like I would say that ON, Idol and even Boy with Luv wouldn't have been a hit if it came from another group. But, Dynamite is just inspired by the retro trend that happened so it would've been popular, regardless.

Just not at a number 1 on Billboard type of level.

I meant dynamite had the bts sound in it and it went surely in the bwl direction.

E.g. TXTs blue hour had the same sound as dynamite but it wasn't successfull as dynamite

• Well i agree 80%.

tbh i could see it being a seventeen song bc fresh funky concepts are svt’s niche, plus i think it wouldve been successful but not bts level. maybe even txt? if it was txt’s song i dont see it being successful when you consider txt’s digital performance unless it were to be the song to make them blow up. but i dont think it wouldve been anywhere near as successful as bts’ bc theyre simply bts lol.

i think songs such as bst, dna, or fire wouldnt have been as successful if they werent bts songs bc theyre very bts (meaning its THEIR sound). theyre songs i could only see bts doing. imo dynamite was a song that was just following the retro trend (not a bad thing) and universally appealing, so i think any group with good vocals and dancers wouldve been able to pull it off. now for the success part its different bc that definitely depends on the group.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• my mistake, i meant other kpop groups

And that still doesn't change my point that the artists do matter in a song's success.

The thing is it's not only the music that matters, it's also how it is being promoted and the names associated with it. Other groups can release these songs but if their companies suck at promoting, can't create the same likable concepts/music videos, it will still fail. It's a lot more than just the song itself.

• tbh i could see it being a seventeen song bc fresh funky concepts are svt’s niche, plus i think it wouldve been successful but not bts level. maybe even txt? if it was txt’s song i dont see it being successful when you consider txt’s digital performance unless it were to be the song to make them blow up. but i dont think it wouldve been anywhere near as successful as bts’ bc theyre simply bts lol.

i think songs such as bst, dna, or fire wouldnt have been as successful if they werent bts songs bc theyre very bts (meaning its THEIR sound). theyre songs i could only see bts doing. imo dynamite was a song that was just following the retro trend (not a bad thing) and universally appealing, so i think any group with good vocals and dancers wouldve been able to pull it off. now for the success part its different bc that definitely depends on the group.

Right

• Depends on if the playlisting and promo would go with the song.

Dynamite as exactly the same song would still be a hit, but probably a smaller one, since armys did give it the initial push. Depends on the artist and promo. It may have ended up a big hit anyway, its very catchy. If another kpop boy group would do it, most of their companies would ruin it by fracturing the song to add all 423433 members and annoying bad rap verses or strange sounds, so that would go nowhere. It could do well as a girl group song.

Im not gonna comment on HYLT, apparently its not allowed.

• Depends on if the playlisting and promo would go with the song.

Dynamite as exactly the same song would still be a hit, but probably a smaller one, since armys did give it the initial push. Depends on the artist and promo. It may have ended up a big hit anyway, its very catchy. If another kpop boy group would do it, most of their companies would ruin it by fracturing the song to add all 423433 members and annoying bad rap verses or strange sounds, so that would go nowhere. It could do well as a girl group song.

Im not gonna comment on HYLT, apparently its not allowed.

Why isn't it allowed, say it

• Funny when you say Blinks eat it up every time when its more successful with the general public than in the fandom lol

Eat it up as in hype it up because it fits their image. I personally believe that a fandom makes a song popular first, not the general public. Especially, in Kpop.

HYLT wouldn't have been popular if it came from a small group and that's my opinion.

• Official Post

For Dynamite....If it was another KPOP artist then no way, they most likely wouldn't have the ability and impact to have their song in a Samsung ad which I think is the main factor for it's success. I get that ad like every day and I'm sure it's the same for others as well. In Korea...literally no way boy groups are nugu with the GP aside from BTS.

And for HYLT, no. No one else can really pull off girl crush like BP, I can't really imagine anyone else sing or performing it. And with the amount of promo they gave it(like none) if we had the same exact song with the same exact promo period for another group, it would go way under the radar lmao

tbh alot of big songs have the hype of being from a big name, which gives the song more exposure. They would probably be less popular if released by a less popular artist unless lots of promo went into it.

• Are people going to ignore the fact that apart from the artistes the song itself matters??? There’s a reason why dynamite got ate up by the general public. The song itself is very catchy and captured the festive moments. There’s a reason it’s success shocked everyone on this forum, from billboard charts to European charts to k charts to Japan charts. That song was massive. Honestly if any artiste had this song with all the promotion that came with it, it would have been a big success. I’ll admit initially it may have been fandom power but for the rest of the song’s run on charts last year was all gp. And I don’t think the gp cared to even know that the song was from BTS when they were bobbing to it on the radios. Every demographic loves it including kids and very old people who aren’t aware of what goes on in the pop world. It brought in lots of new fans and made them mainstream. Or are we going to say these people are all armys :boredr:

• Looking at covers of Dynamite I don't think anyone can pull it off the way bts does. So the song even if good would kind of flop. The artist, their vocals and how they perform really makes or breaks songs.

For example just look at kaachi. Everyone thought their debut song was trash but then that youtuber covered it and it actually sounded good. The problem wasn't the song but the artists.

For hylt I think it would do moderately okay. If a girl crush gg did it I can see it being popular among some kpop fans. People eat up anything girl crush it seems.

• It's difficult to say, because Dynamite was tailored for the US GP. The point is, if it wasn't BTS, it would have been performed by a US artist. It would have been successful in the US, and probably in the West in general, but it wouldn't have gotten the same level of support in Asia, especially in Japan.

HYLK is very Blackpink. I do think another group could have been successful with this song, because, well, it's a good song, but not at that level.

my thoughts

• i think they're both good songs but i don't think they would've been hits if they'd been released by other groups, HYLT is very unconventional, and dynamite is a bit too generic

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• I think Dynamite would still be successful because it really is a bop and such a good vibes song. I think HYLT is only successful because of BP.. I tried so hard for the song to just click to me but it's just so not catchy. Sorry.. my opinion..

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!