YG doing a collaboration with HYBE

• This morning I saw this article.

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…m-collaboration-with-hybe

What do you think are their plans? Of course Weverse but do you think they could have other plans too?

Of course, there's no way to know unless there's a YG executive on the loose here :pepestare: , but what could be possible business ideas? I doubt that there will be a artists collaboration but I can't think of others things than weverse.

YG is normally known for doing a lot of things themselves and suddenly they are doing business with HYBE.

• They are just going to be on Weverse shop.

Just like YGPlus is going to do digital and physical music distribution for Big Hit, in which you'll see the YG logo on albums and places like Spotify. As Big Hit officials stated, YGPlus has a unique expertise in distribution.

Also, YG/Big Hit/Naver have partnered on Venew...an online concert platform...and they are building a VFX/SFX theater/venue on land owned by YG in Seoul, in which artists from other labels will pay to be on.

Naver has also invested in both YG and Big Hit.

YG has also invested in Big Hit subsidiaries.

So YG, Naver and Big Hit are basically a HUGE partnership now.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• YG has also invested in Big Hit subsidiaries.

So YG, Naver and Big Hit are basically a HUGE partnership now.

Lmao certain delulu YG stan is now attaching YG to HYBE at every chance they get. Sorry to burst your bubble but YG ain’t on the level to invest in HYBE.

UMG and YG invested into Venewlive which is a Kiswe project (a completely independent company). But looks like it already got you hyperventilating at the mere sight of the word “HYBE”.

54C3143C-B37F-4554-9ADD-05EFC7D17ACA.jpg

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• YG has not invested into Hybe at all I don’t understand where your getting your miss information

• the only thing i know is that yg does album distribution for bh labels and yg artists join weverse. BigHit invested in YGplus and they do have some kind of partnership.

Naver x YG x BigHit working together by building a venue (?) for concerts owned by YG

I never heard of YG investing in BH tho

• Lmao certain delulu YG stan is now attaching YG to HYBE at every chance they get. Sorry to burst your bubble but YG ain’t on the level to invest in HYBE.

UMG and YG invested into Venewlive which is a Kiswe project (a completely independent company). But looks like it already got you hyperventilating at the mere sight of the word “HYBE”.

I'm sorry the facts are so upsetting to you. Didn't mean to upset you.

Yes, the SFX/VFX venue being built on property owned by YG is a partnership among YG/BH/Naver which will host Venew.

Not attaching YG to anything. BH approached YGPlus about distribution, since they were having issues with it.

YG has been expanding into various industries for about 10 years now and has diversified businesses among about a dozen subsidiaries, just like Big Hit is doing now, which is a smart move by them.

EsunGHOUwAMSM4d.jpg

YG has not invested into Hybe at all I don’t understand where your getting your miss information

No, YG invested into their subsidiary just like BH invested into YG's subsidiary.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• i think it's that concert platform. It's a joint venture of BH and the company which did the online concert for bts.

Not sure if it's under Hybe tho. Like I don't if it's a hybe subsidiary or a joint venture

• Lmao certain delulu YG stan is now attaching YG to HYBE at every chance they get. Sorry to burst your bubble but YG ain’t on the level to invest in HYBE.

Really makes me laugh how desperate they are to be attached to anything BTS.

:pepe-cringe:

• Do you have any sources for BH approaching YG, because they have trouble with distribution? SOmething that is not coming from YG, but BH or a neutral source?

Looking at financials it looks like YG needed to sell their one actual profitable subsidiary to make some quick cash since theyre in deficit. But thats only speculation.

• No, YG invested into their subsidiary just like BH invested into YG's subsidiary

no they didn’t I don’t know why you’re trying to lie lol. Tell me what subsidiary yg supposedly invested in? You can’t as there is none

Maybe you’re thinking of the KBYK Live thing that umg/yg invested into but that’s a joint venture with of bighit and kisswe it is NOT a subsidiary

• Hahahah I'm sorry that you don't know how to read arrows and love to spew fantasy out of your little brain. You literally just proved yourself wrong. 1) Where is HYBE in this organization map of yours if YG invested in HYBE directly? 2) What direction is the HYBE to Venewlive arrow pointing and where does it say Venewlive is a HYBE subsidiary?

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

Edited once, last by drchimchim ().

• Actually, if you look at the money flows, BH investments into YG related projects are very minor compared to their bigger partnerships and acquisitions, like Ithaca, Naver, UMG, Warner Borthers etc.

• The users liking misinformation this user always spew will nevee not be funny. In order for YGE to invest, they would need to have millions of dollars that they currently don't have. Can't invest if you're always in red. That's why BigHit invested in YG+ and NOT the other way around.

• BH was not having trouble with distribution.

Them making a deal with YG was nothing more than a strategic strategy to ensure YG artist to weverse instead of the competition.

• Also YG plus is mainly for physical and physical distribution for Japan and Korea... Columbia which is BTS US distribution. On BTS Spotify in the US the distribution is still UMG.

Edited once, last by wendii ().

• The users liking misinformation this user always spew will nevee not be funny. In order for YGE to invest, they would need to have millions of dollars that they currently don't have. Can't invest if you're always in red. That's why BigHit invested in YG+ and NOT the other way around.

they havent been in the red in ages and yg recently invested $5M in zepeto. don't think you should be talking about misinformation

Edited 3 times, last by Cold_Wave ().

• they havent been in the red in ages and yg (along with BH) just recently invested $10M into zepeto. don't think you should be talking about misinformation

They were in the red in 2020 annual results. How is that "havent been in the red in ages"?

• we're going to need some sources for those distribution issues you claim BigHit had with the albums, and for which they needed YGPlus's help.

• IDK what YG is up to but they allready work at NU'EST's comeback or better said: YG's name is on the comeback-images of NU'EST

Their album will have yg+ and maybe in digital distribution too, it's because hybe are using them to distribute their music, I don't know what does that comeback +images mean tho.

• IDK what YG is up to but they allready work at NU'EST's comeback or better said: YG's name is on the comeback-images of NU'EST

YG plus, in which Hybe has invested, is distributing the music for all Hybe sub-labels in Korea.

There is no creative involvement of YG in any Hybe group. It is a distribution deal. Earlier BTS and TXT used to get distributed through Dreamus, now they will be distributed through YG plus where both YGE and Hybe have a stake.

• we're going to need some sources for those distribution issues you claim BigHit had with the albums, and for which they needed YGPlus's help.

I think even logically looking at album sales and availability globally.. I think YG’s acts are the ones with problems (not enough, late, not available etc) compared to BH’s. I am still sceptical with YG’s competence because of their past track records. They better not fxck up BTS’ albums distribution

• I think even logically looking at album sales and availability globally.. I think YG’s acts are the ones with problems (not enough, late, not available etc) compared to BH’s. I am still sceptical with YG’s competence because of their past track records. They better not fxck up BTS’ albums distribution

yeah, i'm a bit anxious as well :peperain: i hate when companies try to fix a thing that isn't going wrong in the first place. :pepe-peek:

Tell me about it, Armys never complained about BTS albums not being distributed properly or being under-stocked. In fact I see some other fandoms complaining about this.

• YG plus, in which Hybe has invested, is distributing the music for all Hybe sub-labels in Korea.

There is no creative involvement of YG in any Hybe group. It is a distribution deal. Earlier BTS and TXT used to get distributed through Dreamus, now they will be distributed through YG plus where both YGE and Hybe have a stake.

im not sure about all sub labels

i think enhypen still use stone/genie bcs of cj&m

and gfriend still use kakao (pledis changed distribution to dreamus, but source not) + zico too

yg plus will distribute physical copies + distribute digitally on korean platforms (melon,flo)

for international distribution each hybe label/group use different distributors

bts sony in us/europe, umg - japanese releases , txt us-republic , japan umg

GIGajJgXgAA8Q5P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited 2 times, last by Vivi1388 ().

• I haven't work out the courage to look at that BTS x Hybe x JB x Ari x Demi video.... I just hate drastic changes and hope it doesn't affect badly the other half of the industry.

How will it affect kpop?? HYBE America is based in the US market, managing their own artistes. The only acts who will be affected are acts under BigHit, that one even depends if HYBE America is doing US promo

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!